mhhhhhhhh..yummy

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
amar
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

mhhhhhhhh..yummy

Post by amar »

am drinking this now, it's great, anyone had it before?
emmline

Post by emmline »

What does it have to do with Antarctica? And please translate tudo pede.
amar

Post by amar »

emmline wrote:What does it have to do with Antarctica? And please translate tudo pede.
haven't got a clue, the can i have doesn't say antarctica, neither tudo pebo (or whatever), but it has the red label and the rest is the same to. tastes yummy. :)

correction, it does say antarctica, just somewhere else on the red label. well, i'm glad we could talk about it. :D
Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

I thought this thread was going to be about THE haggis.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

http://www.guarana.com/facts.html
Facts & Fiction

Guarana contains a high amount of guaranine, a chemical substance with the same characteristics as caffeine. This makes Guarana a stimulant similar to coffee, which means that it:

quickens perceptions
delays sleep
helps with endurance based activities
can help to recover from a hangover
impairs the appetite
will lead to more frequent visits to the toilet
causes a higher blood pressure and an increased heart rate
can make you feel jittery and may prevent sleep at all.

Guarana is not:

a 'miracle medicine'
a dangerous drug
an easy way to lose weight
a vitamin
a food supplement

Not proven by scientific research, but some users state that:

Guarana is a 'Smart Drug'
Guarana is an aphrodisiac :wink: :wink: :wink: [I think we get it now!]
their health improved thanks to guarana

Dangers:

Theoretically, it is possible to overdose on caffeine or guarana. The fatal dose has been estimated at 10 grams of pure caffeine / guaranine (taken at once!). Guarana seeds contain maximal 10% caffeine, so when you would swallow at least 100 grams guarana seeds at once, things start to look ugly. Our advice: don't even think about it.
To put all of this in perspective: the average cup of coffee contains 65-130 milligrams of caffeine; some very strong guarana-based syrups can contain up to 350 milligrams. Look at our caffeine chart for more info.
People with cardiac problems or a high blood pressure should avoid Guarana (and smoking or drinking coffee, for that matter) When in doubt - consult your doctor.
As with all stimulants, dependency may occur.
Chemical composition of Guarana seeds:

Vegetable fiber: 49.125 %
Reddish resin: 8.800 %
Starch: 8.350 %
Water: 7.650 %
Pectin, malic acid, mucilage, dextrin, salts: 7.470 %
Guarana-tannic acid: 5.902 %
Caffeine: 5.388 %
Yellowish steady oil: 2.950 %
Pyro-guarana acid: 2.750 %
Reddish colorant: 1.520 %
Amorphous substances: 0.606 %
Saponin: 0.060 %
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

Cynth wrote: Reddish resin: 8.800 %
Yellowish steady oil: 2.950 %
Reddish colorant: 1.520 %
:o Reddish resin! Yellowish steady oil!! Mmm-mmm! Oh boy-oh-oh-boy-oh-boy! I gotta get me some of that!
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
amar

Post by amar »

hey! it tastes good! that's why i drink it!!! :x
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Wikipedia says:
Guano (from the Quechua 'wanu') is the name given to the collected droppings of seabirds and bats. It can be used as an effective fertilizer due to its high levels of nitrogen. Soil that is deficient in organic matter can be made much more productive by addition of this manure. Guano consists of ammonia, along with uric, phosphoric, oxalic, and carbonic acids, as well as some earth salts and impurities. The high concentration of nitrates also made guano an important strategic commodity.

Guano is harvested on various islands in the Pacific (for example the Chincha Islands and Nauru) and in other oceans (for example Juan de Nova Island). These islands have been home to mass seabird colonies for many centuries, and the guano has collected to a depth of many metres.

Guano has been harvested over several centuries along the coast of Peru, where islands and rocky shores have been sheltered from humans and predators and administered by private and state companies. The Guanay cormorant has historically been the most important producer of guano; its guano also tends to be more rich in nitrogen than guano from other seabirds. Other important guano producing species off the coast of Peru are the Peruvian Pelican and the Peruvian booby.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Found one of these Monday afternoon--a Pitch Black Dew. I'd seen it before, but it looked so revolting that I'd never tried it. Desperation drove me to it--the only other choices were southern-sweet Pepsi and original Dew (pfoo!).

The label doesn't do it justice, nor does the manufacturer's description, which says it's "grape." Nothing could be farther from the truth! It's blackberry. Blackberry wine with a fizz.

Just my luck, it's a limited edition and the one bottle I found at Petsmart was left over from Halloween.

And whatever happened to Pepsi Blue? It was wonderful. Blueberry club soda. I'd developed a mid-afternoon Pepsi Blue habit at work. One day, there was only one left in the cooler. I mentioned it to the hospital store's manager--you're totally at her mercy regarding any product they carry--who gloatingly replied "And it's the last one you're gonna see in HERE. That stuff's nasty!"

:sniffle:
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Flyingcursor wrote:Wikipedia says:
Guano (from the Quechua 'wanu') is the name given to the collected droppings of seabirds and bats. It can be used as an effective fertilizer due to its high levels of nitrogen. Soil that is deficient in organic matter can be made much more productive by addition of this manure. Guano consists of ammonia, along with uric, phosphoric, oxalic, and carbonic acids, as well as some earth salts and impurities. The high concentration of nitrates also made guano an important strategic commodity.

Guano is harvested on various islands in the Pacific (for example the Chincha Islands and Nauru) and in other oceans (for example Juan de Nova Island). These islands have been home to mass seabird colonies for many centuries, and the guano has collected to a depth of many metres.

Guano has been harvested over several centuries along the coast of Peru, where islands and rocky shores have been sheltered from humans and predators and administered by private and state companies. The Guanay cormorant has historically been the most important producer of guano; its guano also tends to be more rich in nitrogen than guano from other seabirds. Other important guano producing species off the coast of Peru are the Peruvian Pelican and the Peruvian booby.
So you are saying that amar is drinking excrement? Or did I miss something? I knew I should have avoided this thread....I feel rather queasy now :P
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
amar

Post by amar »

guano and guarana is NOT the same thing! :swear:
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

amar wrote:guano and guarana is NOT the same thing! :swear:
well, don't yell at ME! It was Flydood that said it :P But I am glad that you're not drinking excrement, amar. My opinion of you has gone up again :wink:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
djm

Post by djm »

amar wrote:guano and guarana is NOT the same thing!
Of course not! Guarana is an extract of excrement. Totally different!

:D
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Green peepee. Not for me thankx.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

It is red. Isn't it? :-?