For you limerick lovers..you know who you are ..OEDILF

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
scottielvr
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by scottielvr »

emmline wrote:OSSOARUR. Clearly an acronym. And so easy to pronounce.
Thank you, Emm; you are a gentlewoman. OSSOARUR does, indeed, make a fine acronym, forrard or back'ard (as does "OOPS"); but I think I need to swear off playing around on the chiffboard when I'm working--especially when my work keeps me knee-deep in both acronyms and abbreviations.

More important: If considering such matters gives Bloo "a certain tingly delight," don't you agree that he rather desperately needs to get out more?
:wink:
jsluder
antispam: No

Post by jsluder »

scottielvr wrote:More important: If considering such matters gives Bloo "a certain tingly delight," don't you agree that he rather desperately needs to get out more?
I thought his post count already made that point quite clearly. :lol:
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

jsluder wrote:
scottielvr wrote:More important: If considering such matters gives Bloo "a certain tingly delight," don't you agree that he rather desperately needs to get out more?
Hehe. It does indeed. But I'm the DORD; the core of my mission is the tedious, verbose pointing out of self-evident truths.
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

scottielvr wrote:
jsluder wrote:
Hehe. It does indeed. But I'm the DORD; the core of my mission is the tedious, verbose pointing out of self-evident truths.
Like Sigourney Weaver's character in "Galaxy Quest"? Her job was to ask the computer questions, then repeat its answers for the rest of the crew (even though the computer gave its answers out loud for everyone to hear). :wink:
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

scottielvr wrote:
jsluder wrote:
Interestingly enough --if you'll permit the aside-- dord is also the Irish for "drone". How oddly a propos, don't you think?

And now, we return to your regularly scheduled programming.
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

Nanohedron wrote:Interestingly enough --if you'll permit the aside-- dord is also the Irish for "drone". How oddly a propos, don't you think?
Oddly, yes. I'm returning my attention, such as it is, to work--where droning is tolerated, solecisms go unnoticed, and verbosity is rewarded.
Bloomfield
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Bloomfield »

jsluder wrote:
I would like to get out more; but Mother won't allow it.
/Bloomfield
emmline

Post by emmline »

Bloomfield wrote: I would like to get out more; but Mother won't allow it.
I understand OSSOARUR is recruiting new members. Perhaps your mother would be interested?
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

emmline wrote:
Bloomfield wrote: I would like to get out more; but Mother won't allow it.
I understand OSSOARUR is recruiting new members. Perhaps your mother would be interested?
It seems an excellent idea; but with her son already a member, the Committee for Membership Oversight Review Panel would probably reject her application on grounds of Blooplication.
perrins57

Post by perrins57 »

For Emmline the battle was won
The only challenger done
But what if in time
A new form of rhyme
Would ensure continuing fun?
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

(Name's Mark btw)