GIVING IN TO TEMPTATION.!!!!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Les Cruttenden

GIVING IN TO TEMPTATION.!!!!

Post by Les Cruttenden »

Well....today i lost the battle...for so long i have resisted the temptation to buy another whistle...a specific whistle has been on my mind for a long time....but i am a mature, retired chap , living on a meagre pension with a wife to support !! plenty of backbone, real determination strength of character and will power......all of which went out of the proverbial window this morning when much against my will i found myself on the phone to 'Big Whistle' ordering a 'professional sweetheart laminate high D' I'm advised it will arrive tomorrow and as usual i will go through a period of regret for giving in to temptation...frantic budget checking to see if we can afforf to eat until pension day...then i sghall get into the garage and play for as long as i am able.....Les.
Henke
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Henke »

Good for you old boy. Hope the whistle is perfect in every way, and I'm sure it will be.
Feadin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Feadin »

Congratulations for your new whistle!
And don't feel bad, after all the meaning of life is to live it, just that, there's nothing else we are supposed to do, but whatever it take us to be happy, and to let that happiness irradiate all around us :)
No one can tell us how much time we have left, so come on, enjoy your time here in life and keep whistling ;)
Cristian Feldman
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

See, but you'll be a rising star in whistledom, it's an investment in the future! ;)

Or at least an investment in an enjoyable retirement!

Hope you enjoy the new whistle.

--Chris
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Enjoy it Les! Wait a minute; somebody got a new high end whistle....I have to get one too....yeah, yeah...

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher »

Good for you , Les ! Hope you have a wonderful time with your new "friend". God often grants the greatest reward and pleasure from very simple things. Enjoy !! :) As always .......

Have a Great Day and Fun Whistling !!
Coming to you live from "The Black Hole of Whistledom"
Whistling Willie
Tell us something.: I love whistling and I have been a member of this forum for many years now.I have found it very informative and helpful over the years that I have been here.

Post by Whistling Willie »

I've just done the same thing and bought a Chieftain NR Mezzo Bb :D
"Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated"
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

I just got my Cheiftan Low F today in the mail so don't think you are just one of a few.
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Congratulations!

I almost bid on a sweetheart pro on ebay but a recent purchase of several Overtons and trying to order a Bleazey Irish flute kinda put me off of it.

I was really tempted though. :P
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
springrobin
Tell us something.: I play flute, whistle and harp and have been a member on this board for many years. I have tended to be a lurker recently and just posted a response for the first time in quite awhile.

Post by springrobin »

Les - I think you will like the Dymondwood whistle. My first Sweetheart was a rosewood D given to me several years ago by my m-in-law before I knew much about whistling. A rosewood fife and flute soon followed it home and they've all been well-loved. Just recently, I bought a Dymondwood D from Elderly's and took it to class with some other whistles so fellow students could try different instruments. I didn't tell them which was newest or most expensive because I wanted to know if any one stood out. The Dymondwood was NOT the most expensive but received the most compliments. Enjoy yours!

Robin
dfernandez77
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Post by dfernandez77 »

Les,

Like many people, I've lived both "high on hog" and on the "bottom rung of the ladder." I've decided, high or low - even if your just sitting comfy on the bottom rung - a fistful of joy beats a pocketful of cash in every meaningful way.

Sounds like you've got enough joy to fill both hands and a happy heart coming.

Enjoy,
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

You're going to love it. I've had mine for a little over a year, and it's a great whistle and a good friend.

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!