The azaleas and dogwoods are sure nice this year.

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

The azaleas and dogwoods are sure nice this year.

Post by Walden »

Just thought I'd mention it.

Some years are better than others. This year seems to be one of the good ones, both in Muskogee and here local.

How are things blossoming in your neck of the woods?
Reasonable person
Walden
mamakash
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mamakash »

Funny you should mention it. The dogwoods seem unusually colorful this year. But from what I understand, the mild, rainy winter we had will make a bad allergy spring season.

But the weather still seems very chilly in Central NJ.
I sing the birdie tune
It makes the birdies swoon
It sends them to the moon
Just like a big balloon
NicoMoreno
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I just wanted to update my location... 100 characters is a lot and I don't really want to type so much just to edit my profile...

Post by NicoMoreno »

No plants, but I was watching the birds the other evening...

It was fun... made more so since I was in a suburb of Toronto, and yet it was if I was back in my old house in the country. Birds, birds and more birds. (That said, by weight the biggest number of birds was pigeons. Oh well, they can be pretty too)
missy

Post by missy »

forsythia has been out about two weeks, magnolias last week, dogwood and redbud really came out this week. Cherry is going full tilt......

As are my allergies!!! :sniffle: Of course, I'll be this way until the end of June, then start up again in August with ragweed.

Missy
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Darwin

Post by Darwin »

Seen lots of cherry, one giant wisteria, and bunches of things that I can't put a name to.

My son wants to plant another tree in the back yard to go with the pecan and the pistachio. I think dogwood would be great. I wonder how magnolia does this far north.
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

Funny you should mention it, Walden. We were thinking about cutting down a dogwood that hasn't bloomed to speak of since we moved into our house (this is the fifth spring). It's in a spot that we thought might be too shaded. Lo and behold, it's gonna have a full complement of bright pink blossoms this week, I think.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

Dogwoods here are just starting to bloom but the redbuds are in full regalia this week.

My 5 year old wisteria tree had it's first, and only bloom last year. I just checked it this afternoon and it's gonna have about 20 when it gets ready this year. Whooopeeeee :D

I can't wait till it's warm enough to open the windows at night and going to sleep to the sound of the frogs.

I love spring. It's my favorite time of year, getting outside, listening to the cattle grazing at night(you can hear them from my back porch ),watching the new calves playing in the evening, enjoying the returning warmth........
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Darwin wrote:I wonder how magnolia does this far north.
They do well where I live, in eastern Oklahoma.
Reasonable person
Walden
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

One of the things mentioned when people here travel "back East" for the first time is how green everything is - in our high desert climate we have to really work for our greenery. Luckily, we've had a lot of rain this spring and everything's going great guns - the early spring stuff just finished and now tulips, forsythia, and fruit trees are all flowering. I stepped out my front door yesterday and took a picture of the view - looking east over the tops of trees of every color - maroon, pink, yellow-green, and dark green, to the snow-capped mountains just a minute away. Gorgeous.

Susan

Why is the picture so small??? Any ideas?
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

We aren't going to have any plants at all if it doesn't rain soon. I discovered my little pine trees are already dying. I've gone on a massive watering campaign.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

susnfx wrote: Image
Why is the picture so small??? Any ideas?
The photo properties show it's only 96 x 54 pixels; maybe the one that got copied was the thumbnail, rather than the full-size image? With the online storage services it's easy to get a thumbnail by accident. I'd love to see it larger; it looks spectacular...
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Spring just literally burst forth here in the last couple of weeks. It happens so fast! My favorite here is the redbud tree. I just can't think of anything more beautiful.

Not my photo or my landscape, but still.....
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

Last spring I saw a lot of redbuds, but it does seem to be largely wisteria and dogwood this
year. I'm starting to wonder if Wisteria is trying to challenge Kudzu for the Climbing Vine
Olympics this year. Sure does smell good when I drive with my windows down...
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Here in North Lincolnshire, this very afternoon, the Cherry Blossom is already on the wane but the Rape seed is coming on nicely...

Sorry about the size..

Mrs.D is not even that big in real life :lol:

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

Beautiful pictures, MrD, and I'm so sorry about MrsD's hands...May I ask what happened to them? ;)

I'm going to try again to post another picture and hope it doesn't turn out to be a thumbnail. This is a photo of the bleeding heart in my garden - it's going gangbusters this year and is just beautiful.

Crap...trying again...
Susan