Trade? Sweet blackwood for Burke Al high d or Al Bb ?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
greenspiderweb
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Trade? Sweet blackwood for Burke Al high d or Al Bb ?

Post by greenspiderweb »

Hey folks, Still Looking!(7/01/05)

I decided I was being a little narrow in my trade, so I am open to these offers, thanks! :

Will also trade for Burke Bb Al or also the older Al Pro high d

I have an old style Sweetheart blackwood high d in excellent condition and want to trade for a new style Burke Aluminum high d session bore with the black tip, in good shape.

The last I saw, these Sweetheart Kilhoury models with the Sterling rings went for about $175 when they were new. This one is fine, except for a slight chip out of the back of the fipple, but you can't feel it when you play, unless you move your lip around. I'm sure it can be filled very easily. I've only had it a short time, and since my playing on high ds is very limited, I have rarely played it.

It's a pretty "Sweet!" sounding whistle, the upper register needs to be pushed a little, so it gets a little loud like the old style Sweets, but with the right breath control and a little practice on it, it's easy to get it sounding good consistently, if a little loud. The lower can be played at good volume, or softly.

I believe that I like the aluminum tone best, from the clips I've heard, and want to compare it to a Burke composite session bore I have, to see which I actually prefer.

I got this at a good price, so the trade would be even up, with insured priority mail shipping in the USA. Anybody interested?

The only other whistle I might be interested in trading for is a Sweetheart Low D, but then, who would do that?!!! Or, if you don't have the trade, and want to buy for the price of a new Burke (or close), OK.

Thanks, email or pm me, your choice, but emails are quicker.[/b]
Last edited by greenspiderweb on Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
~~~~
Barry
IrishLass
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by IrishLass »

Sorry if I threw you into WHoA! :oops:

:lol:

Carolyn
"Sing to the Lord a new song" Psalm 149:1
greenspiderweb

Post by greenspiderweb »

You should feel bad, Carolyn, since you already traded it away, but not too bad. You just made me come out of remission early, it never is really gone! :)
~~~~
Barry
IrishLass
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by IrishLass »

I am beginning to find that out. :)

Carolyn
"Sing to the Lord a new song" Psalm 149:1
greenspiderweb

Post by greenspiderweb »

Just in case it wasn't clear from the posts, I did not find a trade yet!

Thanks!
~~~~
Barry
Unseen122
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

Everybody wants a Burke. Even me.
greenspiderweb

Post by greenspiderweb »

I decided I was being a little narrow in my request of a particular trade, so I will also trade the Sweetheart for a Burke Al Pro high d (the older model), the newer model Al Pro high d, or either in a Burke Bb Aluminum.

Thanks very much! :)
~~~~
Barry