New Clansman

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
KDMARTINKY
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by KDMARTINKY »

Stacey:

With all do respect, I believe you are trying (or may I say have) started what you couldn't finish at GC.

There are only two community whistle forums with a large population of folks who buy your instruments and you have already lost one of them (GC) I would almost bet that you very close to being booted or ignored on this one (C&F) also.

In regards to being bought off on coin as you put it with Greg's statement as it relates to the Songbird. I also reviewed the instrument and as much as I love Chieftains, I would have indicated if it was a bad instrument or needed improvements and I believe by reading all of Greg's reviews that he would have done the same.

Stacey, at one time or another I have owned every instrument you have placed on the market and I feel that they are gorgeous instruments with a great sound (I do apologize for the inappropriate comment I made earlier in the thread) and although I no longer own any and I perfer another I can assure you was a choice I made years ago before I ever tested a instrument out for Phil (actually the Songbird is the only whistle I have ever officially tested for him).

In regards to Stewy's pic. I have seen worse by you in regards to avatar.

The bottom line is that the difference between a Chieftain/Kerry and an ALBA is the sound and there are folks which prefer ALBA's and those who prefer Chieftain/Kerry's.

So can we drop the accusations and start building some instruments! :boggle:
Keith

Bionn dha insint ar sceal agus leagon deag ar amhran
There are two versions of every story and twelve of every song
markbell
antispam: No

Post by markbell »

Cynth wrote:
JessieD wrote:The Clansman, huh?
Sounds really strange over here, but that "C" makes all the difference in the world.
Just got that one. Geez, I'm slow...
sibilo ergo sum
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

It took me awhile too---if JessieD hadn't commented I might not have given it much thought but then I realized it sounded strange and in the US you just wouldn't name something that ever---not even with the "C" I don't think. But I did a search and the term is used a lot in other places that don't have the same history we do but have other history where it is a good word. It's just too bad that "C" and "K" are pronounced the same way.
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

Cynth wrote:It took me awhile too---if JessieD hadn't commented I might not have given it much thought but then I realized it sounded strange and in the US you just wouldn't name something that ever---not even with the "C" I don't think. But I did a search and the term is used a lot in other places that don't have the same history we do but have other history where it is a good word. It's just too bad that "C" and "K" are pronounced the same way.
boy, i sure am slow...i got it just now...
curioso

Post by curioso »

Hey Stacey,

I don't have an Alba or that, er, other Alba, but I think I see the problem. You have a mutant sense of humor :o which requires a mutant cerebellum to perceive properly. I found your post extremely funny (I usually do!), :D but I fear others may misinterpret & see your wit & sarcasm as mean-spirited! :twisted:

Don't let the critics get you down! You do have fans, and not just your whistles! :D
Unseen122
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

PhilO wrote:
Unseen122 wrote:They look nice.
Stacey's whistles or the contents of Stewey's avatar?

Philo
:lol:

The whistles. Personally I have nothing against his avatar except for the fact that it is innappropriate for this board. Don't get me wrong on that I have nothing against somebody looking at a picture of breasts (or a flash movie and I mean macromedia so don't even think about making a joke about that) but this is supposed to be a family board.
StewySmoot

Post by StewySmoot »

Then the lady with the Bodacious "fipples" is no longer the avatar....
<a href="http://www.whistletotheworld.com/" target="_blank"> Whistle to the World</a>
Helping underprivileged kids learn music via the Irish Whistle.
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

StewySmoot wrote:Then the lady with the Bodacious "fipples" is no longer the avatar....
Now I can get some reading done. What was the topic?

Best wishes,
Jerry
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

:lol: Good point Stewy.

I didn't think your avatar was offensive. I say put it back. I understand the other point of view, but it just didn't seem outside what a person could easily see anywhere or anytime.
StewySmoot

Post by StewySmoot »

Heck, Cynth, you thought I was a woman!

:wink: :) :lol:

I smell a poll coming!
<a href="http://www.whistletotheworld.com/" target="_blank"> Whistle to the World</a>
Helping underprivileged kids learn music via the Irish Whistle.
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Cynth wrote::lol: Good point Stewy.

I didn't think your avatar was offensive. I say put it back. I understand the other point of view, but it just didn't seem outside what a person could easily see anywhere or anytime.
Very true Cynth,
'twas better than some ugly ould dog I suppose.. :lol: :lol:

Slan,
D. :wink:
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

The fact that you can see that anywhere you go should tell you something about the society we live in. I think a line should be draw somewhere because it does affend some people I know Stacey showed some offence at it meaning that it might affend more poeple. I personally don't have anything against it except for the fact that it was affending some people.
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

I've spent many a late evening gazing at Smoot's avatar and practicing my Swiss accent..

:love:
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Stewy wrote:Heck, Cynth, you thought I was a woman!
Well, doesn't that just go to show....err, yes, that's exactly....uhh,..... :lol:
dubhlinn wrote:'twas better than some ugly ould dog I suppose..
I hope, sir, (ummm, I hope you are a sir, that was the impression I had but you never know, [see above]), as I said, I hope you are not refering to the very fine French Bulldog I use for my avatar. Rarely would one see such a sensitive face among those of the human race. :wink:
Unseen122 wrote:Stacey showed some offence at it
I wonder if perhaps Stacey was joking.
Her signature:
" Stacey has the most bodacious fipples!
><)))*>----<*(((><"
seems rather suggestive to me. I wasn't offended by it but I don't think I misunderstood it. I don't think that could be a picture of a whistle could it? I don't know.
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

Wanderer wrote:I've spent many a late evening gazing at Smoot's avatar and practicing my Swiss accent..

:love:
again...i don't get it...sigh

i liked that avatar too. made me crave for milk. :D