Monzani 1813 rosewood/silver flute ebay 7332325890

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
John Hodgson
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Monzani 1813 rosewood/silver flute ebay 7332325890

Post by John Hodgson »

Dear friends, I am selling a genuine 2 headjoints rosewood and silver keyed Mozani hallmarked 1813. Its up on ebay as per the above number. Please do not send any email using this thread, complete on line using ebay. Needs to go to a good home. :boggle:
Terry McGee

Re: Monzani 1813 rosewood/silver flute ebay 7332325890

Post by Terry McGee »

John Hodgson wrote:Dear friends, I am selling a genuine 2 headjoints rosewood and silver keyed Mozani hallmarked 1813. Its up on ebay as per the above number. Please do not send any email using this thread, complete on line using ebay. Needs to go to a good home. :boggle:
I'd like to urge the utmost caution in regard to this item. Mr Hodgson is a first time poster on C&F, yet we are "friends". He is a first time seller on Ebay. He requests us to contact him outside the Ebay system. He offers the instrument for a starting bid of 0.99GBP.

Terry
eilam

Post by eilam »

Thanks Terry.
funny thing is that his email is:trustyd.

even if it's all legit, never hurts to act with caution when you are dealing with a new ebay member, maybe thru that escrow service (it that what it's called, where they act as a middle men)?
John Hodgson

Our Monzani Flute and our business

Post by John Hodgson »

Dear Friends, using this term Terry Mcgee as although we are new to ebay, you were once, we are in fact a sincere and well established company. You can urge caution but the fact remains that the flute is real and genuine and if anyone wanted to buy it outside of the Ebay system they can at any time. Our contact details are on the system, telephone numbers, etc. We give a fully detailed invoice and have sold instruments for many years. Our listing is true, but where do you start with a Monzani. The fact that we started it at 99p means and suggests nothing, only the ebayers who dont know the system would start at £2000 and pay Ebay considerable fees just for listing. So starting at 99p is called business, as you and we all know that the flute will make its price irrespective of the starting price. There is always much confusion with ebay and expensive items such as this, the trade cry shame and dont trust em, whereas we are providing a service to collectors worldwide, who would otherwise never see this flute. Oh and by the way, we have in fact 5000+ positive feedbacks over 3 companies, so our email "trustyd@uk2.net" is a new email address established for a new company. Anyway, enough of the rambling, please all take a look and if you are in any doubt of our credibility, honesty or integrity, please dont bid as we dont need your business. John.
Chang He

Post by Chang He »

I think despite the location in London, John's first language is not English. :D Whatever works though. Thanks for the caution, Terry. And John, best of luck selling the flute at a fair price, whatever that may be.
A voice in the dark imploring,
A sweet flute play’d in the light
-Arthur Edward Waite
John Hodgson

Our Monzani Flute & your kind emails

Post by John Hodgson »

Dear fellow flute enthusiasts, thanks for the 20+ emails, sorry about the 2 that were from 'the jealous ones'. We shall post more pictures of the rear keys as requested, this will be done tomorrow, all serious enquiries will be replied to. As for the comments about our English, its not really in the spirit of the forum and might actually be offensive to some (in fact the member is borderline personal insult), although as a trader in town (London) you have to be thick skinned, so petty throw away jibes, well enough said...Benetton made a fortune from bad press, so tell all your flute friends to read this thread, we welcome the publicity the bad comments give. WE PROVIDE FULL INVOICE, MONEY BACK GUARANTEE, NO CONDITIONAL SALES. We stand by our reputation. We are not interested in trading personal insults, very amateur, very insincere. John
RudallRose

Post by RudallRose »

I guess where I got queazy was when I simply put the business name into a google search of businesses.......and found nothing. Not a phone book listing, not an address to coincide......nothing.
I was more interested to see what else these boys had in stock.....but couldn't locate their establishment.
Isn't that odd for a long-standing business?
I suppose I should just ask Tony Bingham. He'd know them for sure (or not?)
AaronMalcomb
antispam: No

Post by AaronMalcomb »

John, there are tons of rip-off artists on the net and we have to be shrewd. So if you got upset about a couple skeptics you have only raised more eyebrows. I'm sure most of us are sorry you fail our skepticism but not a whole lot if our money is still in our bank.

Cheers,
Aaron
RudallRose

Post by RudallRose »

John, I suppose it would be easier if I just asked you:
Where is your store located and how do I find it?
Have you a list of other flutes available?
Jon C.
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Post by Jon C. »

I found him on the web, and by the looks of him I wouldn't mess with him... :boggle:
Jon
http://www.john-hodgson.com/home.htm
"I love the flute because it's the one instrument in the world where you can feel your own breath. I can feel my breath with my fingers. It's as if I'm speaking from my soul..."
Michael Flatley

Jon
John Hodgson

Humour & Our business

Post by John Hodgson »

Like the humour, proves that the forum does have a couple of happy people. We wont waste anymore our time proving we are genuine people. We have had 5 calls from the USA and London, these guys have been reassured and a couple of meetings are arranged for Friday where the flute will be shown. Theres no scam, no dodgy deals, no ebay fraud. If the cynics wish to perpetuate the myth of some major flute scandal involving The International Flute Fraudster Syndicate (joke), then thats fine, we shall still sell the flute for whatever it goes for, bank details and the provenance of where the flute came from will be provided so buyer can check the history. This will be our last post, although we are sure to have more Forum skirmishes in the future when more flutes go up. Best wishes to all on Chiff & Fipple, good luck if you bid on the auction and those that see green, well another time. John
treeshark

Post by treeshark »

Wow I just guessed who it is... the clues are all there the use of 'we' and 'our' owner of lots of fabulous antiques... slightly old fashioned english... It has to be the Queen.
Gosh who would of thought her majesty would be an ebayer.

(Stands, salutes to the the strains of "God Save the Queen" and falls over.)
Matt_Paris

Post by Matt_Paris »

treeshark wrote:owner of lots of fabulous antiques... slightly old fashioned english... It has to be the Queen.
AndrewK was the Queen??? :boggle:
treeshark

Post by treeshark »

Matt_Paris wrote:
treeshark wrote:owner of lots of fabulous antiques... slightly old fashioned english... It has to be the Queen.
AndrewK was the Queen??? :boggle:
Wow! I can't wait for this one to hit the papers. :o
Paul Thomas

Post by Paul Thomas »

treeshark wrote:<...>It has to be the Queen.<...>
Perhaps even more surprisingly, Herself (or Herself's webmaster, someone who knows a good reverse-lookup engine for UK phone numbers could figure this out) resides in East Sussex, and has a predilection for replacing vowels with "y".

Easily determined anytime you want more info about an ebay seller, and they are not trying too hard to disguise their origins:
  • 1. determine image hosting source (right click images)
    2. visit site & whois
    3. lather, rinse, repeat