It's Sickening II

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Aodhan
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Aodhan »

I'm getting a "Database connection" error when attempting to access the last page.

Is this a temporary problem, or have we reached the max number of posts for a thread? There are some forum packages that have a max posts/thread, don't know the specifics of this board.

Anyway, what WAS the new title, anyway? :wink:

Aodhan
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Post by Walden »

I have the same problem most of the time.

It was briefly changed to "It's Not So Sickening."
Reasonable person
Walden
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

I'm NOT responsible for the database error. Rich would probably know, but I have a feeling it did max out.

Dale
dlambert

Post by dlambert »

please stop posting to any thread with "it's sickening" in it. i think we have all had enough of seeing the heading day in and day out. i am tired of ignoring it on a daily basis. PLEASE STOP THIS!
Mastersound

Post by Mastersound »

No! :smile:

Just try to remember to ignore this thread.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mastersound on 2002-05-28 21:28 ]</font>
CDon

Post by CDon »

On 2002-05-28 13:44, Aodhan wrote:
I'm getting a "Database connection" error when attempting to access the last page.
Blessings do come in strange disguises, don't they?
garycrosby

Post by garycrosby »

On 2002-05-28 22:22, CDon wrote:
On 2002-05-28 13:44, Aodhan wrote:
Blessings do come in strange disguises, don't they?
Sorry dudes, it's just a little glitch. You can still click page 39 and it works fine :smile:
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Post by Walden »

Usually it works to go the page before last.
Reasonable person
Walden
rossmpfc13

Post by rossmpfc13 »

Hey, guys, sorry about this, but I'm fairly new to this particular board, and could someone just fill me in on what happeded that's so sickening?
Thanks
-Ross
PS-If it's long, it's probably better if you just email me.
garycrosby

Post by garycrosby »

rossmpfc13, its quite an interesting thread actually but I think you have to read all of it to truly appreciate its genius :smile:
Aodhan

Post by Aodhan »

Ross, I'm just as new, and I had to read the whole thread to even kind of understand it. (I think THAT is what is sickening about it now...)

Just one of those continually evolving, free form, is everyone high on something kind of message threads...

Aodhan
cerrabus

Post by cerrabus »

Isn't this thread dead yet?...opps I guess not.
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

BRIEF SYNOPSIS:

The thread started as a whiny complaint, and devolved to bickering. About 14 pages later the bickering really had faded, and became a very general free form laugh-a-thon. Then of course someone had to complain about the length of the thread, and the fact that it no longer had anything to do with the topic. Debates started about whether it should be shut down, and people got alternately whiny about being told by other C&F denizens where they should or shouldn't post. Andrea Corrs cheekbones became an issue. It was an ongoing coffee klatch for those who followed it, but a number of us only stopped in every 10 pages or so to see whatever the current topic might have been. THEN the stop-the-thread people got reinvolved and pretty much were booed out of the theater.

Ferdalubapeet. . .if you like free form discussions, the sickening threads are there for your enjoyment. If you DON'T like them, DON'T READ THEM, DON'T POST TO THEM AND DON'T WORRY ABOUT THEM. They are NOT chasing anyone away from C&F (look at the number of people who have joined since the initial tantrums became public! and those newbies are not old hands and part and parcel of this community. They survived It's Sickening, and now understand whole bunches of history about us.) They are NOT interfering with the board's existence. Consider them the section of the paper that you don't read. SKIP IT. Whoopee.

Or geez, are you one of the people who write to the editorial section of your local paper complaining about the space wasted on the editorial section of the local paper?
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
cerrabus

Post by cerrabus »

It really amazes me how upset some people can get on mesage boards. The post was really a kind of joke about the length and not a dig about freeform discussion. Come on life is too short to be upset about trivial things like this. Peace.
Aodhan

Post by Aodhan »

On 2002-05-30 13:32, tyghress wrote:
BRIEF SYNOPSIS:
they should or shouldn't post. Andrea Corrs cheekbones became an issue. It was an ongoing coffee klatch for those who followed it, but a number of us only stopped in every 10 pages or so to see whatever the current
Damn...I started skipping a little in the middle...are you telling me I missed out on AC's cheek bones? Grrrr...now I have to go peruse the middle again.

Good thing I have a job, otherwise this whole whistle thing might become an obsession.

Aodhan