Greenwood

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
chrysophylax
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Greenwood

Post by chrysophylax »

Ok so i'm gonna go ahead and order a whistle set from davey. His whistles look top notch and I think the sound is what I'm looking for. He's seems like a good bloke and everyone here that has his whistles loves them. Agree?
What??
slowair
antispam: No

Post by slowair »

AGREED!!!
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Make sure you send a deposit, even if he doesn't ask for one. That's what confirms an order.
~JessieD
Wanderer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

http://www.greenwoodpipes.com/howtoorder.html
As stated above, a deposit of 50% of the asking price is required to secure a schedule opening.
This deposit is non-refundable except in such a case as I am unable to finish the work. Payment
of the balance is required, after notification of completion, for delivery.
Seems clear to me :)
This is actually better than when I originally bought my first whistle..I sent my entire payment in advance, as was his whistle policy at the time.
Unseen122
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

If I hadn't lost my job a set of his Pipes and a Whsitle would have been on my list but that is not going to happen any time soon.
Myrddin

Post by Myrddin »

My high D (blackwood/ silver) arrived on Saturday, and I love it!
Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher »

Wonderful whistle , wouldn't wait !! :lol:

Have a Great Day and Fun Whistling !
Coming to you live from "The Black Hole of Whistledom"
chrysophylax

Post by chrysophylax »

Hee hee, I'm all excited, I just sent my deposit. I asked about an Eb body too. Anyone know if this could be done?
What??
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Greenwood is a great choice for a high D whistle. I have bought two of them. Many months ago I sent a money order for a pre owned Greenwood and waited a very long time for it. The seller sent a trace on it but it could not be found. Then I sent a deposit for a new one, and it should be ready in the middle of July. So then the pre owned returned to the seller and he remailed it to me. It arrived here a few days ago. It is an excelent Whistle. I tweek most of my whistles but will not be able to tweek this perfect Greewood. I will tell you more about it after I have played it some more. That should be a great sound if I can get my fingers across both them at the same time.
''Whistles of Wood'', cpvc and brass. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69086
Whitmores75087

Post by Whitmores75087 »

As some of you know, Wanderer and I play in the same session every week. Some time ago he got a Greenwood. He showed it to me and I was very impressed. I sent in the $200 and got my whistle. It had a buzz on the high A and B. Wanderer, who knows whistles, agreed that there was a problem. Dave was appropriately responsive and took it back. That was a long time ago. Every week Wanderer would say "got your whistle yet?" "Nope". "Dang, you gotta contact him". When I finally contacted Dave he apologized for the long delay and promised me a whistle in 2 weeks. That was about 8 weeks ago and I'm still waiting. I have to admit that it "burned" me to read that some happy customer on this board just got his/her whistle in the mail.
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

I got my Greenwood whistle (blackwood) in a trade with another forumite, so I can't comment on Davey's customer service. The whistle I have, however, is excellent (though it hasn't usurped Busman as my favorite make of whistle).
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

I have several of his whistles and they are great!
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
Davey

Excuse me...

Post by Davey »

...Like Paul, I try not to join discussions that are "about me" or my instruments....but nevertheless...

...J.K. Take it to the PM or Email if you really feel the need to re-visit this
.... T.M. (Whitmores)

I'm sorry you feel burned, but the reason your whistle isn't back to you yet is because I had decided to make you an entirely new whistle as I wasn't happy with the retro-voicing to the fipple to eliminate the slight buzz you mentioned. I will NOT rush the settling process. You would NOT be pleased if I did. The customer you mentioned who received their whistle also had their own wait. That particular whistle had silver ferrules, and as such could not be "hijacked" and allocated to you.

If you note the time of my post (3:44 am) I am finally finishing off my correspondence after a long day in the shop. I'm terribly sorry my communication hasn't been better, but I have a lot of customers plus a life to live. This life includes three incredible children and a wife I have been married to now for exactly 10 years and 1 day.
Whitmores75087

Post by Whitmores75087 »

Dave, I agree with all you say. I don't want a rushed job either. Communications has been fine, no problem there. I've e-mailed you several times and you always responded. A resonable delay is one thing, but I did send that whistle to you in December, so it's been 6 months. I'd be happy to have a refund if you are swamped.
scotta

Post by scotta »

I feel I must jump in here. I got a whistle from Davey last winter, he said it would be 2 months, and it was 2 months. I corresponded with him several times about specs and he answered in a timely fashion. Based on my experience and other discussions on this board about customer service lead me to believe that unsatisfactory service and results are a rare exception when doing business with Davey. I'd buy another from him without hesitation.
Scott