no booze and smoke allowed in this pub?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!

talasiga wants a booze and smoke free pub, I SAY NAY!

ethyl-based alcohol allowed but no smoking
20%
ethyl-based alcohol allowed and smoking whatever you like too
11%
ethyl-based alcohol allowed and only cigar smoking allowed
4%
a pub as talasiga wants it
11%
total anarchy, drink, feck, smoke, women
55%

Total votes: 55

Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Post by Walden »

This is a class establishment.
Tobacco-users must use spittoons.
Reasonable person
Walden
emmline

Post by emmline »

GaryKelly wrote:Sorry Swissdood, I'd have voted earlier, but you try rolling a fag one-handed whilst p*ssed out yer skull and ogling emm dancing in her knickers. Anyway, anarchy for me mate. I've always wanted an archy.
That was Nano, not me. We're almost the same you know.
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

GaryKelly wrote:Sorry Swissdood, I'd have voted earlier, but you try rolling a fag one-handed whilst p*ssed out yer skull and ogling emm dancing in her knickers. Anyway, anarchy for me mate. I've always wanted an archy.
good man!
i actually voted for alcohol and only cigars, but anarchy will do it for me too. :D
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

cowtime wrote:And Nano- can I play my tenor drum along with the pipes on Green Hills?
I've got a great set for that one that combines just the right mix of beats in a syncopation(that tends to freak out pipers until they get use to it ) and flourishing. Oh and do you want When the Battles O'er with that or just plain Green Hills?
By all means! And I love the idea of freaking out the pipers. Anything in the name of just desserts, wouldn't you say? Especially if it's in good artistic taste. I was just thinking: if you could train a whole battery of drummers for that set, and round up a really BIG pipe band, that would give the old sendoff just the sort of needlessly excessive flourish so dear to my heart. :D

And oh:

ANARCHY!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

emmline wrote:
That was Nano, not me. We're almost the same you know.
I was dancing? Hoo boy. My aching head.

Well, I'm off to scope out a potential new apartment, and I hope I get it. Everyone's getting forced out of the slum I live in. New owners, gutting and remodeling, or something. Ought to be downright demolition, if you ask me. If you don't see me around as much come June, that'll mean I'm solely accessing the boards from work and living in my car. Wish me luck.

Oops. OT. Sorry.
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

I know the feeling.. :roll:

Hope it all works out Bro..best wishes.

Slan,
D. :wink:
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Thanks. Just checked it out. Nice. Now they check me out. Hope my credit rating doesn't suck too bad. I'll just go to the session tonight, strike up Banish Misfortune as a talisman, and forget all about reality for a few hours. No smoking in that pub, BTW, but I neve seem to notice when I'm busy playing. :)
cowtime
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by cowtime »

Nanohedron wrote:
cowtime wrote:And Nano- can I play my tenor drum along with the pipes on Green Hills?
I've got a great set for that one that combines just the right mix of beats in a syncopation(that tends to freak out pipers until they get use to it ) and flourishing. Oh and do you want When the Battles O'er with that or just plain Green Hills?
By all means! And I love the idea of freaking out the pipers. Anything in the name of just desserts, wouldn't you say? Especially if it's in good artistic taste. I was just thinking: if you could train a whole battery of drummers for that set, and round up a really BIG pipe band, that would give the old sendoff just the sort of needlessly excessive flourish so dear to my heart. :D

And oh:

ANARCHY!
I can see it now- a MASSED BAND! Playing Green Hills while the few who even actually pay any attention to what anyone else is playing(much less what the drummers are doing) are freaking out over what the drummers are doing.

The first time we played that particular set to that tune the pipers almost lost it. Insisted it did not go because it was not the usual dum,dum,dum but 1,2,3,--AND-2--AND-3 and it gets weirder in the second part and very syncopated. After we explained it to them some of them figured it out(the ones who can actually read timing). Sorry to be hard on the pipers- I'm one too, but it never ceases to amaze me at the number of them in our band that really can't read the timing and have no concept of playing in a group, and listening to everyone else when they are playing in a group. It can be very frustrating, not to mention, sounds like @#$%*
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
amar

Post by amar »

who'd have guessed...the majority here is for AMARCHY.. :D
IRTradRU?

Post by IRTradRU? »

POITÍN FOR THE MASSES!

:)
IRTradRU?
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Umm... well... since it's mother's day, and I'm enjoying a Grolsch, to be followed by a Guinness, I guess I'll sit in Amar's pub for the duration and return to Izzy's later...

Shalom!
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

It was very interesting in the Legion branch yesterday after the parade and service for VE Day. All Legion branches in Ontario are to be non smoking. But bless their hearts, no body and I mean nobody raised their voices when the old guys lit up inside and had a pint or two!

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

MarkB wrote:It was very interesting in the Legion branch yesterday after the parade and service for VE Day. All Legion branches in Ontario are to be non smoking. But bless their hearts, no body and I mean nobody raised their voices when the old guys lit up inside and had a pint or two!

MarkB
Yeah, who'd want to be the person saying "Don't smoke 'em if ya gottem".
:wink:
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
amar

Post by amar »

yihaaa, wednesday i'm off to berlin, will be back on the 16th. have never been to berlin, must check the net if there are scottish/irish pubs... :D
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Irish Music is huge in Germany and has been for many years.I don't think you will have any problems finding a venue with live music.

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats