What do you look like?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
BrassBlower
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by BrassBlower »

Cynth wrote:JES, you look mighty cool for someone living in Florida!

BrassBlower---for some reason I thought you were a woman! :lol: It must be your civilized behavior. Glad I got it right now. (I got mixed up about StewySmoot too. It's just me.)
Thank you for your kind words, Cynth. Most people wouldn't say "civilized", they would say "boring". :wink: :lol: Truth is, being Christian in religion, straight in sexual orientation, and moderate in political viewpoint doesn't make for a very controversial (or even very interesting) character on this forum! :D

I think it must be the cat avatar. :wink:
https://www.facebook.com/4StringFantasy

I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

-Galileo
djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by djm »

BrassB wrote:I think it must be the cat avatar.
:-?
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

BrassBlower----Anyone who starts up a new country or state or whatever that was with the mosquito as the state bird is not boring! :lol: Although I think your darn state bird has moved up here for the summer.

I guess I do sort of associate kitties with women, but I don't know why. My husband is just as nutty about our kitties and about cute kitty pictures as I am.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

MarcusR wrote:
Joseph E. Smith wrote: Image

Hey Joseph, are those legal plants there on your front porch? :o /MarcusR

I think those are part of his hurricane plan . . . when they get as high as an elephant's eye, they'll form an impenetrable wind block on all four sides.

Joseph, you'll invite us to the cookout, eh?
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

djm wrote:
BrassB wrote:I think it must be the cat avatar.
:-?
:lol: I guess not all cat avatars are created equal. :lol:
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Oh, djm, I didn't realize your avatar was a cat. I looked at it more closely and I think that must be what it is. Sorry. :)
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Cynth wrote:Oh, djm, I didn't realize your avatar was a cat. I looked at it more closely and I think that must be what it is. Sorry. :)
Now, Cynth . . . really! Surely you know who that avatar is!

You do know, don't you?
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Lambchop wrote:
Cynth wrote:Oh, djm, I didn't realize your avatar was a cat. I looked at it more closely and I think that must be what it is. Sorry. :)
Now, Cynth . . . really! Surely you know who that avatar is!

You do know, don't you?
Ack! Phhhhhhhtt! :lol:
Joseph E. Smith

Lambchop wrote:

I think those are part of his hurricane plan . . . when they get as high as an elephant's eye, they'll form an impenetrable wind block on all four sides.

Joseph, you'll invite us to the cookout, eh?
Absolutely, nothing like a hurricane party to... uh.... ummm... I guess there simply isn't anything like a hurricane party. :D Surprisingly, these plants are (for the most part) hurricane proof.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Lambchop wrote:Now, Cynth . . . really! Surely you know who that avatar is!
Well, I guess it must be a well-known cartoon character. It isn't Garfield. Unless he's being electrocuted? I can't say any other cat comes to mind. :lol: I've never been much of a comics person, my husband forces one on me from time to time but I don't remember this cat.
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Cynth wrote:
Lambchop wrote:Now, Cynth . . . really! Surely you know who that avatar is!
Well, I guess it must be a well-known cartoon character. It isn't Garfield. Unless he's being electrocuted? I can't say any other cat comes to mind. :lol: I've never been much of a comics person, my husband forces one on me from time to time but I don't remember this cat.
It's Bill the Cat, of Bloom County, Outland and Opus fame. These are all comic strips by Berkeley Breathed.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
BrassBlower
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by BrassBlower »

Maybe my cat avatar is too androgynous, and needs to be updated. How about ol' B.T. You think he'd make a good one? :wink:

https://www.facebook.com/4StringFantasy

I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

-Galileo
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Ohhhh, I have heard of the comic strips Bloom County and Opus and Berkeley Breathed. But I am too impatient to read them. Okay, I just now read this one.

BrassBlower, I think your current avatar is just fine. The blue and white picture hardly looks like a cat. It looks like a strange doily. No offense meant.
Joseph E. Smith

Cynth wrote:Ohhhh, I have heard of the comic strips Bloom County and Opus and Berkeley Breathed.
Cynth, if you only read one comic strip in your entire life... you gotta read Bloom County.... oh and, if you are going to read only two strips in your entire life, make 'em Bloom County and Calvin and Hobbes... ummmm... if you only read THREE...three comic strips in your entire life...... :D
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Our chief weapon is surprise... surprise and fear... fear and surprise -- our TWO weapons are
fear, surprise and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless
efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope....