The Jerry Springer Show

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
FJohnSharp
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

And as mayor of Cincinnati he wrote a check to a prostitute.
"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
(The people’s spirit is raised through culture)

Suburban Symphony
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

In interviews I've seen with him, he seemed pretty bright. Should he have used a credit card? (I don't know much about this. What's the correct way to pay a prostitute?)

Best wishes,
Jerry
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Jerry Freeman wrote:The part that amazes me is, Springer's a smart, sophisticated guy. I've seen him interviewed, and he's very intelligent. He was mayor of Cincinnati, for Pete's sake.

I don't get it.

Best wishes,
Jerry
I'd suggest he's cashing in on his contempt for for the less sophisticated. Sophistication and intelligence are not a bar to venality.
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Meself wrote:I'd suggest he's cashing in on his contempt for for the less sophisticated. Sophistication and intelligence are not a bar to venality.

...and I should know. :twisted:
spittin_in_the_wind
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

jsluder wrote:I can remember when Saturday evenings in my parents' house meant Lawrence Welk, Hee-Haw and Love Boat on the boob-tube. <shudder>

As for the Jerry Springer Show... never seen it, never will. :wink:
:lol:
In my house, we watched Lawrence Welk and HeeHaw before Love Boat even existed! And then there was Bowling for Dollars...

Robin
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

I would imagine that Springer is like most of the folks on his show- he does it for the $$$

Obviously there is a market for this stuff, otherwise it would not be on for long. I don't understand it either. I've never watched it for more than a few minutes and then I change the channel. I am not entertained by watching trashy humans expose some bogus/real? life issue and parts of their anatomy that are neither remarkable or unique.

There are some things that are just too low to even allow into the clutter in my brain. :)
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
missy

Post by missy »

yes - he was the Mayor of Cincinnati for a while (I was too young to vote for or against him at the time). The top vote getter for the 9 positions on city council would become mayor (we've since gone to direct elect for the mayor). Our city council is NOT known for being overly bright......

And, yes, he did get "caught" paying for a prostitute with a check - he got caught because the check bounced........

Then he went on to be a newscaster - started a talk show - and, well, the rest is well known.......

He wants to come back to Ohio and run for senate (or governor - it changes weekly).

He is the one main reason I do NOT want the Constitution changed to allow people not born as citizens run for President (he was born in England).

Missy
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

There was an episode of Gilligan's Island where they were voting on president of the Island. In the end, Gilligan remembered that only persons born in the country could be president, and so the chimp, being the only native-son among them, became president of Gilligan's Island.

Just thought I'd mention it, for no particular reason.
Reasonable person
Walden
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Ah. Gilligan. Now THAT was quality TV.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

missy wrote:He is the one main reason I do NOT want the Constitution changed to allow people not born as citizens run for President (he was born in England).
Oh yeah, blame us whydoncha? Look, you've got 'im, you keep 'im.
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
missy

Post by missy »

ohhhh - sorry jbarter, no slam intended - honestly! :D

Missy
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com