Internet Addiction Test

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
GaryKelly
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Internet Addiction Test

Post by GaryKelly »

http://www.netaddiction.com/resources/i ... n_test.htm

I scored 18, "You are an average on-line user. You may surf the Web a bit too long at times, but you have control over your usage."

It'll be interesting to see some other people's results here at C&F.
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
Matt_Paris

Post by Matt_Paris »

45. Same comment. :)
Flyingcursor
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

26. Internet wannabe.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
emmline

Post by emmline »

I'm not sure Chiffers are a good average cross-section of internet groupies though. The common interest(s) that drew us here suggests that we have lives.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

I scored 38. I was surprised I came out in the average range, although it is at the high end. It feels out of control to me.
MarcusR
Location: I stay in a place called 'Rooms'... There's a whole chain of them.

Post by MarcusR »

Me? 82 :o

Your Internet usage is causing significant problems in your life. You should evaluate the impact of the Internet on your life and address the problems directly caused by your Internet usage.

Now, tell me something I didn't know :x

Hmm ...
Is there a pill one can take?

/MarcusR
There is no such thing as tailwind -- it's either against you or you're simply having great legs!
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

Hmmm... around 80 views so far and only 5 responses (although I have had a couple of PMs). Interesting.

What's even more interesting is that in mooching around google on the subject of internet addiction, a surprisingly large number of sites offer counselling online (for a price, of course).
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

24 for me. I'd have scored lower, but "never" wasn't ever an option.

Susan
Chang He

Post by Chang He »

Wow. 83.

Your Internet usage is causing significant problems in your life. You should evaluate the impact of the Internet on your life and address the problems directly caused by your Internet usage.
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Average user etc.

Not as bad as I feared.. :wink:

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

MarcusR wrote:Now, tell me something I didn't know
:lol:
I know. I reckon we can probably tell if we are fooling around on the computer too much. But I suppose some people aren't aware.

It is a fun test, but like most tests you can check "always" on one thing---which could really be causing a serious problem---and then "rarely" on something else and the results will probably come out to be average. I think that was the case with me. However, I have always been able to find ways to avoid doing things I don't want to do, so I'm not sure it's the internet that's the real problem.

I wish there was a pill to take. Maybe there is an online forum where you can discuss your overuse of the internet. :lol: Bad idea!

But maybe your score will help you think about some things you do that aren't that fun on the internet and you could cut those out. That might be a way to start.
thurlowe

Post by thurlowe »

I scored 30. Call me "average" Carabelle.
Charlene

Post by Charlene »

I got 42. Just average.

I think my husband would disagree! :lol:
Charlene
Jeff Stallard

Post by Jeff Stallard »

I got a 28. The question about neglecting chores in favor of the Internet was ridiculous. Yes, I neglect chores in favor of the Internet, but it's not BECAUSE of the Internet. it's because I'm lazy. I neglect chores in favor of playing music, or sleeping, or walking my dog, or seeing a movie....or pretty much anything remotely fun.
"Reality is the computer hardware, and religions are the operating systems: abstractions that allow us to interact with, and draw meaning from, a reality that would otherwise be incomprehensible."
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

You are an average on-line user. You may surf the Web a bit too long at times, but you have control over your usage.