Weekender strike on Massachussetts

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
The Weekenders
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Weekender strike on Massachussetts

Post by The Weekenders »

The Weekender entourage will occupy Cape Cod this Saturday through the following Sunday. Beachhead will be established in Brewster.
No computer access for that period so I fully expect to come home to a full-scale attack on good ol Mericun values on the Chiffboard.

Chiffers who wanta meet or whistle, contact me here before Friday. Big house, good for playin'. Bringing whistle but no geetar so other Weekender can only chord slave if one is provided. Perhaps I will finally meet Feadan.

I am pretty sure there is a session nearby on Saturday nights hosted by Bill Blackburn, right?
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
avanutria
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Missed you by a couple of weeks and about eighty miles. Enjoy Massachusetts! Hopefully you'll have good weather. We got a Nor'easter. :D
Feadan

Re: Weekender strike on Massachussetts

Post by Feadan »

The Weekenders wrote:Perhaps I will finally meet Feadan.
But, alas, I'm not on Cape Cod anymore. I've moved to Cape Ann (Gloucester).

Cheers,
David
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Aha! Must be a conspiracy. Heck I don't even know where Cape Ann is... Oh well...do you know the name of that place that has the session?
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Is Brewster anywhere near Brewskies :D

MakrB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Most certainly when I visit, Mark!!!
Jack

Post by Jack »

Have fun! Marry Bloomfield while you're there! :)
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Got it wrong Cranberry, Bloomfield is going to be merry while he is there!

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Jack

Post by Jack »

Are you sure he isn't Mary?
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

He no longer accepts my calls after one bilious rant too many. Anyhoo, he is pretty far away, on the western side of the state in Groovy Pioneer Valley.

BTW, I will be seeing cranberry bogs. My younger son is lookin forward to finding snakes, playing his saxophone and the bigger one is bringing two skateboards. Between the sax and my whistles and the longboard, I expect the same crank neighbor to threaten to call the police like she did last time.

With the recent bad news about the red tide, our hopes for way-cheaper-than-Calaforny clams and chowder may be dashed. But lobster is still cheaper than here and not affected, we hear. My older boy is one of those Guiness type eaters. His name is on a plaque in Sedona for eating some gargantuan hamburger. He's only 15, but at 6'1", he has at least two hollow legs.

Something to look forward to. it's been so long that I traveled that I find myself freaked out about the trip (flying, packing, you-name-it). A bad sign, but when I get there, it will be better.

This is me last time I was there (right before the phone call). I doubt if link works, but what the heck:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lancebees ... m=e493.jpg
Jack

Post by Jack »

I was under the impression that MA was a small state. I've never been there, though. Hmmph. Oh well. Have fun anyway! :)
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Cranberry wrote:I was under the impression that MA was a small state. I've never been there, though. Hmmph. Oh well. Have fun anyway! :)
Compared to Californy, it is. But the population is high enough and the roads circuitous enough that you can't blast from here to there quickly.

Since this is my boys only trip to the Northeast, I may do some driving for their sake. Mebbe Rhode Island, over to Mystic Conn. etc. Definitely to Plimouth Plantation. We might go to Sturbridge village, a very cool place. THey just used it on that Spielberg western on the teevee now. It was supposedly Indiana.

PS. I called Bloo last time I was out there. Very cordial.
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

The Weekenders wrote:
Shhhhh. My reputation. :o
/Bloomfield
spittin_in_the_wind

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

If you plan on swinging through Central MA, let me know!!

Robin
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

The Weekenders wrote:
Cranberry wrote:Since this is my boys only trip to the Northeast, I may do some driving for their sake. Mebbe Rhode Island, over to Mystic Conn. etc. Definitely to Plimouth Plantation. We might go to Sturbridge village, a very cool place. THey just used it on that Spielberg western on the teevee now. It was supposedly Indiana.

Boston is a terrific city too. Park in the outskirts and take the excellent public transit, as driving and parking is tough there. Lots of great things for the whole family to see and do.
Make sure you see some of the National Seashore beaches-- the water is cold, but the waves can be spectacular and the sand dunes are really beautiful.
Liam's at Nauset Beach has the best onion rings on the face of the planet-- whisper thin and amazingly good. Their fried clams are wonderful too, but you probably won't get them this time around :(
Provincetown is a real trip, and a whale watch from there is a lot of fun.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!