Deep Throat identified

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
izzarina
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by izzarina »

Chang He wrote:jGilder is now an honorary member of the tinfoil hat club.
:P
::passing jGilder his very own tinfoil hat::

Welcome to the club, dude! :wink:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
MurphyStout

Post by MurphyStout »

jGilder wrote:They're all part of the same network, Jack. Compare the common histories of Nixon's and George HW Bush etc. Examine what events took place during Nixon's term.
Nobody's perfect Jack, you're just too hard of a man to please :wink:
No I'm not returning...
MurphyStout

Post by MurphyStout »

FYI and BTW, if you get into the honors history classes in highschools nowadays they teach you that JFK was most likely killed by his own government.
No I'm not returning...
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

izzarina wrote:
emmline wrote:
MurphyStout wrote: I'd trade Nixon for Reagan and/or Bush any FECKING day of the week.
Just curious...which days of the week are those? And are the rest off-limits for some reason?
Yeah! I didn't even realize we had those kinds of days of the week. Am I the last to know everything important like this?

;)
The off-limits days are when you're feckless. I should know.
jGilder

Post by jGilder »

izzarina wrote:
Chang He wrote:jGilder is now an honorary member of the tinfoil hat club.
:P
::passing jGilder his very own tinfoil hat::

Welcome to the club, dude! :wink:
No wonder Chang's so into these hats -- you can pick up Fox News when you put it on. Too bad Chang's going to end up eating his though -- that's gotta hurt the 'ol filllings. Image
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

MurphyStout wrote:Of course I"m trying to stir the pot... the forum would be so damn boring otherwise.

But, behind every joke there's a bit of truth. I'd trade Nixon for Reagan and/or Bush any FECKING day of the week.
Now THAT, this baby boomer will agree with!
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

MurphyStout wrote:FYI and BTW, if you get into the honors history classes in highschools nowadays they teach you that JFK was most likely killed by his own government.
Do you know how I would find out more about this----as it is taught in school? I can't find anything in AP US History other than chapter outlines and student discussions and they don't address this. Is this actually written in text books, or is this the opinion of the teacher? Some chapter outlines point out the flaws in the Warren Commission, but don't make the leap to saying our government did it. Is there any particular textbook you could recommend for this topic?
MurphyStout

Post by MurphyStout »

Hmmm, this was 5 years ago so I don't remember the name of the text but the last name of the author was Bailey. It had a section on the bay of pigs and it made several ties to the fact that kennedy MIGHT have been shot because MAYBE he was trying to pull out of Vietnam. I remember going over it in my AP gov class as well but that was strickly teacher opinion. Sorry I can't be of any help.
No I'm not returning...
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Well, I'll look for a text by Bailey. That might give me a start. And I think there are some people at a college here I could talk to also---just thought about that. I'm not obsessed with this, but it is a new idea to me that it is being taught that there is a reasonable conspiracy theory. I'm just wondering how generally it is being taught. It is odd---since I was alive when it happened I never learned about it in history class. Thanks.