Anyone see Revenge of the Sith yet?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!

Did Revenge of the Sith live up to the Original Star Wars Trilogy standards

Yes
5%
No
26%
Hell YES!!!
26%
Hell NOOOOO!!!
No votes
Dont know, dont care
26%
Undecided
16%

Total votes: 19

Tyler
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Anyone see Revenge of the Sith yet?

Post by Tyler »

Has anyone seen Revenge of the Sith yet? My wife and I are going to the 4:50 show today as soon as I am off work.
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jack »

Oops. I thought the post's title was the same as the poll question, so I voted "no." I should have voted "don't know, don't care." Please adjust your totals. ;)
missy

Post by missy »

won't get to see it until at least next week......

But I have my Darth Vader earrings on today!!! :D

Missy
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

I also nearly voted "no" till I realised the thread title wasn't the question being asked :P

I haven't seen it yet, and as I didn't see the other two till they were on DVD, I'm in no great hurry. May release dates mean they always come out while I have exams.
Jack

Post by Jack »

avanutria wrote:I also nearly voted "no" till I realised the thread title wasn't the question being asked :P
Great minds think alike, friend. ;)
MurphyStout

Post by MurphyStout »

I saw it last night at 12:01am and I'm undecided. This last one was quite a bit better than the EP's 1 and 2 but not as good as the originals.
No I'm not returning...
feadogin

Post by feadogin »

I thought it was as good as the originals. But it would have been more entertaining if we would have had some people dressed up in our theater. (Besides Jack, I mean).

Justine :P
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Just saw the flick last night myself. Almost redeems the prior episodes, and IMHO does meet the standards set by the original trilogy.
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
herbivore12

Post by herbivore12 »

What I'd like to know: what is it with Jedis and high places?

I have long decried, in what is otherwise a highly technologically advanced
civilization, the absence of a Uniform Galactic Building Code
requiring min. 38-inch handrails on all catwalks suspended over the
Abyss. If the Imperial Senate wasn't always futsing around with minor
trade disputes and disgruntled Outer Rim systems, they could finally
enact some basic health and safety standards.

That and require mandatory ski pole-style safety straps on light
sabers for the Jedi Order. Those guys are always dropping the things. Spoiler:
a clone soldier is almost hit on the head by a falling light saber. It's only a
matter of time before some innocent bystander gets really hurt as a result of
Jedi carelessness during light saber duels.
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

[quote="herbivore12"]What I'd like to know: what is it with Jedis and high places?

I have long decried, in what is otherwise a highly technologically advanced
civilization, the absence of a Uniform Galactic Building Code
requiring min. 38-inch handrails on all catwalks suspended over the
Abyss. If the Imperial Senate wasn't always futsing around with minor
trade disputes and disgruntled Outer Rim systems, they could finally
enact some basic health and safety standards.

quote]

Mebey in such an advanced society people know better, mabey they finally got to the point where they can say to each other STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM CHASMS CAUSE YA MIGHT FALL OFF, YA DUMMIE
Wormdiet

Post by Wormdiet »

[SPOILERS]

I just got back from it.

Murph got it straight. It's a good movie. Not as good as epis IV-VI, but better than I, on par with II.

Somebody needs to tell Lucas that the relationship between volume of CGI effects and quality of cinema do NOT exist in direct relationship.

THe story was good, especially 2nd half. No real surprises.

The dialogue was cheesy, but Star Wars ain't about subtle interplay of deeply developed characters.

Darth Hayden was almost watchable this time around

Natalie Portman was made to look like a mediocre actress, which is a crime because she can be great.

Some of the fight scenes were cool, but. . . waaaaaayy too many of them and too long. I enjoyed it when the robot dude went up against Obi Wan. THe Emperor had a very cool corkscrew spin move too.
OOOXXO
Doing it backwards since 2005.
The Sporting Pitchfork
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by The Sporting Pitchfork »

I just saw it. I didn't think it was a bad movie, but it definitely wasn't a good one.

I don't want to give away any elements of the plot or spoil anyone's delight at seeing all the cool fight scenes or hearing the excreable dialogue for themselves (hey--I heard Tom Stoppard did some uncredited work on the script...does anyone know if this is true?), but I will say this: George didn't give himself enough episodes to work with. When he was working on the original Star Wars (aka "A New Hope"), perhaps he should've slated it as episode 5 rather than 4. Either that, or the scripts for episodes 1 and 2 should've been a lot more efficient. Anakin's descent into darkness in this episode simply didn't strike me as plausible enough.
I don't want to get all fanboy-esque about how Lucas ruined it all and the Star Wars universe could've been so much deeper and more dramatic--it was an okay movie. I don't feel robbed of my money or a couple of hours of my life. It could've been so much better though...<Sigh.>

Oh, but the little Frankenstein monster movie homage............Oh Sweet Lord, that was fabulous...Okay. I'll stop now. Go see it. Keep your expectations mid-level.