Anyone willing to part with a Copeland or Overton C whistle?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Steve Pribyl
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Anyone willing to part with a Copeland or Overton C whistle?

Post by Steve Pribyl »

I'm interested in purchasing a Copeland brass C or an unpolished Overton (B.O. or C.G.) C whistle. I would prefer "high" C but would consider "low" C. Please email me if interested.

Thanks.

Steve
Whistling Willie
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I love whistling and I have been a member of this forum for many years now.I have found it very informative and helpful over the years that I have been here.

Post by Whistling Willie »

Just out of curiosity,why an unpolished Overton :-?
"Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated"
Steve Pribyl

Post by Steve Pribyl »

I like the "stock" finish of the Overton. Some people apparently don't care for the "stock" finish and try to polish the whistle. I've purchased more than one described as "mint" only to find that it's been polished. (I returned them.) The polished ones feel a bit "greasy" somehow, to me.

Just a personal preference.

Steve
cavefish
Tell us something.: been out of it for awhile and decided to start back up on the flute and whistle , been doing NAFs and saxophones

Post by cavefish »

why could you not just steel wool the whistle for that raw finish
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Re: Anyone willing to part with a Copeland or Overton C whis

Post by IDAwHOa »

Steve Pribyl wrote: an unpolished Overton (B.O. or C.G.) C whistle. I would prefer "high" C but would consider "low" C. Please email me if interested.

Thanks.

Steve

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Whitmores75087

Post by Whitmores75087 »

I believe Wanderer has a nickel Copeland for sale. I've played it and it's a "good Copeland". Trust me on that because I've also played a bad one and know the difference.
To improve grip I put a strip of electricians black plastic tape down the back of my smoother or "greasier" whistles.
Very embarrassing (and funny) when a whistle falls to the ground in the middle of solo.