Thanks, Phil Hardy, excellent work

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
GaryKelly
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by GaryKelly »

Wombat wrote:
StewySmoot wrote:Regardless, there is no reason why anyone who is not in the whistle crafting business cant post something positive about a whistle craftsperson in a whistle forum. If its about Phil Hardy and you think there are "unresolved issues" with him, that is not my problem.
Who said it was your problem? Who said you can't post positive remarks about Phil if you want to? I was responding to a statement Henke made and only to the statement. There was something he didn't understand; I explained it to him. Where do you come in to this?
Stewy comes into it because you weren't responding solely to Henke, as you made perfectly clear when you opened your remarks thus:
Wombat wrote:For your benefit, Henke, for the benefit of those who attacked Azalin on the other thread, in particular those who did so rudely, and finally, for the benefit of those newcomers who have no idea what is going on here, let me spell it all out one more time.
Of course you could have simply PM'd Henke if you'd wanted your response to be purely personal to him. But you didn't. And I think your "let me spell it all out one more time" was ill-conceived too, as was mentioning 'the other thread' (thereby carrying the flames from over there into here, unnecessarily imho).

Not surprised Stewy reacted sharply.
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
Feadin

Post by Feadin »

I think the situation es very clear: Some people is happy and share their happiness, and some people is unhappy and so they share their unhappiness :)
It's completely natural, let them share they feelings and experiences, whatever they are, so we can all move on ;)
Cristian Feldman
Wombat
antispam: No

Post by Wombat »

GaryKelly wrote:
Wombat wrote:
StewySmoot wrote:Regardless, there is no reason why anyone who is not in the whistle crafting business cant post something positive about a whistle craftsperson in a whistle forum. If its about Phil Hardy and you think there are "unresolved issues" with him, that is not my problem.
Who said it was your problem? Who said you can't post positive remarks about Phil if you want to? I was responding to a statement Henke made and only to the statement. There was something he didn't understand; I explained it to him. Where do you come in to this?
Stewy comes into it because you weren't responding solely to Henke, as you made perfectly clear when you opened your remarks thus:
Wombat wrote:For your benefit, Henke, for the benefit of those who attacked Azalin on the other thread, in particular those who did so rudely, and finally, for the benefit of those newcomers who have no idea what is going on here, let me spell it all out one more time.
Of course you could have simply PM'd Henke if you'd wanted your response to be purely personal to him. But you didn't. And I think your "let me spell it all out one more time" was ill-conceived too, as was mentioning 'the other thread' (thereby carrying the flames from over there into here, unnecessarily imho).

Not surprised Stewy reacted sharply.
You're right Gary about my answer generalising although, frankly, I couldn't remember exactly who had attacked Azalin on that thread. Yes, I was annoyed by the shrillness of those attacks. Perhaps I shouldn't have been but nothing Stewy said has convinced me of that. Still I have no intention of starting a slanging match.
StewySmoot

Post by StewySmoot »

On the face of a 7-year feud, I frankly dont expect to convince you at all!
:)
<a href="http://www.whistletotheworld.com/" target="_blank"> Whistle to the World</a>
Helping underprivileged kids learn music via the Irish Whistle.
Azalin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Azalin »

As I stated in the other thread, it's very interesting to see how people resort to insults or personnal attacks when you dare go against the flow of a thread. I think this time people were able to keep this thread civilized, which is somewhat impressive.

Just to be perfectly clear, everytime I come upon a post from Phil and see his url posted in there (kerrywhistles.com) I might say something, because to me it's just pure marketing manipulation. Only Phil knows if it's true or not. But the fact is that he is posting his url, and this is very close to being against the rules. It's obvious to me that generating traffic to his site, even though it's all about "other whistle makers", is a good thing for him. Everytime you type kerrywhistle.com, or you see it, is a good thing for him. Now, few different people in the other thread called me a child, told me to get a life, etc, and Phil himself sent some great nasty jabs of course, because I think that way.

So no matter how you love Phil, I still have a right to suggest, publicly, what I think of him posting his url. This is a public board, and we can all have different opinions on the matter. What gives you the right to tell me to "ignore" his posts? Should we all just ignore the posts we disagree with? You guys log in in here to have a little Babylon where we all agree and share the same goals? Should I apologize for bursting your bubble?
Denny

Post by Denny »

I have a link to a web site, that is commercial in nature, in my profile... I did not choose to include it as a means of advertising but to allow others to see a bit more of what I am about in my real life.

Love Phil, hate Phil or anything in between KerryWhistles is a big part of Phil's life. Yeah, I've heard of the feud, I've "researched" it, I wasn't there and it isn't my feud.

So, who wants to buy a horse?
Denny
StewySmoot

Post by StewySmoot »

Denny wrote: So, who wants to buy a horse?
Denny
What do you take me for, a foal?
<a href="http://www.whistletotheworld.com/" target="_blank"> Whistle to the World</a>
Denny

Post by Denny »

StewySmoot wrote:
Denny wrote: So, who wants to buy a horse?
Denny
What do you take me for, a foal?
Naw, your nose is too short.
Whitmores75087

Post by Whitmores75087 »

Facinating string, this. One thread regarding a whistlesmith produces a lot of warm fuzzies, another generates a lot of heat. Either way, it's fun.
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

StewySmoot wrote: If you continue to choose to be unkindly disposed towards Mr. Hardy, that is your prerogative.
LOL. Did you really say that?

*pinching self
/Bloomfield
StewySmoot

Post by StewySmoot »

I sure did! I sure as hell did, didn't I?

*patting self on back
Last edited by StewySmoot on Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Well, I'm upset.

This thread has drifted away from the really important issue under discussion:

Which is it, SMARF or SWARF?!?!?!?!?!?

Best wishes,
Jerry
StevieJ
Tell us something.: Old hand, active in the early 2000s. Less active in recent years but still lurking from time to time.

Post by StevieJ »

Jerry Freeman wrote:Well, I'm upset.

Best wishes,
Jerry
Couldn't be SMARM, could it? :moreevil:
StewySmoot

Post by StewySmoot »

StevieJ wrote:
Jerry Freeman wrote:Well, I'm upset.

Best wishes,
Jerry
Couldn't be SMARM, could it? :moreevil:
You know, I wanted to use "smarmily" in an earlier reply but didnt, mainly because it doesnt exist.

And to settle the SMARF/SWARF debate, I deleted the email. :oops:

I would ask Phil to chime in but......
:)
OBrien

Post by OBrien »

Severely Mucky And Restricted Fipple?