Farewell, Weasel...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
WeaselMaid

Farewell, Weasel...

Post by WeaselMaid »

This is Bree, Glenn's daughter. Thank you all, so much, for the kind words and support... the waters are brackish, and we know not what critters and foes lie beneath what we can see.

Briefly - his book can be purchased at "1st Books.com" and look for the Verser's Curse. Not for the faint of heart. TWW will rise again, and we've formed a collective, who believe we are man (or soman) enough to aspire to his greatness. Have a look-see at his website in the next few months for new developments. There is also some remaining stock that folks can have, and Da would love for them to find homes.

I'm off to the funeral home to share and celebrate the King of the Gypsies. Have a dram or a hug for us - and cherish those you love, for the more often "I love you" is said, the better the world becomes.

- WeaselMaid
chas
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

Thanks for checking in with us, Bree; we're thinking about you and yours.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
emmline

Post by emmline »

That was a great post. Thanks.
IDAwHOa
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Looking forward to more from the World of the Weasels and posts from you.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
anniemcu
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Hmmm...

Well met...
... a winged waver of watery ripples ... weaselling ... weaving through the westering winds... whistling wonderful words in well-earned wisdom and winking as we wait, wondering what he now knows that we can only wistfully wish we knew (and no doubt argue about through thread after thread, pretending we already do)... knowing that we will one day wander those same winding ways and when we do, we'll find him, and others that we've missed and wept for... welcoming us with wide open arms and wizened ways to lead us in wending our own... whistling a new tune that will seem oh so familiar when we hear it winding it's way into our wits with a liquid melody.

Well Met! Well met indeed. Will mist our eyes for a time... will meet again in time... sometime... when time becomes something wilder and less worrisome and weathers the winding down of all clocks and rings out free for all who seek where it holds no hold... where age is ageless and breath never fails. Well met again... we'll meet again... We'll whistle up a storm and watch with joyful eyes those whom we've left ... but not yet ...

Well met!

Good flight to you Glenn!

EDITED to add: Bree, you are another gift he's given us... glad you are going to continue his work. :)
Last edited by anniemcu on Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Dave Parkhurst
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dave Parkhurst »

His praise was always very, very high for you, Bree. You have a wonderful legacy left to you, if a somewhat unusual one.
Hugs,
Dave
Jack

Post by Jack »

What they said. :)
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

Hey Bree-- nice to see you here.
Your Dad would be proud that you're planning on keeping TW up and running. If there's anything I can do to help, please ask. Least I can do to repay my debt to Glenn...
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Bree, It is very joyful, that you have appeared here.
Can be sure, all here will be glad to help you. :)
Happy whistling!
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Yes, Bree, what everyone said. Thank you for coming to visit us.
Doc Jones

Post by Doc Jones »

The Weasel will live forever in our hearts and tunes.

I look forward to our next meeting Glenn, save me a seat at the session.

Patrick

or as Glenn would have it; Paddy, Padraig, or PeeJay
:) Doc's Book

Want to learn about medicinal herbs?
Doc's Website

Want to become a Clinical Herbalist? Doc's Herb School
alespa
Tell us something.: Music has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. Part of what I love about celtic/folk style music is the sound of a handful of handmade instruments that remind me of simpler times.

Post by alespa »

Bree, I'm glad to see you here, and I, as well, hope to "see" you around on the forum. Keep us posted!
There's no such thing as a stranger, just friends we have not yet met.
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

My condolences to you and your family, Bree. My Water Weasel is one of my favorite whistles, and now I will think of your father and his legacy whenever I play it. Thank you for posting.
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Roger O'Keeffe

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

Heartfelt condolences, and thanks for dropping by here in your time of sorrow, Bree. I never had any contact with Glenn, knowing him only by repute as one of the popular friends of this great community. Hope he didn't have too hard a time in his last days and weeks - my own Dad was a smoker from his early teens, and the tobacco killed him slowly but surely. Cancer isn't the only way it gets you.

Given my nom de plume which means "the musical plumber", I had always thought it would be nice to have an authentic, original water weasel, but never got around to ordering one because of all the hassle with customs, not using PayPal etc. But if you could put one by for me I'd like to place an order as a keepsake that would be a reminder of all the fun C&F has given us all. Otherwise I'll just have to wait for the great session in the sky.
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
chas

Post by chas »

Does anyone know if Glenn had a favorite charity? I'm sure some of us would like to make contributions.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.