Feeling much better, thanks to ...

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Jerry Freeman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Feeling much better, thanks to ...

Post by Jerry Freeman »

... the best exercise device I've ever found.

I purchased this a week or so ago for $14.00. It's a spring loaded device with a "D" handle and buttons you manipulate with your thumb to lock and unlock the action. There's a nylon cable that scrolls out from the handle. On the end of the cable, you attach a ...

... dog.

Best wishes,
Jerry
Lorenzo
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Lorenzo »

What size did you get? You take it or does it take you? :D
Dazzle1

Post by Dazzle1 »

From my Avatar,

Jerry, when you are ready for the upgrade to the supersize version.

D
TomB

Re: Feeling much better, thanks to ...

Post by TomB »

Jerry Freeman wrote:... the best exercise device I've ever found.

I purchased this a week or so ago for $14.00. It's a spring loaded device with a "D" handle and buttons you manipulate with your thumb to lock and unlock the action. There's a nylon cable that scrolls out from the handle. On the end of the cable, you attach a ...

... dog.

Best wishes,
Jerry

...and here I thought you were going to say a.......mouse.

All the Best Tom
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Last but not leash, it will increase the strength of your hands!

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Jerry Freeman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

[size=lapdog]My mobile home handyman summed it up. Talking to the dog, he said, "You'd be dessert for my German shephard."[/size=lapdog]

Best wishes,
Jerry
Charlene

Post by Charlene »

Quick serious notes:

1. Never hold on to the cord when you are letting the dog have the full run of the leash. If he takes off and the cord is in your hands, or across your arms, or across your legs, you can get a really nasty rope burn.

2. Be sure the dog doesn't think this is a fun new chew toy. Our dog is on the 3rd one of these retractable leashes now. First one we didn't catch him chewing on the flat part of the leash in time, and one good pull and he was loose. Second one we noticed it was frayed and chewed on, but didn't have a chance to replace it before he went after a seagull. Again, if the leash does break, don't try and grab it as it flies back into the handle.

3. If you drop the leash on a hard surface check the handle for cracks. They can break. And the ones we've had have funny triangular screws so it's hard to disassemble them to fix anything.

Now that he's 5 years old he's a bit calmer and this latest leash has lasted a couple of years.

These are neat for letting the dog have a bit more freedom. If it's a small dog you may not have these problems - ours weighs 90 pounds and is part German shepard, part chow, and part husky. My husband usually takes him on walks, as he has pulled me right down a couple of times. At my age I don't fall gracefully.

Still, Petey is a nice dog.

Charlene