wooden whistle

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
talimirr743
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

wooden whistle

Post by talimirr743 »

does anyone have a wood whistle for sale?
slowair
antispam: No

Post by slowair »

I do.
I'll be posting the whole list in the morning, but I am selling a Sweetheart Pro Model with case, cleaning swab and cork grease.
$110 including postage in the USA. Just bought it direct a couple months ago.
Mike
alespa
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Music has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. Part of what I love about celtic/folk style music is the sound of a handful of handmade instruments that remind me of simpler times.

Post by alespa »

I have a one of a kind Syn Nigerian Teak soprano d that is available. It is similar in looks to the lancewood model, but this is one of four whistles made from a single block of Teak. The other three were a multibody set D/C/Bb with a shorter beak on the mouthpiece. It has a lighter more velvetica sound than the Sweetheart. The Sweetheart is a bit louder. There are pics of this whistle that were posted on this board. If you are interested, I can email you a soundclip and pics (once I find where I stuck those pictures on my computer).
There's no such thing as a stranger, just friends we have not yet met.
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

I have Syn Aluminums which are very very good whistles. So I reccomend getting Matt's Syn. By the way Matt why did you decide to put that up right after I go and spend $100 on the Aluminum Full set. They say timing is everything.
alespa
Tell us something.: Music has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. Part of what I love about celtic/folk style music is the sound of a handful of handmade instruments that remind me of simpler times.

Post by alespa »

Avery, it's been lingering on the board . . . I didn't take it off the market, and at times, I hope it doesn't sell, but . . . I need to be practical, and if someone else can enjoy it and play it more, then that's where it should be.
There's no such thing as a stranger, just friends we have not yet met.
Jetboy

Post by Jetboy »

I'll make you one!

Check out my website as shown below.

Jetboy
www.westonwhistles.co.uk

I am in a World of my own. But I am happy here, everyone knows me!
PJ
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

Jetboy,

Nice whistles. Do you make the presentation boxes yourself?
PJ
Jetboy

Post by Jetboy »

Yup, I occasionally , if I can get the right wood in the right size, make the whistle and the box from the same piece of wood. More often than not though, the whistle is one breed and the box another. I have some very nice 200 year old oak that make really nice boxes and some Sapele of a similar age that make a beautiful contrasting whistle. Some of my sapele balnks are big enough to make a whistle and a box matching. (Sapele is a sort of mahogany, this particular s a rich dark red/brown colour)

Jetboy
www.westonwhistles.co.uk

I am in a World of my own. But I am happy here, everyone knows me!
Byll
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

I have a Kingwood Busman D for sale. Please check the post.
Best.
Byll
'Everything Matters...'
Lisa Diane Cope 1963-1979
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Jetboy wrote:I'll make you one!

Check out my website as shown below.

Jetboy
I have one of his wooden (not tunable) whistles. It sits right next to my O'Riordan traveler set. Very pure sound, but more rounded than the O'R's, which are laser pure when played correctly.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus