McElvogue CD ???

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Byron
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

McElvogue CD ???

Post by Byron »

Hello Folks,

I was wondering if anyone has any news on Tom's CD. Have I miss the release or has it been delayed.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen any postings from Tom lately.

Thanks and Happy New Year.

Byron
meemtp

Post by meemtp »

Why not e-mail him and ask? He's pretty approachable. www.tommcelvogue.com
Corin
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

I'd be lining up for that CD ~ His track on WFO 2 is one of my favorites.

M
Byron

Post by Byron »

Whistlin'Dixie wrote:I'd be lining up for that CD ~ ...
M

I agree. My post was just to make sure the line hadn't formed already.

As for e-mailing, I think I'll hold off -- I'd hate to disturb a artist at work just to satisfy my curiosity.

Byron
mcelvogue

Post by mcelvogue »

Hi, sorry for not catching things recently. A few delays on the post-production side allied with financial and day-job business have meant that the release date is being pushed out. I am due to get the CD out within the next few months. Apologies for the delays and thanks for the kind words.
Byron

Post by Byron »

Tom
Thanks for the update.
Be sure you let us know when its ready so we can snatch it up.

Byron
mcelvogue

Post by mcelvogue »

I will post an update to the boards when the CD is available. Thanks for you patience.

Regards,
Tom McElvogue
michael_coleman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play the first flute Jon Cochran ever made but haven't been very active on the board the last 9-10 years. Life happens I guess...I owned a keyed M&E flute for a while and I kind of miss it.

Post by michael_coleman »

Its been a number of months since this thread was active and I expected the cd to come out by now for sure, anybody have word?
Bretton
Tell us something.: I've been playing whistle for a very long time, but never seem to get any better than I was about 10 years ago. I'm okay with that. :)

Post by Bretton »

You can get quite a few nice tune recordings from his Web site while you wait...great stuff (nice photographs too).

http://www.tommcelvogue.com/music/OutTakes.html

-Brett
radcliff
Tell us something.: in two words, Rudall & Rose. but since a minimum of 100 characters is required, I should list a number of makers I found extremely interesting… I don't even know how much are 100 characters...

Post by radcliff »

hey Tom, if you want we could buy some pre production cds, it seems that we are a number of pepole looking for your record so--- : )

Frank
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

Interesting idea, Frank; sort of like subscription or pre-order.

Maybe Tom could post the finished tunes on his site under a buyer-selected password and prepayers could ftp the tracks?

Hmmm ... that might put together enough money for the pressing and booklet printing, etc.!

But yeah, I'm looking forward to Tom's CD, too!
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
michael_coleman
Tell us something.: I play the first flute Jon Cochran ever made but haven't been very active on the board the last 9-10 years. Life happens I guess...I owned a keyed M&E flute for a while and I kind of miss it.

Bretton wrote:You can get quite a few nice tune recordings from his Web site while you wait...great stuff (nice photographs too).

http://www.tommcelvogue.com/music/OutTakes.html

-Brett
Yep I've got all of them already and plugging away at learning his tunes. The cd would be nice to listen to in the ol' coche.
mcelvogue

Post by mcelvogue »

Sorry for yet more delays. I've been absolutely stuffed at work and really finding it hard to get the time to mix. I'm trying to get the CD done and launched before October 1st as that is when I'm getting married! I will try and update the website and keep this thread updated.

Thanks for the interest everyone.
michael_coleman

mcelvogue wrote:Sorry for yet more delays. I've been absolutely stuffed at work and really finding it hard to get the time to mix. I'm trying to get the CD done and launched before October 1st as that is when I'm getting married! I will try and update the website and keep this thread updated.

Thanks for the interest everyone.
Congrats!! I myself am getting married in about two weeks. Proposed in Port Meadow right next to the Thames. I hope planning a wedding and releasing a cd on top of work won't be too stressful. :boggle: :boggle:
michael_coleman

Any word on Tom's cd? I've learned quite a few of his tunes in the last 2 years and it would be nice to hear him with some accompaniment. I've squeezed every last drop out of those mp3's on his website.