That would be "crozier"

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
emmline
antispam: No

Post by emmline »

That's just religious type spelling. Ain't you never heard of Gladly the cross-eyed bear?
Bloomfield
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Bloomfield »

I am sitting here, playing Farewell my Frontal Lobe (great tune) and my ears are ringing. First off all, Feadan, it was a bargain. Really, you try and get another lobotomy that cheap anywhere else. How was I supposed to know your HMO wouldn't cover the procedure? And at least you haven't been hearing those voices anymore. ;)

Cynth: that's all right, happy to. Very gracious of you to call it "explaining," too, I am sure. :)
/Bloomfield
Feadan
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Feadan »

Bloomfield wrote:And at least you haven't been hearing those voices anymore. ;)
Too true. Now I only see them. I suppose I should count my blessings. But I still recognize the color of their chant, "Kill zem...you must kill zem all!". I mean...whats up with that?

Cheers (& slobber),
David
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

Reminds me of that awful disaster movie that had the words "Marshall Law" captioning a TV report....

"Crow's ear"...that's just plain bad. It's not even pronounced like that...more like "crohzher."

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
IRTradRU?
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by IRTradRU? »

emmline wrote:That's just religious type spelling. Ain't you never heard of Gladly the cross-eyed bear?
How about,

"Blessed art thou, a monk swimming..."

:)
IRTradRU?
Roger O'Keeffe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

A few days before the Pope died, one of my daughters informed me that his health had evidently deteriorated because "they read him his last rights last night".

She obviously watches too many American detective movies on TV.
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Roger O'Keeffe wrote:A few days before the Pope died, one of my daughters informed me that his health had evidently deteriorated because "they read him his last rights last night".

She obviously watches too many American detective movies on TV.
:lol: :lol: Oh, that one is good!!!! I hope that, in his deteriorated state, that they didn't cuff him. That would have been a bit TOO much ;)
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

emmline wrote:That's just religious type spelling. Ain't you never heard of Gladly the cross-eyed bear?
and that fine old song "I will make you vicious old men".
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

A crow's ear would be very small, and invisible under feathers. Maybe he should try a crow's foot. They get bigger as you get older.
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

Feadan wrote: Re: "Crow's Ear" this fellow Ian Fisher has been covering the Pope for The New York Times since long before John Paul II's death. You would think either he would have done his homework or an editor would have caught something so outrageously wrong.
This is something that disturbs me about reporters. I have seen reports in papers from the Science correspondents that anyone who has done anything in science could tell something just wasn't right. When I think of reporting I think of a semi expert in a field explaining something at a 7th grade level to the greater public. Specialty fields, such as journals, can jump up to the 12th grade, but for common news a person should be reporting at a level higher than the general publics knowledge base in a way that can be under stood. It is telling when you pick up any magazine that has lasted for 50+ years and compare the content of the magazine then and now.

Instead of informed, clear writing, the throughly explains something, I see more desire to throw in clever headlines and metaphors that are bad puns on the story. An example was NPR was reporting on how the FBI missed communications that indicated the world trade center plane hijacking was probable the reporter couldn't resist saying that “the communications got under the FBI's radar”.

Oh and I can forgive the occasional spelling error, computer glitch that alters the page, and mistake. It is the pattern of things that indicate either a refusal to change for the better or the placing the importance of clever over good reporting.

“Slow motion Walter the fire engine guy” is my favorite Hendrix song.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
brianormond

Post by brianormond »

MarkB-I believe Roger Crozier was a Red Wing goalie in the Gordy Howe years, playing when home in the old Olympia rink. I saw him play just once there, but his energy was a good match for Howe, the team star.

Here's his web page from the Red Wings site:
http://www.detroitredwings.com/history/ ... rozier.jsp