Top 25 Posters (Quantity) as of April 28, 2005

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
herbivore12
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by herbivore12 »

I never make it onto lists. And considering what most lists consist in, I'm pretty okay with that . . .

(Actually, I do remember making my dad's "s--t list" a couple of times, especially in my teens. Had an aversion to 'em ever since, lists.)
Jerry Freeman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Hey Jim!

We made Cranberry's list!

Best wishes,
Jerry
Jack

Post by Jack »

Jerry Freeman wrote:Hey Jim!

We made Cranberry's list!

Best wishes,
Jerry
Well, yall three have been especially kind and gentle and generous and patient with me even when I was unkind, ungentle and unpatient. Not saying that nobody else has, of course, but it really is appreciated.
Martin Milner

Re: Top 25 Posters (Quantity) as of April 28, 2005

Post by Martin Milner »

On a post per day basis, I feel positively taciturn...
Doug_Tipple wrote:I have to admit that I worry about the people who hang out at C&F throughout the day, bumping up large post numbers.
I think most office workers in the UK now have broadband internet access, and probably in the USA too. When there's a lull or a tea break, a quick dip into the mad world of C&F to see what's cooking, who Amar's been flirting with today, or if they've let the UPers eat with metal cutlery again, is very therapeutic, and cheaper than bidding on eBay.
Darwin

Post by Darwin »

Martin Milner wrote:On a post per day basis, I feel positively taciturn...
Dang! With approximately 3.9 posts per day, it's obvious that I spend wa-a-ay too much time here.

Being vaguely obsessive-compulsive, cutting back isn't really a valid option. Better to go cold turkey.
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Well, Darwin, I do often find your posts worth reading if it's any consolation. I thought your advice "Shoot first, ask questions later." was really good. :)
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

I think Darwin vies for the Reasonable Person spot with Walden quite well. Somethin' about them Texlahomans. If Wombly wasn't quite as cerebral (being too brainy and using lengthy explanations undermines reasonableness), he would too, probably because of the Weekenders' Crackpot Theory #1501 about Australians being sorta like Texans.

No, I am not reasonable. I am from Caleefornya, where we elect movie stars to untie Gordian knots.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
emmline

Post by emmline »

Darwin wrote:
Being vaguely obsessive-compulsive
Me too. Hmmm. I wonder if that's common here.
happyturkeyman

Post by happyturkeyman »

Doug_Tipple wrote:I'd like to say that just a smile icon does not qualitfy as a legitimate post. These kind of frivolous posts should then be deducted from the final tally. I have to admit that I worry about the people who hang out at C&F throughout the day, bumping up large post numbers. It reminds me of my father, who is obsessive-complusive. I want to say, "Get a life!", but I don't want to offend any of my friends. Can anyone remember life before the internet? I was reading books, which I hardly do anymore, I am sorry to say.
:P
We can dance if we want to
We can leave your friends behind
Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance
Well they're no friends of mine.
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Cranberry wrote:See, I am also Flyingcursor, emmline, izzarina, Martin Milner, avanutria, Nanohedron, and Bloomfield, so I have the most post counts. I just post with different screen names so I can pretend I have a real life.
Shhhhh.....you're not supposed to tell who we really are!!!! I am you and you are me and we are we and....how does that song go again? :wink:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

izzarina wrote:
Cranberry wrote:See, I am also Flyingcursor, emmline, izzarina, Martin Milner, avanutria, Nanohedron, and Bloomfield, so I have the most post counts. I just post with different screen names so I can pretend I have a real life.
Shhhhh.....you're not supposed to tell who we really are!!!! I am you and you are me and we are we and....
Y'all are Quakers. It isn't "you are me," it's "I am thee." :) Thee is a more egalitarian word.
Reasonable person
Walden
Jack

Post by Jack »

Walden wrote:
izzarina wrote:
Shhhhh.....you're not supposed to tell who we really are!!!! I am you and you are me and we are we and....
Y'all are Quakers. It isn't "you are me," it's "I am thee." :) Thee is a more egalitarian word.
I try to use "thee" with other Friends and my family and my pets, but with "the world" I say "you". It's a bit inconsistent, I know. I'm afraid to use "thee" with people at school, for example, because they may not understand me, or they may try to "correct" something like, "thee is", which is valid Quaker speech (Plain speech never employed the "thou art" form because the original Friends came from the north of England where "thou art" wasn't used as much as "thee is"). I also am using tradtional Quaker month names and days of the week. That's much easier (for me) to do, though.

But izzarina was pretty Catholic last time I checked. ;)
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Wow, 8.5 post per day.... I'd better get a life, and soon. :lol:
Jack

Post by Jack »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:Wow, 8.5 post per day.... I'd better get a life, and soon. :lol:
Well, it does get better. At one point I had over 10 posts per day. Now I am at half that. :)