candy.

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
avanutria
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

candy.

Post by avanutria »

dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

...is dandy,but liquor is quicker.

Ogden Nash.

Slan,
D. :)
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
peeplj
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by peeplj »

Doesn't appear to include some of my favorites.

Bottlecaps. They are one of my all-time favorite candies.

Also Smarties seem to be absent.

Where are the Jolly Ranchers?

And what about the Sugar Babies?!? :)

Neat picture, though! Reminds me of going to 7-11 when I was a kid to snag a bag of various munchies.

--James
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Probably because these are English products, or "Sweets" as they are known over here :wink:

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Jack

Post by Jack »

I'm hungry.
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Slumbubby han me a hankly... I'm dwoolin allova da keybawd
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

Oh, there are Smarties there! I see 'em! I see 'em!

Brit Smarties are better than M&Ms that I can't eat anymore since I tasted the Brit version...delight!
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

Tyghress wrote:Oh, there are Smarties there! I see 'em! I see 'em!

Brit Smarties are better than M&Ms that I can't eat anymore since I tasted the Brit version...delight!
Yup, we got the Smarties for you Tyg! :D Less than a week and you can taste the real thing again!

We have M&Ms here too, though we didn't buy any this time out. I think they're slightly different to American M&Ms, different chocolate or something. I enjoy both M&Ms and Smarties.

I hope you'll like Maltesers, which are a bit like Whoppers but 100% better (IMHO). Minstrels are like BIG Smarties, for adult mouths. Popular cinema fare.

Peeps -- I haven't tried bottlecaps, I'll be looking out for them when I'm over there, unless they're licourice based. Jolly Ranchers are OK, nothing special though to my palete. Lifesavers, btw, are what we call Fruit Polos, and mint Polos are more popular. I forget most of the other American candies I tried, except Reese's Peanut Butter Cups which I can get locally, and enjoy from time to time.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Candy is dandy but in Ontario now the kids are going crazy over Mac's Frosters "Bloody Zits"

You will need Quick time tp view the advertisement now running on TV.
If you are the squeamish type don't go to the link below.

http://www.reginaldpike.com/BLH_bloodyzit.html

The print ads are even grosser!

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

Ah! I understand now. :)

Martin, Bottlecaps are special. They come in a roll, or in small, flat packages, and have different flavors to mimic the flavors of soft-drinks, and so are shaped like the caps of the old glass-bottled colas.

They come in strawberry, root beer, grape, cola, I think orange, maybe a few other flavors.

Anyhow, the really unique things about them are the unique texture and the strength of flavor. They have about te texture of a kid's chewable vitamin, and flavor which is moderatly strong on the outside just bursts into your mouth when you chew one. They are very sweet and were one of my favorite candies as a child.

--James
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

Tyghre pointed out to me that Smarties are NOT Core in Weight Watchers, which is our shiny new diet plan. To this I say Thppppppppt. I do NOT gorge on Smarties. . .I eat them one by one, letting them melt delicately on my tongue until the fruity shell breaks and melds with the taste of high quality chocolate. One tube can last me three days if I work it right.

He's a Jolly Rancher sorta guy (are they the same as Jolly Ranchers in England?) and goes through about 6 a night while he works. I of course pointed out to him that thats 2 points right there....
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
Chang He

Post by Chang He »

Martin Milner wrote:Lifesavers, btw, are what we call Fruit Polos, and mint Polos are more popular.
There's an excellent trick you can do with Lifesavers. If you get the Wintergreen ones, and go into a dark room, put one in your mouth edge-on between your teeth and bite down quickly with your mouth open, the candies make little blue sparks as they break. The candies have to be quite dry, so you have to move quickly once you open them up. Endless entertainment, and great for dates...
dapple

Post by dapple »

I'm not familiar with any or the candies or sweets in the picture, but Maynards Wine Gums make me think that the Brits may have figured a way for people to satisfy both desires simultaneously.
~ David
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Chang He :lol: I remember standing in front of my dorm room mirror in college crunching on Wintergreen Lifesavers. Some one told me about it and I didn't believe it and boy I started whoopin' and hollerin' the first time I saw those sparks! It is indeed "an excellent trick".
Unseen122
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

dapple wrote:
I'm not familiar with any or the candies or sweets in the picture, but Maynards Wine Gums make me think that the Brits may have figured a way for people to satisfy both desires simultaneously.
:lol: