Tom digs Katie Holmes, Scientology, Chiff & Fipple

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

beowulf573 wrote:I tried reading "Battlefield Earth" in high school, his fiction isn't much better.
That's handling it with tongs. :lol:

In keeping with the Pepsi Rule, I'll refrain from saying what I really think. :twisted:
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

dwinterfield wrote: Why on earth anyone would pay attention to anything they say on any topic other than baseball is beyond me.
Reminds me of when I went to get glasses. The salesman handed me a pair and said "You'll really like these. Jeff Bagwell just bought a pair last week!"

So I asked him "Why should I care, is he an opthamolagist on the side?
emmline

Post by emmline »

Are we afraid that Hubbard's ghost may be haunting this forum and take offense? As far as I know he could be the next candidate for the "people who as far as we know don't play whistle" feature.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

emmline wrote:Are we afraid that Hubbard's ghost may be haunting this forum and take offense?

No, WE are not. What would his shade do, anyway? Chide me?
emmline wrote:As far as I know he could be the next candidate for the "people who as far as we know don't play whistle" feature.
Especially since he's shaken off his mortal coil.
emmline

Post by emmline »

Nanohedron wrote: Especially since he's shaken off his mortal coil.
Eeeww. What if we step on it?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

emmline wrote:
Nanohedron wrote: Especially since he's shaken off his mortal coil.
Eeeww. What if we step on it?
That is soooo fraught in its compression. :lol:
benbrad
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Scientology

Post by benbrad »

My wife's cousin has been involved with and employed by Scientology for about 30 years. In my opinion it has ruined his life. I believe he is sorry he ever joined but he can't get out now. They have an "Enemies" list you know.
Ben
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Gosh, that's a terrible thing to hear.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Re: Scientology

Post by Nanohedron »

benbrad wrote:...They have an "Enemies" list you know.
Hope I'm on it.
dfernandez77
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Post by dfernandez77 »

beowulf573 wrote:I tried reading "Battlefield Earth" in high school, his fiction isn't much better.
Battlefield Earth?!?!? :boggle:

Oh! I watched the DVD (from Netflix) out of morbid curiosity. John Travolta has the lead part as a "scary" alien. :D

Plot Summary for Battlefield Earth: A Saga of the Year 3000
In the year 3000, man is no match for the Psychlos, a manipulative race of aliens on a quest for global domination. Led by the seductive and powerful Terl (Travolta), the Psychlos have taken all natural resources for themselves and left mankind behind to rot. It is after humanity has given up the fight against this alien race that a young man named Tyler (Pepper) decides to leave his desolate home high in the Rocky Mountains and take a final, courageous stand. :thumbsup:

Sounds like a space drama. But it was a comedy - I l a u g h e d . . . . :lol:
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

I thought that was a ghastly movie, but I really enjoyed the book.
Tony
(There'll be lots of brainwashing at the chiff gathering this Sat. :twisted: )
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
Whitmores75087

Post by Whitmores75087 »

What clip?
walrii

Post by walrii »

dwinterfield wrote:Why on earth anyone would pay attention to anything they say on any topic other than baseball is beyond me. Same applies to Tom Cruise, Brook Shields, Pat Sajack, Mel Gibson, Mel Brooks or any other celebity, athlete or musician.
I dutifully read two pages of comments on a music forum before hitting this. Does being a poor musician mean people should pay more or less attention to my opinions?
The Walrus

What would a wild walrus whistle if a walrus could whistle wild?

The second mouse may get the cheese but the presentation leaves a lot to be desired.
dwinterfield

Post by dwinterfield »

walrii wrote:
dwinterfield wrote:Why on earth anyone would pay attention to anything they say on any topic other than baseball is beyond me. Same applies to Tom Cruise, Brook Shields, Pat Sajack, Mel Gibson, Mel Brooks or any other celebity, athlete or musician.
I dutifully read two pages of comments on a music forum before hitting this. Does being a poor musician mean people should pay more or less attention to my opinions?
Should we happen to meet, I'd be happy to hear what you have to say on any topic (maybe) and I'd share my views with you for as long as you care to listen. That said, I'm pretty sure anything I might offer would not merit time on national TV. Even musicians are entitled to their opinions and, on most topics, their opinions will be at least as valuable as those of Tom Cruise, if not more so. This is true for poor musicians and musicians who play poorly.
Daniel_Bingamon

Post by Daniel_Bingamon »

Didn't Scientologists used to interview people with some kind of "E-meter" device hooked up to the person.
Email - YouTube - Ebay - Website $28 Low-D