Hottest chili sauce EVER

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
rasp
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by rasp »

had some horse radish the other day that was worse than dave's insanity sauce. at least with pepers it is just the burn.
too many freaks, not enough circuses
OutOfBreath

Post by OutOfBreath »

Nanohedron wrote:
I.D.10-t wrote:As my roommate found out, after chopping the pepper do not pick your nose.
...or, if you're a guy, go to take a leak.

So I hear. :wink:
Been there, done that. Puts a whole new meaning to the phrase, "put a little spice in your life!" :)

I've always thought it would be funny to hang a sign that said, "employees must wash their hands before using to the lavatory" in the kitchen of a Mexican (or Indian, etc.,) restaraunt....
John
-------
The Internet is wonderful. Surely there have always been thousands of people deeply concerned about my sex life and the quality of my septic tank but before the Internet I never heard from any of them.
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

missy wrote:y'all remember one of the "Simpsons" episodes where Marge was going to be a police-woman? One scene had Homer using her "pepper spray" on his eggs.
It would have the same effect, and probably be a heck of a lot cheaper.

Missy
I remember that episode. Homer said, "One shot and you're south of the border." When he ate the eggs, he said, "Mmmm, incapacitating."

Once, I was eating a relatively mild pepper and my eye itched and I rubbed it without thinking. It started to sting, so I rubbed it again. Then, I realized my mistakes.
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

OutOfBreath wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:
I.D.10-t wrote:As my roommate found out, after chopping the pepper do not pick your nose.

Been there, done that. Puts a whole new meaning to the phrase, "put a little spice in your life!" :)

I've always thought it would be funny to hang a sign that said, "employees must wash their hands before using to the lavatory" in the kitchen of a Mexican (or Indian, etc.,) restaraunt....
I wonder how people fared before the advent of rubber gloves.
Scott McCallister
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Scott McCallister »

rasp wrote:had some horse radish the other day that was worse than dave's insanity sauce. at least with pepers it is just the burn.
I have heard that if you add sugar to fresh-ground/grated horse radish it increases the heat many many times. Any one ever try this?

I was once making a dobule batch of chile had to chop up about 20 jalapenos, (devaining and de-seeding them) I figured it would just be faster using my fingers to pop this stuff out, (I mean, come on... they're just jalapenos!) My thumbs and forefingers burned for hours that night. Lickily I didn't touch any "sensitive" parts until my hands were well washed. Still lift my fingers burning tho....
There's and old Irish saying that says pretty much anything you want it to.

I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

Nanohedron wrote:I wonder how people fared before the advent of rubber gloves.
I hold the peppers down with a fork and cut it between the tines (sp?) of the fork, and repeat across so as to dice them. Serving forks work for larger peppers. Works great without any gloves.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
missy

Post by missy »

we once had a dalmation (dumber than a box of rocks!) that loved to eat green beans and tomatos right off the plants.
One day, he got ahold of a habanero. Proceeded to run back and forth in the yard, rubbing his face and head on the grass. I finally got him stopped, and took some rubbing alcohol (knowing that the capsaicin is missible in EtOH) and got him somewhat cleaned off.

I say he was dumber than a box of rocks, because he proceeded to do the exact same thing less than a week later!

Missy
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

I.D.10-t wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:I wonder how people fared before the advent of rubber gloves.
I hold the peppers down with a fork and cut it between the tines (sp?) of the fork, and repeat across so as to dice them. Serving forks work for larger peppers. Works great without any gloves.
Good idea. Kind of obvious, when you think about it. Maybe that's why it didn't occur to me. :lol:

(edited because...oh, well)
Caj

Post by Caj »

chas wrote: And would anyone make chili using something like Hunans as the heat source? I don't think I would.
At first I thought this said, "using Humans as the meat source."

When I was younger, the Osco drug store chain had the slogan "Osco Drug is people, people who care." It was during a phase where everyone thought you had to say "people" in your slogan---"people helping people who care about people" and such.

And I always thought they should have hired Charlton Heston to scream in their commercials: Osco drug is MADE OUT OF PEOPLE!!!! IIIIHIT'S PEEEOPLEEE!!!!!

Caj
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

"People helping people everyday. Kerr-McGee people: people like you, who care."

As a child, I thought that they were implying that people like us didn't care.
Reasonable person
Walden
Darwin

Post by Darwin »

Walden wrote:A long-time consumer of Tabasco and of wasabi, I was thrown into some kind of altered state of consciousness or something for a few days by that one Vietnamese-American salsa that isn't Sriracha, but the same company.
Not Sambal Oelek, surely? I use about a tablespoon of that on my burritos--along with jalapeño slices. It's the most delicious hot pepper product in the world, IMNSHO. Sriracha is rather bland by comparison.
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
Darwin

Post by Darwin »

Flyingcursor wrote:I used to be into the "hot for hot sake" crowd. Then I bought some stuff from a chicken wing place that was so hot just opening the bottle killed nearby wildlife. Ever since then I have only liked hot when it contributes to the flavor.
This reminds me one of my favorite episodes on Great Chefs of the West (the all-time best PBS cooking show ever, ever, ever).

They were going to do a cilantro pesto, with cilantro, garlic, almonds, and serrano chilis. The chef goes over to a food processor and says something like, "First we'll chop up our serranos." She then proceeds to drop a couple of full serranos into the the food processor and hits the power button a couple of times. Then she removes the food processor lid...

It was hilarious. You can see her straighten up, then her face contorts. Then she rushes out of the room, along with her partner. Next you see the GCW crew heading toward the door as the camera falls over. There was a fair amount of inarticulate verbalizing throughout.

I thought it was great that they left it in the final show. If those had been habaneros, they might not have made it out alive.
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

OutOfBreath wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:

:lol: :lol:
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm