Thanks, Phil Hardy, excellent work

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
StewySmoot
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Thanks, Phil Hardy, excellent work

Post by StewySmoot »

For the record...

I sent a sound clip of my NR Chieftain Low E to Mr. Phil Hardy to demonstrate a problem I was having with it, particularly in the upper register. I had given it what I felt was a thorough cleaning but that did not rectify the problem. It sounded as if I was blowing more air than sound.
He acknowledged that he heard what I was talking about and requested I sent it in for evaluation.
So some 2 weeks ago, I sent it in. Since he is overseas I expected him to receive it after, what, some 7 days?
He sent me an email about a week ago, said he had checked it, removed some "smarf" (sp?), and was returning it to me.
I received the whistle today.

It now sounds absolutely magnificent with the Trade-mark™ Kerry Whistle quality I have come to expect from each of his products. It is now one of those whistles that I cant put down. I plan to spend the rest of the evening enjoying the music that comes from it (whether my audience of 2 cats and 2 dogs will feel the same is another matter)

Only once before had I felt a need to send a whistle in to be checked, and I got less than satisfactory results from the maker.
It is extremely satisfying to feel comfortable playing any of Phil Hardy's Kerry Whistles and equally as important to know that the Phil responds to concerns quickly and professionally.
Thanks again, Phil, you are great to do business with!

(I wonder if he ran it thru the dishwasher AKA kdmartinky??)
Last edited by StewySmoot on Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<a href="http://www.whistletotheworld.com/" target="_blank"> Whistle to the World</a>
Helping underprivileged kids learn music via the Irish Whistle.
Jerry Freeman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Swarf?

Best wishes,
Jerry
OBrien

Post by OBrien »

Sticky Whistle Airway Restricting Fungus
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Well, yuck! :o Stewy, you should drip a little soapy solution through the mouthpiece each time you are finished playing. Or something.

But I'm glad it has been all fixed up. That is wonderful. :) I will note the good service you received.
StewySmoot

Post by StewySmoot »

Cynth wrote:Well, yuck! :o Stewy, you should drip a little soapy solution through the mouthpiece each time you are finished playing. Or something.

Thank you Cynth™ for noting the fact that my whistle-playing rivals The Elephant Man's musical prowess...

:)
<a href="http://www.whistletotheworld.com/" target="_blank"> Whistle to the World</a>
Bloomfield

Re: Thanks a lot, Mr. Phil Hardy, thanks a lot

Post by Bloomfield »

StewySmoot wrote: It now sounds absolutely magnificent with the Trade-mark™ Kerry Whistle quality I have come to expect from each of his products. It is now one of those whistles that I cant put down. ...
How in the world do you manage to type? :)
/Bloomfield
StewySmoot

Post by StewySmoot »

Bloomfield wrote:
StewySmoot wrote: It now sounds absolutely magnificent with the Trade-mark™ Kerry Whistle quality I have come to expect from each of his products. It is now one of those whistles that I cant put down. ...
How in the world do you manage to type? :)
Voice to text software, my friend. bosie two task sapphire...
KDMARTINKY

Post by KDMARTINKY »

Stewy Phil may have run it through the dishwasher....LOL :lol: I do agree that Phil is one of the best makers when it comes to customer services and backing his product.
Last edited by KDMARTINKY on Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keith

Bionn dha insint ar sceal agus leagon deag ar amhran
There are two versions of every story and twelve of every song
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

I jsut got one of his Low Fs and I love it.
River Otter

Post by River Otter »

I got a Chieftain High D last March and I love it. Not only is it beautifully crafted, the sound has rich, velvety quality that I love. Phil rules.
River Otter
Fortitudine Vincit
FJohnSharp
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

StewySmoot wrote: Voice to text software, my friend. bosie two task sapphire...
Now that was funny.
"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
(The people’s spirit is raised through culture)

Suburban Symphony
Henke

Post by Henke »

I'll second that Phil is one of the very best makers to deal with, not that I have any bad experience from any other maker, but Phil is simply a wonderful man to deal with.
Whitmores75087

Post by Whitmores75087 »

StewySmoot wrote:For the record...

It now sounds absolutely magnificent with the Trade-mark™ Kerry Whistle quality I have come to expect from each of his products.

It is extremely satisfying to feel comfortable playing any of Phil Hardy's Kerry Whistles and equally as important to know that the Phil responds to concerns quickly and professionally.
Thanks again, Phil, you are great to do business with!
This is not the first time I've read someone praising Phil and his work. Each time it sounds like a press release. Or is it just me?
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

Well, Wanderer did a pretty thorough review of Phil's whistles.

Maybe there's something to it.

M
Random notes

Post by Random notes »

Whitmores75087 wrote:This is not the first time I've read someone praising Phil and his work. Each time it sounds like a press release. Or is it just me?
It's just you.

It seems to me that nearly any maker can be praised for his craftsmanship or service and any instrument recommended by a third party without someone making a snarky comment unless the maker is Phil Hardy.

There is a extended brouhaha on another thread where Phil recommended a clip on his website of an outstanding performance on a Susato. The thread was even entitled "Buy a SUSATO..." and he got attacked for self-promotion. I do not understand why this should be.

Roger
Non omnes qui habemt citharam sunt citharoedi