Pipers are Session Gods: Obey US

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
amar
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

GaryKelly wrote:
Peggy wrote:I bet there were ducks in the pond, too. At least a few flying in for bit?
Flying in for a bit of what?
:twisted:
Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

Well, it had four posts, but not a canopy. I'm not exactly sure what a "classic" four poster is---but the wooden part was very nice looking. There was even a protective cover (trimmed in eyelet of course) that covered the top of the blanket very well so that you would not get the germs from the blanket on you or get your germs on the blanket.

Well, it seems as though there would have had to be ducks, but I just remember the deer. Gary, there were flying in for a bit of a rest and a bite to eat---that is if they indeed flew in. I surely would have noticed if there had been any sort of commotion among ducks going on!
Paul

Post by Paul »

Last edited by Paul on Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Well, OnTheMoor posted something about hip hop and I learned the names of two musicians---50 Cent and The Game. Now I have a third for my collection. His food migh be real good---that's all I care about. :lol: Some kind of home-style Southern Cooking sounds mighty good right now. We had some things called beignets in New Orleans---oh man, I just go into shivers thinking about them. And the shrimp, mercy! Well, we do have some good food here----but not like that.
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

I agree! It's well-nigh impossible to get a bad meal in the Big Easy!
Cafe du Monde .... mmmmmmm

Mary
missy

Post by missy »

I LOVE the food in Nawlins - we have our "favorites" we have to hit when we are there (Cafe du Monde is right on top). Tom thought I was joking about the pickled green beans in the Bloody Mary's at LaFette's - I got the waitress to put extra in his!

Talking about food - anyone not from around here ever have Cincinnati style chili? I'll describe it in a later post..........

Missy
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Missy, is it that chili with a bunch of layers? If so, I've had it from a cookbook but not in Cincinnati (that's a hard word to spell). I just love it. I hope I didn't give away too much. People will be looking forward to your recipe all the more I hope. :)
missy

Post by missy »

Cincinnati chili - hint #2
3 way
4 way
5 way

Missy
Missy

Paul

Post by Paul »

It seems to be a trend here in Atl. P-Diddy has a restaurant right down the street as well. I think it's called Justins. He's done very well, I unserstand. Jermaine's place is going to be called Cafe Dupri.
Well, OnTheMoor posted something about hip hop and I learned the names of two musicians---50 Cent and The Game. Now I have a third for my collection.
I wouldn't know anything at all about Hip-Hop other than Jerry Freeman's thousand-post congratulations tradition here on C&F but I swear, this city has become ground zero for it. In fact, this year, our Hawks (Basketball team) finished dead last but every game was a who's who of Hip-Hop in the stands.

Jermaine Dupri works with a lot of artists including Da Brat, Ludacris, 'Lil John & the Eastside Boys, Usher, P-Sweat, Silk, etc.. (there's some more names for you, Cynth! :wink: ) He also has some R&B acts in his stable.

Once I heard that a lot of rappers own Bentleys because Jermaine Dupri said that you're nobody unless you have one.

Of course, if you do get one it's not complete without a set of $$250,000.00 wheelzz! :o :o Yeah, those are cubic zirconias. 60000 carats each. :boggle:

How about this... a $300,000.00 car with $250,000.00 wheels. :lol: :lol: :lol:

missy

Post by missy »

the car is nice, but those wheels are butt ugly!!!

Missy
Missy

Wormdiet

Post by Wormdiet »

Paul wrote:It seems to be a trend here in Atl. P-Diddy has a restaurant right down the street as well. I think it's called Justins. He's done very well, I unserstand. Jermaine's place is going to be called Cafe Dupri.
Well, OnTheMoor posted something about hip hop and I learned the names of two musicians---50 Cent and The Game. Now I have a third for my collection.
I wouldn't know anything at all about Hip-Hop other than Jerry Freeman's thousand-post congratulations tradition here on C&F but I swear, this city has become ground zero for it. In fact, this year, our Hawks (Basketball team) finished dead last but every game was a who's who of Hip-Hop in the stands.

Jermaine Dupri works with a lot of artists including Da Brat, Ludacris, 'Lil John & the Eastside Boys, Usher, P-Sweat, Silk, etc.. (there's some more names for you, Cynth! :wink: ) He also has some R&B acts in his stable.

Once I heard that a lot of rappers own Bentleys because Jermaine Dupri said that you're nobody unless you have one.

Of course, if you do get one it's not complete without a set of $$250,000.00 wheelzz! :o :o Yeah, those are cubic zirconias. 60000 carats each. :boggle:

How about this... a $300,000.00 car with $250,000.00 wheels. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why is it that taste and dough never go together?

Think of the music gear you could get for one hubcap. . .
OOOXXO
Doing it backwards since 2005.
Paul

Post by Paul »

missy wrote:the car is nice, but those wheels are butt ugly!!!

Missy
That's what you call "Bling", Missy. It's like when you get your grill sparked out. (gold teeth with diamonds). If the wheels are 20 inches they're called Dubs. 22s are "Deuceydeuces" 23s are Deuceytres, 24s are Jordans after Michael Jordan's 24" shoes and 26s are called Shaqs.

Word.

-P
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

missy wrote:I LOVE the food in Nawlins
Ha! It took me a while to realise that's the name of the town (spelt in Mercan) not a restaurant. I must be on a 'slow brain' day.
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Missy wrote:the car is nice, but those wheels are butt ugly!!!
They are. They do not harmonize with the design lines on the car. The design on the wheels is too straight-lined, too sharp. Angles would be okay, but they need to be softened. Something in the wheel design needs to relate to the car design. Just my opinion.

Ooooh, I forgot about the "ways"!
missy

Post by missy »

Paul, I've seen some of the "spinners" on some cars around here (you know the saying supposedly attributed to Mark Twain - "If the world ends I want to be in Cincinnati, because everything gets there 20 years later). Those spinners drive me nuts - the car is stopped and the darn wheels look like they are still moving...... or is it my car moving..... too weird.

Thank goodness I raised my son right! He'd much rather have Cragers and slicks than bling!!!
Missy