Abell D, Copeland C, and Reyburn Low D For Sale

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Wombat
antispam: No

Post by Wombat »

StewySmoot wrote:
Wombat wrote:
StewySmoot wrote:
In fact, if someone came up to me on the street and asked where should he sell a used whistle, I would instinctively point them here.

However, we have a situation where a board member has done precisely that, and the first reply is confrontational.

Consequently, "I guess I wont be suggesting that someone try to sell a whistle on a whistle forum anytime soon!"
On the basis of just one recent example? Come off it. Looking at the board right now, other sellers don't seem to have been put off.
:roll:

Look...
You asked me to explain because you didnt follow my reasoning after I explained why I understand your POV after you pointed out that I didnt use quotes which caused you to think I was calling you a "Soccer Mom".
OK?

Is everybody 100% clear here?

Holy smokes
OK, I'll drop it. I was happy to a few posts back. I don't follow your reasoning but since I accept that you weren't attacking me I'll stop questioning the plausibility of your explanations.

I'm not being deliberately provocative. But the more you say the less I grasp what you were really up to. But let's drop it. It simply doesn't matter.
StewySmoot
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by StewySmoot »

Wombat wrote:
StewySmoot wrote:
Wombat wrote: On the basis of just one recent example? Come off it. Looking at the board right now, other sellers don't seem to have been put off.
:roll:

Look...
You asked me to explain because you didnt follow my reasoning after I explained why I understand your POV after you pointed out that I didnt use quotes which caused you to think I was calling you a "Soccer Mom".
OK?

Is everybody 100% clear here?

Holy smokes
OK, I'll drop it. I was happy to a few posts back. I don't follow your reasoning but since I accept that you weren't attacking me I'll stop questioning the plausibility of your explanations.

I'm not being deliberately provocative. But the more you say the less I grasp what you were really up to. But let's drop it. It simply doesn't matter.
You are going to have to requote me. I added a few more lines for laffs.
<a href="http://www.whistletotheworld.com/" target="_blank"> Whistle to the World</a>
Helping underprivileged kids learn music via the Irish Whistle.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

StewySmoot wrote:
You are going to have to requote me. I added a few more lines for laffs.
Hilarious.
greenspiderweb
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by greenspiderweb »

I was interested in the Reyburn Low D, so I contacted Seamus, and found him to be quite an accomodating and interesting individual. I just received the Reyburn today, and I can say it is as described, was handled in a professional and expedient manner, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from Seamus again.

We lost a good one here, people!
~~~~
Barry
Tony McGinley

Post by Tony McGinley »

I would have to agree with GREENSPIDERWEB. "We lost a good one". It would be nice if judgement could be reserved, at least for a little time, on someones motives and character. SnakeOil merchants, hawkers, and 3 card tricksters are soon found-out and quickly ignored. Spoofers and pretenders run out of air soon enough also. So we really dont need "the guardians" to jump in too fast to save us all.

I have been corresponding, partly in Gaelic, with Seamus who I find to be a facinating character with loads of experience and history behind him. He tells me he played the uillean and war pipes and that the whistle was a secondary instrument. He certainly knows his Gaelic and cultural heritage stuff.

I joined this board hoping to talk to people just like him - so I suppose the board has served its purpose - in a somewhat warped way. I contacted him because I felt bad about way he left, and since I have been enjoying an interesting flow of history, culture, language and musical information.

It is a pity others cannot enjoy this also.
Tony McGinley

<i><b>"The well-being of mankind,
its peace and security,
are unattainable unless and until
its unity is firmly established."
<i><b>
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

I found this thread weird and embarrassing for vet Chiffsters.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

well i just think stewy should put back up his nice avatar.
whoooooo' s with me????
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

The Weekenders wrote:I found this thread weird and embarrassing for vet Chiffsters.
No, just another average day at C&f.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
barbuck
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by barbuck »

amar wrote:well i just think stewy should put back up his nice avatar.
whoooooo' s with me????
Yeah, me too!!!

And speaking of avatars, is that some fresh ink on yours?
BAR
Tony McGinley

Post by Tony McGinley »

The Weekenders wrote:I found this thread weird and embarrassing for vet Chiffsters.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Embarrassing - yes me too.

If people are still reading this thread I would like to hear if they felt embarrassed also.

I wonder in what way do people find this thread embarrassing. Is it because a senior citizen was offended by the barrage he undeservingly received, and felt he had to defend his character and reputation? Or is it by the somewhat waspish tone used by some correspondents? Or is it by the "babble of the rabble" the cacophony of empty vessels rattling loudly? Or maybe it is because it is just plain 'un-cool' to talk about feelings and real people when we should be safely playing around with whistles and avatars instead?
Tony McGinley

its peace and security,
<i><b>
StewySmoot

Post by StewySmoot »

Vet as in been here for a long time, or Vet as in Veteran of combat?
<a href="http://www.whistletotheworld.com/" target="_blank"> Whistle to the World</a>
Helping underprivileged kids learn music via the Irish Whistle.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

What the heck is up with this weird thread?
Teri-K

Post by Teri-K »

Tony McGinley wrote:

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Embarrassing - yes me too.

If people are still reading this thread I would like to hear if they felt embarrassed also.

I wonder in what way do people find this thread embarrassing. Is it because a senior citizen was offended by the barrage he undeservingly received, and felt he had to defend his character and reputation? Or is it by the somewhat waspish tone used by some correspondents? Or is it by the "babble of the rabble" the cacophony of empty vessels rattling loudly? Or maybe it is because it is just plain 'un-cool' to talk about feelings and real people when we should be safely playing around with whistles and avatars instead?
Uh, yes and yes and yes and yes

C&F Vet
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Look at the subject header of this thread, then where it went off to; wierd is right! I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with just using the Board to post sales if that's your wont. I also don't fault anyone for being a bit suspicious of people they're not somewhat familiar with. I think the way and extent to which this was handled has been a bit much, though.

It is true that the reality behind postings is generally easily outed. It's also easy for people to either deal with someone or not or to find out further information before casting aspersions. There are wonderful people on this Board who I only know through the Board who have sent me wonderful whistles and flutes to try out for long periods just because they noted my posts over time, and I've done same for others.

I also thought, although right about many on the internet saying things they would better consider face to face, the poster was a bit over sensitive, taking it to physical challenges and all.

So yes, this thread gave me a strange feeling, though embarrassment might not be the word I'd use. Strange, untempered, ill-considered on several fronts..

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
Tony McGinley

Post by Tony McGinley »

DaleWisely wrote:What the heck is up with this weird thread?

(I like the avatar!!!)

:oops: :lol: :oops: :lol: :oops:
Our father which art in E-heaven (or even on DaleForce One)
Hallowed be thy name
- thy will be done on Chiff & Fipple as it is in E-heaven - -
give us this day our Dale-E bread
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive them who trespass against us - -
for thine is the kingdom etc.

With apologies to anyone who might be offended by the play on religion.
Tony McGinley

its peace and security,
<i><b>