Flogging Molly!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Henke
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Flogging Molly!

Post by Henke »

Just came home from the Hultsfred festival here in Sweden. We had a wonderful time. Saw Flogging Molly live at thursday, wow, speechless. They were amazing. We were dancing the whole show trough, great band.
MarcusR
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1
Location: I stay in a place called 'Rooms'... There's a whole chain of them.

Post by MarcusR »

Sounds great!

But what I really, really would like to know is how was Nine Inch Nails? :twisted:

Cheers!

/MarcusR
There is no such thing as tailwind -- it's either against you or you're simply having great legs!
Joseph E. Smith

Re: Flogging Molly!

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Henke wrote:Just came home from the Hultsfred festival here in Sweden. We had a wonderful time. Saw Flogging Molly live at thursday, wow, speechless. They were amazing. We were dancing the whole show trough, great band.
Floggin Molly are brilliant!!!
kevin m.

Post by kevin m. »

I'm off to see them tomorrow night in Newcastle. :)
"I blame it on those Lead Fipples y'know."
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

I saw them two years ago (almost to the day I think it was June 20th 2003) they were great.
Wormdiet

Post by Wormdiet »

Bah.

There are the Pogues.

And then all the pretenders.
OOOXXO
Doing it backwards since 2005.
emmline

Post by emmline »

And then there are The Proclaimers.
Henke

Post by Henke »

MarcusR wrote:Sounds great!

But what I really, really would like to know is how was Nine Inch Nails? :twisted:

Cheers!

/MarcusR
Hehe, didn't see them acctually. I was probably back at my tent drinking beer when they played. Saw lots of other good bands though. Marilyn Manson was cool, Millencolin were fun, System of a Down had good music but were boring on stage, The Hives were kind of good as well.
The best band by far was FM, but there was also a Swedish Ska band called USCB Allstars and they were brilliant as well, I'd rate them as second best.
kevin m.

Post by kevin m. »

I saw 'The Hives' about six weeks ago-they put on a brilliant show- 60's 'Garage Rock'/punk sort of Iggy Pop style (actually very stylish stuff-loved the suits and ties image!).
Just got back from 'Flogging Molly'.
I can certainly see the Pogues comparisons,but it was a night of entertainment-now back to the 'PureDrop'. :D
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

My favorite Irish punk band is Neck, by far. I just wish their new CD was available in the US.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
Henke

Post by Henke »

kevin m. wrote:I saw 'The Hives' about six weeks ago-they put on a brilliant show- 60's 'Garage Rock'/punk sort of Iggy Pop style (actually very stylish stuff-loved the suits and ties image!).
I can certainly see the Pogues comparisons,but it was a night of entertainment-now back to the 'PureDrop'. :D
You're from the UK, of course you'd like the Hives :roll: :D Theire made for the UK market. Seriously, they're kind of good, but I don't think there's anything new or exciting about their music. (say's a folk musician :lol: )
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Wormdiet wrote:Bah.

There are the Pogues.

While I agree the Pogues (w/Shane) are great and at the top of my list, there is room enough within this musical genre for groups other than the Pogues (or Popes).
Father Emmet

Post by Father Emmet »

Wormdiet wrote: There are the Pogues.

With all the Pogues reunion concerts in the last couple of years it would be great to have a new album from them.
I have been listening to "Rum, Sodomy and the Lash" lately, after not having heard it for a few years. Anyone know what pitch Tommy Keane's pipes are? C?
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

I love the sound of Tommy's Pipes.
kevin m.

Post by kevin m. »

Henke wrote:
kevin m. wrote:I saw 'The Hives' about six weeks ago-they put on a brilliant show- 60's 'Garage Rock'/punk sort of Iggy Pop style (actually very stylish stuff-loved the suits and ties image!).
You're from the UK, of course you'd like the Hives :roll: :D Theire made for the UK market. Seriously, they're kind of good, but I don't think there's anything new or exciting about their music. (say's a folk musician :lol: )
Well they've got more cred than ABBA :D
quick edit -Yes you're right about them being nothing new-as I said, it's just a re-run of 60's 'garage rock',as opposed to this sh*t called 'Garage' these days.
My name Is Kevin,I'm 47,and a grumpy old man. :lol: