Summer Northern Calif Chiff Gathering

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
LimuHead
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm not new here. I have been registered here for many years. I am not a spammer, though being from Hawaii, I do enjoy eating spam. Now the site is requiring at least 100 characters in this box. It would have been nice to know that bit of information before I hit submit the first time!

Post by LimuHead »

Hawaiian themed, huh? Works for me! Mrs. LimuHead & I will just be returning from a 2 week trip to the islands so a Hawaiian themed party should help with the culture shock of returning to California! :lol:

I'm sure Mrs. LimuHead would love to teach everyone a hula. We'll be sure and save it for the inebriated portion of the evening so Tony won't feel strange about his coconuts!

Cool, so Stiofan & JohnP are coming!

Hey Kar - I missed the uke festival this year. I've been every year since it began (and performed every year), but this year decided to take a break. I'm looking forward to trying out your uke!

To Richard: It's June 11th at Tony's mom's house in San Pablo. (He'll send the directions to you if you email/PM him.)

Looking forward to seeing you all again!
My CD! Click here to listen!
Whistle, uke, guitar, English concertina & more!: http://www.nowhereradio.com/onemanband
tim-hart
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

I'm in

Post by tim-hart »

Hey there. Sounds like fun, especially if on the weekend of June 11-12. Otehr weekends are booked for me (SF Folk Fest and then -- woo hoo -- my CD launch!).

Let me know if you need anything...

Cheers,

th
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Considering the closeness of the date, I feel the need to keep this on page 1 so people won't miss a chance of a lifetime (until next year). :roll:
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
Karina

Post by Karina »

Okay, after some really intense bribery, I've decided I'll make the trek and come join all of you. :D So count me in!
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Wow! That's fabulous. I missed you at the last gathering and wondered if you'd be back again. I'm delighted. (I pictured your return home last time with Murph being like Toad's Wild Ride at Disneyland.
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
Karina

Post by Karina »

Hehe! Thanks, I feel so loved :D I can't wait--I haven't played with anyone since last June's get together. I'd be more than happy to bring anything at all, although salads don't do so well in extended car rides, so if there's something more specifically suited to that, let me know and I'd be happy to bring it.
MurphyStout

Post by MurphyStout »

Bring some blank cds :) You can't eat them but they have their uses.
No I'm not returning...
MikeyLikesIt

Post by MikeyLikesIt »

It's sneaking up on us, only next weekend. I sure hope I can make it, as I need to get a job to pay for the set of pipes I ordered. How will directions be handed out?

-Mike
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

Bummer. I'm not going to be able to make this one, guys. I'm committed to play for the little Morris-ettes at a festival here in town (which also happens to be at my church, so I can't weasel out). I'm especially bummed because that's my birthday, and I'd much rather spend it partying with a bunch of crazy musicians!

Oh well. Maybe in the fall!

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

How will directions be handed out?
Send me an email and I'll send you directions.
whistletunes at hotmail.com
Tony
feadogin

Post by feadogin »

Happy Birthday, Redwolf!
:party:

Justine
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

Happy Birthday, Redwolf!

I sympathize about missing it - I'm in Japan at the moment and may not be back in time.

And if I *do* get back I'm likely to be pretty jetlagged out (and have a family that would like to see me, and may be helping a friend move).

As you said, there's always the fall. The musical quality of the Higgins gathering will likely be higher with my absence, anyway. It IS too bad that I'll miss on Tony's lesson session, though :lol: (Try saying that three times fast :twisted: )
IDAwHOa
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

DCrom wrote:Tony's lesson session, though :lol: (Try saying that three times fast :twisted: )
IDAwHOa wrote:Tony's lesson session
Tony's lesson session
Tony's lesson session
There, that was easy! :devil:
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

IDAwHOa wrote:
DCrom wrote:Tony's lesson session, though :lol: (Try saying that three times fast :twisted: )
IDAwHOa wrote:Tony's lesson session
Tony's lesson session
Tony's lesson session
There, that was easy! :devil:
But did it leave your tangue tongled? :twisted:
JohnPalmer

Post by JohnPalmer »

Is it Tony's lesson session, or Tony's session lesson? Try saying that three times fast—or Lexington Kentucky.

JP