White Hammy for Sale

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
kkrell
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Kelpie wrote:Somebody mentioned that hammy's whistles have a 'challenging' embouchure - how so? I'm interested only because I've heard they're damn loud too and i fancy that
OK, news to me. I know he makes piccolos and fifes in addition to flutes, but I have never heard of a Hamilton whistle. I've played a whistle by Desi Seery, which has a challenging embouchure, and is loud. Intended for flute players, according to Desi - takes a bit of push to kick into the 2nd octave.

Kevin Krell
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
KateG
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by KateG »

I just had a look at the white Hammy. It's too bad Lawrence Welk is gone. It would be the perfect instrument to play "When Irish Eyes are Smiling" and "Danny Boy" on his show. Why you might even be able to do what he did, and respond to critics by crying all the way to the bank :P
demon_piper
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

and again

Post by demon_piper »

anyone know if that orange polymer is delrin, and hence if it comes in flute widths?

maybe more a question for Terry, Jon or someone like that,

but I'd love to know

I think I'll ask Desi anyway and see what he says
Doc Jones

Re: and again

Post by Doc Jones »

demon_piper wrote:anyone know if that orange polymer is delrin, and hence if it comes in flute widths?

but I'd love to know

I talked to Michael Cronnolly. He said he can make a flute of any color polymer on his website. The cost for the odd colors is $400 rather than $375 as the material is more costly. This price does not include any counseling one might need following the inevitable razzing one would recieve at a session. :lol:

Doc

Doc
:) Doc's Book

Want to learn about medicinal herbs?
Doc's Website

Want to become a Clinical Herbalist? Doc's Herb School
andrewK

Post by andrewK »

Can he stripe them like a barber's pole for the more enteprising among you ?
( You could carry a bleeding bowl, for being bleeding sick in !)
Jon C.
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Re: and again

Post by Jon C. »

demon_piper wrote:anyone know if that orange polymer is delrin, and hence if it comes in flute widths?

but I'd love to know

There is a orange brown delrin, but it is special "PTFE filled" delrin, goes for $26 a foot!
Jon
Opps! It said "Opaque brown" read it wrong... Might make a nice colored flute, though?