MY SWEETHEART CAME....BUT !

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Les Cruttenden

MY SWEETHEART CAME....BUT !

Post by Les Cruttenden »

well, it came this morning...and what a whistle it is...the sweetheart pro laminate high D that is.....it really does look beautiful and plays really good....BUT......I don't like the gold label on it !!!!! I think it makes an otherwise classy looking whistle...it really is a beauty...look a bit off....the laminate alone would look better i think...but I'm terrified of trying to get it off in case it is so permanently stuck it damages the laminate...does anyone know...does it come off easily without damage to the whistle...I know it's only a matter of taste but it's the only bit of a smashing whistle I'm not keen on....Les.
slowair
antispam: No

Post by slowair »

Peel it off Les. It comes right off. I did the same thing.
Mike
KDMARTINKY
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by KDMARTINKY »

Les, I was wondering if the sweets still look a little like a recorder? They sound wonderful, but I just can't see myself (at least for now) buying one. I thinks its because of the stigma placed on a recorder...does this make sense?
Keith

Bionn dha insint ar sceal agus leagon deag ar amhran
There are two versions of every story and twelve of every song
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

I took the sticker off. I think the stickers are tacky (no pun intended). They come off fine.
~JessieD
Bloomfield
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Bloomfield »

KDMARTINKY wrote:Les, I was wondering if the sweets still look a little like a recorder? They sound wonderful, but I just can't see myself (at least for now) buying one. I thinks its because of the stigma placed on a recorder...does this make sense?
No. Recorder slagging is one thing; playing the whistle that sound right is another. And anyway the new Sweetheart Pros look as much like a recorder as a bouzouki looks like a sitar.
/Bloomfield
KDMARTINKY

Post by KDMARTINKY »

Oh, OK.....Bloomy I wasn't aware of that.....thanks.
Keith

Bionn dha insint ar sceal agus leagon deag ar amhran
There are two versions of every story and twelve of every song
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

Just put your fingernail under the edge and peel the sticker off..that's what I did :)

KDMARTINKY wrote:Les, I was wondering if the sweets still look a little like a recorder? They sound wonderful, but I just can't see myself (at least for now) buying one. I thinks its because of the stigma placed on a recorder...does this make sense?
sweetheart pro in laminate looks like this:

You can see closeups here:
http://www.tinwhistler.com/music/review ... /index.asp

recorders look like this:
Les Cruttenden

A RECORDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Les Cruttenden »

great answers...I will peel it off now......No ...it does not look like a recorder and it cetainly does not sound like a recorder...it looks like wood, really beautiful and it sounds very 'whistle' I love it...love it even better now I can peel the sticker off...thanks all Les.
Les Cruttenden

P S

Post by Les Cruttenden »

the picture of the whistle gives a good indication but in no way does it reflect the sheer beauty of this whistle...it gleems...Les.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

All's well that ends well. :)
alespa
Tell us something.: Music has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. Part of what I love about celtic/folk style music is the sound of a handful of handmade instruments that remind me of simpler times.

Post by alespa »

Hey Greg, I know where that recorder pic came from. Brad White's site right? There's a cool soundclip of an O'Riordan on there, and a cool tune with a Quena too . . .
There's no such thing as a stranger, just friends we have not yet met.
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

Man I gotta get me one of those Sweets.
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Re: P S

Post by Wanderer »

Les Cruttenden wrote:the picture of the whistle gives a good indication but in no way does it reflect the sheer beauty of this whistle...it gleems...Les.
Yup..the dymondwood has a really cool depth of character to the finish that I find impossible to desribe. Gleem is a good word though ;)
alespa wrote:Hey Greg, I know where that recorder pic came from. Brad White's site right? There's a cool soundclip of an O'Riordan on there, and a cool tune with a Quena too . . .
Yeah..but I didn't know that until just now..honestly, i just went to images.google.com and typed "recorder" and posted the first nice one I found ;)
trisha

Post by trisha »

Dependable session/gig whistle for when your timber whistles pack in and won't tune due to the humidity/temp. Of late, blackwood has been untuneable several times. Odd times weatherwise.

Trisha
waltsweet

Post by waltsweet »

Les and Friends,

If the whistle is Dymondwood laminate, peeling won't hurt a bit (the whistle or our feelings). You can even use a LITTLE bit of acetone (nailpolish remover) in case of shredding. Natural rosewood or blackwood is finished with tung oil: Do Not use acetone.

We're sorry you don't like the gold stickers, but we understand. New stickers have a clear field with white or black lettering. New blackwood whistles will be laser engraved. We regret that we're not set up for custom engraving.

Walt