Summer Northern Calif Chiff Gathering

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
JohnPalmer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by JohnPalmer »

Is it Tony's lesson session, or Tony's session lesson? Try saying that three times fast—or Lexington Kentucky.

JP
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

I've done my best thinking and planning on this thing while on mountain bike rides up in the hills. I may have to bring you all up there on bikes so I can remember what I was going to present. (Hope you're not allergic to poison oak. It's absolutely lush this year after all the rain we've had.)

Remember: show up at noon for the lesson (blathering idiot ) session. My first goal is to not confuse myself. My second is to not confuse you. Oh dear.
The party/session/whoa-lust thing starts at 2pm. (For anyone coming for the first time, we lay out all our whistles on a big dining room table and everyone tries them all out. We all go home with the same viruses. Get your vaccinations in order. :lol: )
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
BoneQuint

Post by BoneQuint »

TonyHiggins wrote: We all go home with the same viruses. Get your vaccinations in order. :lol:
I find washing my mouth out with an antiseptic solution (such as poteen) after trying each whistle seems to kill the germs. I don't remember how many whistles I tried last time, but it must have been a lot.
IDAwHOa
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

JohnPalmer wrote:Is it Tony's lesson session, or Tony's session lesson? Try saying that three times fast—or Lexington Kentucky.

JP
And for those of you that consider yourselfs cunning, linguistic experts, try holding the tip of your tongue while doing it!!!
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

bump. Yeah, we could do a bike ride too but then everybody would be all sweaty and want to go home. It's up and down.

Anyway, bump and come to our party and meet these fabulous Norcal celebrities of whistle ownership.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Kar

Post by Kar »

So, how late can we expect this thing to go? I was planning on coming late afternoonish but it may be more eveningish. I know, it's vague but that's me!

By the way, I have a few whistles I was thinking of getting rid of (it's all about the fiddle & uke these days) but oddly, I lost my MOST USEFUL whistle, the Dixon Hi D. If anyone has an extra (tuneable) one, and wants to maybe trade it with me for something, that would be SWELL!
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

So, how late can we expect this thing to go?
Till Limuhead's wife drags him out by his ear. Last time we went till 11pm. My mom said she didn't mind, and I sure didn't mind. So, yeah, show up either afternoonish or eveningish and that should be fineish.
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
stiofan
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been a C&Fer since 2003. Currently playing wooden flute & (mainly low) whistles, along with the bowed dulcimer.

Post by stiofan »

Anyone from the city driving over to Tony's who could offer me a ride? (my auto is outo commission at the moment, but I'd be glad to cover petrol expenses for anyone who can provide carpool assistance) Or is there anyone who might be able to transport me to Tony's from the BART station? (I'd be glad to cover Guinness expenses...) I was hoping to go over relatively early, as I have another social affair later in the evening, but I'd like to join y'all for awhile if I can find a way over the bridge...
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

bump.

Tony, bring the Breathnach back to party, in case you didn't get PM. Other Weekender now wants to know about suantrai, goltrai, icecubetrais etc etc etc.
Dave Parkhurst

Post by Dave Parkhurst »

That's the only problem with sharing whistles...all those necessary vaccinations first. And with serious whistle players, the intimate act is handling someone else's whistle, not exchanging the pint of spit that's inside of it. Heck, we Highland Pipe players just give our mouths a healthy rinse with Airtight Bag Seasoning between plays and all is well...until it hits the old gastrointestinal tract the next day.
ick..... :boggle:
Dave
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

BoneQuint wrote:
TonyHiggins wrote: We all go home with the same viruses. Get your vaccinations in order. :lol:
I find washing my mouth out with an antiseptic solution (such as poteen) after trying each whistle seems to kill the germs. I don't remember how many whistles I tried last time, but it must have been a lot.
Too much of that poitín will kill you surer than the germs, a chara (I don't think I've ever before drunk something that tastes so much like dry erase markers smell!). Jameson's is the ticket...kills the germs, but won't kill you! :lol:

Darn...really wish I could make this one. :sniffle:

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Tony, bring the Breathnach back to party, in case you didn't get PM.
What is this Breathnach of which you speak? And, I didn't get a PM from you.
(I don't think I've ever before drunk something that tastes so much like dry erase markers smell)
It's an acquired taste. Once you have it, there's no going back. :party:
Tony
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

TonyHiggins wrote:
Tony, bring the Breathnach back to party, in case you didn't get PM.
What is this Breathnach of which you speak? And, I didn't get a PM from you.
(I don't think I've ever before drunk something that tastes so much like dry erase markers smell)
It's an acquired taste. Once you have it, there's no going back. :party:
Tony
its the book I lent to you by Brendan Breathnach "Folks Songs and Dances of Ireland." Mebbe still in yer car from trip to SJ.

Thinking of bringin' fruit salad with pineapples and mebbe somethin on skewers for the q.
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

How embarrassing. That book. No, it's not in my car. It's in my room. I'll have it at the gathering. Yes, bring fruit salad and whatever for the q. Looks like the weather is clearing up nicely. Should be great outside in the yard. (We even mowed the grass/weeds last Sat.)
Tony
JohnPalmer

Post by JohnPalmer »

Just want to clarify what we should be bringing to eat: A dish to share, meat if you want, and drinks? There will be a BBQ?

Anyone bringing kids?

I'm not planning on bringing the guitar or Mando. I know some people liked to borrow the guitar...just bringing small instruments, and a brand new Overton low D.

JP