Davy Spillane Low D Review

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Kingfisher
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Kingfisher »

The COO of the GPTR&PC !! Now that's a much more fitting title for one so distinguished in the fine art of sunflower seed acquisition and whistle analysis. What a great little guy !! :lol:

Have a Great Day and FunWhistling !!
Coming to you live from "The Black Hole of Whistledom"
amar
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

fasten seat belts.
Bloomfield
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Stop using my name!!

Post by Bloomfield »

talbert st.claire wrote:To: KDMARTINKY,

I would very much appreciate it if you would please "STOP" referring to me in recent posts of yours.

P.S. I want nothing to do with posting even sincere messages on a board that cannot be controlled. My postings are far and between and only when I feel that someone perhaps may be interested in a whistle in general. Again, I want no part of any discussions here so please stop referring to me on this forum.

Sincerely

Talbert St. Claire
The thread is now complete. The Chiffboard, like life, moves in circles. :)

Talbert: We'll not stop referring to you on this forum. Like all great artists, you are larger than life, and your impact on all of our lives will continue enrich our discussions in the future. It's like talking about, you know, palm trees.

Best wishes,
/Bloomfield
Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher »

Now that you've brought up the subject , Bloomfield , could you please clarify something for me ? When I become like a palm tree , will I get dates ... or will I just get nuts ??? :boggle: j/k

Have a Great Day and Fun Whistling !!
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

Kingfisher wrote:Now that you've brought up the subject , Bloomfield , could you please clarify something for me ? When I become like a palm tree , will I get dates ... or will I just get nuts ??? :boggle: j/k

Kingfisher, if you become a palm tree we can't guarantee dates, but folks wanting shade will be real frond of you. :twisted:
Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher »

Kingfisher, if you become a palm tree we can't guarantee dates, but folks wanting shade will be real frond of you. :twisted:

And I thought I was twisted !! :wink:

StewySmoot

Post by StewySmoot »

Without sounding like a complete dope, how did this all come about:? davyspillane.com does not sell whistles. I remember there was talk in this forum about Spillane possibly offering a whistle for sale but I dont recall anything specific from the Spillane website.
<a href="http://www.whistletotheworld.com/" target="_blank"> Whistle to the World</a>
Helping underprivileged kids learn music via the Irish Whistle.
Talbert St. Claire
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Kerrywhistle forum!

Post by Talbert St. Claire »

To: Phil Hardy (Kerrywhistles)

I decided to post my message here instead of using your forum as I do not care to be a member of the Kerrywhistle's site. Truth is, if you want the majority to know how you feel, go to C&F! That's a fact. But, not in any way intended as a putdown to your own web site. Nothing more.

I saw your post on your web site and you refer to me as someone that Mr. Spillane has used. However, your statement say's, "He has involved somebody else (TstC) to introduce a new product". That statement is really, unjust! Please be careful about dropping my name like that. What I have stated about this whistle as well as my friendship with Spillane is public knowlege since a yr ago. I have known Spillane for a number of yrs. Yet, You speak as if I am not a credible source. Be careful about that.

If there is one thing that I have learned about all this it is not becoming involved with advertising someone else's product. I regret being involved a yr ago regarding this low whistle. Yes, I am a good friend of, Davy Spillanes. But, I will not further advertise or promote anyone. It can backfire in so many ways and has. I now understand that and so does Davy( Do your own advertising!!) is what I have told him in the past. I appreciate his friendship but that is as far as I will go for, anyone.

Regarding you. I play your instruments & nothing more. Please understand that. This is not a friendship. Please avoid using my name in the future.

P.S. I even offered to trade one of my Spillane low d whistles for a few of yours just to see how serious you were about your interest regarding this whistle by your postings. You responded just as I thought that you would, Critically! Your interest is purely, personal! This makes you look really poor. Pls do not put down other makers like that. It's not good for, "the soul".

Thank you

Talbert St. Claire
Last edited by Talbert St. Claire on Mon May 23, 2005 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you discover you have a "perfect" Low Whistle, don't sell it. Trust me, I know! If it's close to perfection, don't sell it. Trust me, I know! If you feel that it's difficult to adjust to but you still feel a deep connection to it, don't sell it. Just give it to me!!!
emmline

Post by emmline »

Kingfisher wrote:Now that you've brought up the subject , Bloomfield , could you please clarify something for me ? When I become like a palm tree , will I get dates ... or will I just get nuts ??? !
You will get none of the above. But you'll be great at limbo.
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

*grabs the popcorn and settles in for what should prove to be a good 'Celebrity Death Match'. :lol:
NicoMoreno
Tell us something.: I just wanted to update my location... 100 characters is a lot and I don't really want to type so much just to edit my profile...

Re: Kerrywhistle forum!

Post by NicoMoreno »

talbert st.claire wrote:P.S. I even offered to trade one of my Spillane low d whistles for a few of yours
Geeze, no wonder he turned it down, especially after Bloom's response! It is hardly worth one of Phil's whistles, let alone "a few".
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

Tyghress wrote:Nah....all the signs of a friend of Talbert.
my thoughts exactly
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

Jerry Freeman wrote:
cavefish wrote:thats funny, i never noticed the avatar, touch'e
Say hello to Ralph.

He's a real mouse, and he knows more about whistles than any other rodent on the planet. (Even had music written in his honor.)

You want sources, there you are.

Best wishes,
Jerry
I imagine Ralph to be a close relative of Mr. Jingles of "The Green Mile" fame.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher »

emmline wrote:
Kingfisher wrote:Now that you've brought up the subject , Bloomfield , could you please clarify something for me ? When I become like a palm tree , will I get dates ... or will I just get nuts ??? !
You will get none of the above. But you'll be great at limbo.
Emmline , at this stage in my life, that might be the most outlandish accomplishment of all !! :lol:

Have a Great Day and Fun Whistling
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

StewySmoot wrote:Without sounding like a complete dope, how did this all come about:? davyspillane.com does not sell whistles. I remember there was talk in this forum about Spillane possibly offering a whistle for sale but I dont recall anything specific from the Spillane website.
You could, like, actually go to the trouble of clicking the links that I compiled in my review at the top of this thread: it's all there. :)
/Bloomfield