FS - 8 whistles left...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
JessieK
antispam: No

FS - 8 whistles left...

Post by JessieK »

I love these instruments, and almost every one is good enough to be someone’s ONLY one. I am selling most of them at under retail, but some of them are just too rare/special for that. Buyers will pay actual shipping costs. I can take personal checks within the US. US and everywhere else: bank checks or money orders in US dollars, credit cards for an extra 4% or PayPal for an extra 3%.

WHISTLES (listed by maker, in alphabetical order):

~Abell High f, Blackwood and Silver:
A beautiful little whistle with a perfectly sweet, strong (but not piercing) tone. I am an idiot for selling this. $325 with case.

~Boisvert Cocobolo Early d: This is a truly sweet whistle, not too loud, plays perfectly. Brass slide and rings. $175.

~Burke Composite Narrow Bore d:
Very sweet, not too loud. $95

~Copeland Nickel Eb:
Also very sweet, a lovely little whistle. $230.

~Humphrey A:
Delrin mouthpiece, brushed brass tube. A delightful whistle. $95.

~Humphrey Wide Bore d:
Another great whistle, on par with the best . $90.

~Schultz Blackwood Thin Weasel d:
I have had this for about 6 years. It is a strong whistle. I used it to call my cats home when they stayed out too long. It has a beautiful, rich tone. Smells great, too. $290.

~Sweet Dymondwood whistle/fife Combination:
The whistle is loud, but very nice. The fife is very sweet with a lovely, perfect oval embouchure. Dymondwood is a laminated wood, filled in with resin. It’s weather-proof. Nice set. $165.

MISC INSTRUMENTS:

~Eklute Whistle Headjoint for Boehm Flute:
They stopped making these in the 1980s. It was before most of us got into whistles. This is a great tool. It’ll turn your Boehm flute into a chromatic Low whistle. It has a hard rubber mouthpiece (like the material of clarinet mouthpieces) and a silverplated tube. I have two of them. $265 each.

~David Wimberly Sterling Silver Boehm Flute Headjoint: The maker spent many years training in Indiana. He now focuses on these silver (and sometimes gold) headjoints. He cuts the embouchure in such a way as to make it sound more like a wood head than a metal one. It has an amazingly strong low register and an easily accessible high register. This is a wonderfully unique head. I bought it from the maker at Boxwood Flute Campin Nova Scotia a couple of years ago. $800.

~Burkart and Phelan Grenadilla and Silver (Boehm) Piccolo Headjoint:
I bought this on a Burkart and Phelan piccolo, with another head also. I sold the piccolo with the other head and kept the one I liked more. I have an antique piccolo now, and I use a Keefe piccolo head with it. Anyway, this one is a traditional cut and it’s really terrific. A great upgrade for most piccolos. $440.

~2 Improved Plastic Recorders:
I got these from The Antique Sound Workshop in Plymouth, MA. They were tweaked with time-tested methods to play to fairly high standards (for plastic instruments). There’s an Aulos and a Stanesby Junior. Both are soprano (descant) recorders. I paid close to $50 for them. $24.

E-mail if interested. E-mails will be answered before Private Messages.

Thanks for reading this LONG post!

:)
Last edited by JessieK on Mon May 16, 2005 7:25 am, edited 40 times in total.
~JessieD
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Cripeys Jessie! Just what is this miracle flute you're getting? Must be pretty terrific...
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

It'll be a true work of art. :) I will get it in two years (not because of a waiting list, but because it will take that long for the maker to create it, as he has other pursuits, too). I expect it to be in a museum 1000 years from now, unless ALL of my descendants have children.

By the way, when something sells, I delete the listing. That will probably work out most efficiently.
~JessieD
The Weekenders
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by The Weekenders »

:boggle: :boggle: :boggle: :boggle: :boggle: :boggle:

Let me think about this (hatches plan for bank robbery). Hmmm.....Kids don't really need to go to college....I don't really need gas to get to work....hmmm.....

The horror......
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
KDMARTINKY

Post by KDMARTINKY »

Jesse:

I'm waiting for you to put up for sale the good stuff. :lol:
Keith

Bionn dha insint ar sceal agus leagon deag ar amhran
There are two versions of every story and twelve of every song
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

JessieK wrote:It'll be a true work of art. :) I will get it in two years (not because of a waiting list, but because it will take that long for the maker to create it, as he has other pursuits, too). I expect it to be in a museum 1000 years from now, unless ALL of my descendants have children.
:o You're getting one of these??!!:

Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
avanutria
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

JessieK wrote:By the way, when something sells, I delete the listing. That will probably work out most efficiently.
And that way there will be less moaning because people won't know what they missed out on. :P
Jayhawk
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Post by Jayhawk »

I don't think a Michael Flatley costs as much as Jessie is trying to save...

And Weekenders, don't forget each child comes with two kidneys, they only really need one...coincidence, I think not.

Eric
whistleboy

Post by whistleboy »

Being an accountant, I can't help but noticing that if you received your asking price for everything you have for sale you would net $16,450. I hope your new flute is solid gold or platinum. Or perhaps kryptonite. :o

Enjoy :D
Here's to our wives and girlfriends: May they never meet!
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

whistleboy wrote:Being an accountant, I can't help but noticing that if you received your asking price for everything you have for sale you would net $16,450.
I've been deleting things as they've sold. What you've added is just what's left.

Yeah, it's a costly flute.
~JessieD
StewySmoot

Post by StewySmoot »

Selling all your whistles?

Boehmer!
<a href="http://www.whistletotheworld.com/" target="_blank"> Whistle to the World</a>
Helping underprivileged kids learn music via the Irish Whistle.
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

No, not selling all of my whistles. Just most of them.
~JessieD
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

StewySmoot wrote:Selling all your whistles?

Boehmer!
Boehmer-- cute one Stewy.

Seriously Jessie, what type (maker) of flute are you getting? Do they have a website?
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

I don't know if I am at liberty to discuss it publicly, as the maker is not taking orders. Yes, he has a website. Think "Art Nouveau." :wink:
~JessieD
ErikT

Post by ErikT »

A pretty flute with levers sculpted like leaves perhaps? And shaped cups, too?