True story.

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Wombat
antispam: No

Post by Wombat »

Cynth wrote:
There are many types of animal, many types of person and many types of furry. Some furry lifestylers are art fans who choose to wear a collar when with other furries. When furries get together many modes of behavior emerge. Most furries will think nothing if others sit in a big pile to watch a video, leading each other around on leashes, and grooming each other! It varies how much an individual fur engages in this behavior, there are timid furs as well.
This is from the website jsluder posted just above.

Well, I guess I am a timid fur, having no desire to wear a collar, be led around on a leash or to groom other people---geez! Okay, to each his own but WHAT THE **** NEXT??? :o :boggle:
Never, NEVER, will you see a wombat being led around on a leash with a collar. We have our kinks, but bondage isnt one of them.
OutOfBreath
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by OutOfBreath »

Gee, if I'd ruined someone's clothing through an ill-mannered stunt like that my mother wouldn't have been laughing - and she probably would have given a piece of her mind to anyone who'd tried to reward me for such misbehavior!

I have to wonder if it would have been as funny if it were your clothing that were stained while you were perhaps on your way to an important engagement... :roll:
John
-------
The Internet is wonderful. Surely there have always been thousands of people deeply concerned about my sex life and the quality of my septic tank but before the Internet I never heard from any of them.
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Ye had to be there really ...

Slan,
D. :wink:
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

The kid in this story is grown and married now, but his parents still tell this one on him:

When Carson was about 6 years old, he was really into cop shows and Rambo. One day, his dad came home after a long, hard day at work, and was heading upstairs to bed. Suddenly, Carson, in full Rambo costume and wielding a toy machine gun, jumped out of the shadows at the top of the stairs and yelled, "FREEZE ASSHOLE!"
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

OutOfBreath wrote:Gee, if I'd ruined someone's clothing through an ill-mannered stunt like that my mother wouldn't have been laughing - and she probably would have given a piece of her mind to anyone who'd tried to reward me for such misbehavior!

I have to wonder if it would have been as funny if it were your clothing that were stained while you were perhaps on your way to an important engagement... :roll:
Didn't Confucious have something to say about those who wear clean, all-white, attention seeking clothing being risk takers who deserve what they get? Didn't he warn about visits to fruit markets on the way to that 'important' engagement? I think you'll find that he did. If it wasn't Confucious it was probably Kant.
Jeferson
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jeferson »

Confucious had a sense of humour. :)
jGilder

Post by jGilder »

"So if you're out tonight, don't forget, if you're on your bike... Wear white... Evening all..." - Mick Jagger, Something happened to me yesterday, Between the Buttons
Lambchop

Re: True story.

Post by Lambchop »

jsluder wrote:
Lambchop wrote:Lambchop had to think about this a minute . . . and was worried . . . until she remembered that she's fleecy . . . not furry.
Heh. Now we know who to blame the next time someone on the board gets fleeced. :wink:

:really:
jsluder

Re: True story.

Post by jsluder »

Lambchop wrote:
jsluder wrote:
Lambchop wrote:Lambchop had to think about this a minute . . . and was worried . . . until she remembered that she's fleecy . . . not furry.
Heh. Now we know who to blame the next time someone on the board gets fleeced. :wink:

:really:
Bah.

(And humbug, too.)

:)
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Sunday dinner. I was 13yrs old. I sat at the corner of the table next to my dad who was at the end on my left. He was wearing a white dress shirt. I tipped a bottle of soy sauce over my plate; the kind with the small nozzle-like hole at the top. As I rotated the bottle, the soy sauce shot to the top of the bottle and onward to my dad's white shirt. My heart stopped. Things went downhill from there. (You had to know my dad.)

My kids love me to tell it nowadays. We reenact the terror-stricken look on my face.
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
perrins57

Post by perrins57 »

dubhlinn, did it not occur to you to help the lady out? OK so it would have been a lot less funny, but you might have had a beautiful blond girlfriend! Now you must go home alone with just you sense of humour to keep you entertained.
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

(Name's Mark btw)
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

perrins57 wrote:you might have had a beautiful blond girlfriend
Yeah Dubh, what made you change from your usual routine of having beautiful blondes throw themselves at you all the time?
(Ah D, we can dream, we can dream.) :D
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

perrins57 wrote:dubhlinn, did it not occur to you to help the lady out? OK so it would have been a lot less funny, but you might have had a beautiful blond girlfriend!
I'm not sure if "she who takes no s**t" would appreciate that one! :lol:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
perrins57

Post by perrins57 »

Do you mean Queen Victoria

"we are not amused"?
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

(Name's Mark btw)
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

jbarter wrote:
perrins57 wrote:you might have had a beautiful blond girlfriend
Yeah Dubh, what made you change from your usual routine of having beautiful blondes throw themselves at you all the time?

:D
Age....Baldness...Mrs D.......The inevitable contempt that comes with familiarity....to mention but a few.

D. 8)
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats