How do you spell disgust?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Flyingcursor
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

How do you spell disgust?

Post by Flyingcursor »

Last edited by Flyingcursor on Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Charlene

Post by Charlene »

When I clicked on your link I got the 404 page not found and it went to the main page - yet clicking on the link there for human body and then the survey worked. Wonder if it's because you ended the url with a period? Picky computers.
Charlene
Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

Teeth with maggots! Yikes! I hope that can't happen if you brush your teeth regularly.
Darwin

Post by Darwin »

Cynth wrote:Teeth with maggots! Yikes! I hope that can't happen if you brush your teeth regularly.
Hmm. I just finished breakfast. Maybe I'll hold off taking the quiz for a couple of hours. :roll:
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

Cynth wrote:Teeth with maggots! Yikes! I hope that can't happen if you brush your teeth regularly.
Only if you brush them with maggots :twisted:
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Eeeeeeeeeeeew!!!!! :o
Unseen122
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

That was an odd test.
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

i've seen many awful things...but those maggots....god, that was nauseating..
Paul

Post by Paul »

amar wrote:i've seen many awful things...but those maggots....god, that was nauseating..
I never would have imagined... Jaysus. Now I have to suppress that image from my mind. The quiz indicated that I probably wouldn't want to share a beer with that guy. :lol: :lol:
Sunnywindo

Post by Sunnywindo »

Mommy! That man is trying to make me throw up! (*in whiney voice*)

Eewwwwwww!

:o Sara (*who isn't even going to click on the link to peek based off of the responses from others*)
'I wish it need not have happend in my time,' said Frodo.
'So do I,' said Gandalf, 'and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.'

-LOTR-
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Well, I won't print the picture to spare us all but this is a description of what happened:

The elderly Israeli man in the photograph is thought to have been infected when he sat down under a tree to sleep. A sarcophagid or 'flesh' fly crawled inside his mouth and deposited its live larvae in the gaps between his gums and teeth.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/ ... gust.shtml
Paul

Post by Paul »

Cynth wrote:Well, I won't print the picture to spare us all but this is a description of what happened:

The elderly Israeli man in the photograph is thought to have been infected when he sat down under a tree to sleep. A sarcophagid or 'flesh' fly crawled inside his mouth and deposited its live larvae in the gaps between his gums and teeth.

Herregud! I thought it was an animal's teeth. *shudder* Poor guy. :sniffle:
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Well, I think he got medical treatment right away----otherwise they wouldn't have that photo. But I'm sure it was horrible for him. Just don't sleep outside with your mouth open.
Sunnywindo wrote:Eewwwwwww!
This is the spelling I have been looking for.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Cynth wrote:The elderly Israeli man in the photograph is thought to have been infected when he sat down under a tree to sleep. A sarcophagid or 'flesh' fly crawled inside his mouth and deposited its live larvae in the gaps between his gums and teeth.

Probably the least threatening of all. Self-limiting, too. Well, at least not contagious. Not really. Haul the little guys out of there and everything's fine. Or wait for them to pupate--they'll drop out on their own. :D

At which point, you can put them in a jar and wait to see what they turn into. :D :D

Heh. I have touched most of those things, albeit with a sturdy pair or two of latex gloves.

And not just once . . . nor by accident! :wink:

Being a parasitologist can be very handy during the holiday season. I am never, absolutely NEVER, asked to bring food to potlucks. Even now that I am doing other, less gruesome things, I make sure to mention my former occupation--to which I am sadly allergic, although I'm delighted to now be doing something that pays better--right about November 1 every year. Never fails.

That toothbrush question kind of got me, though.
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

ok......I WAS going to take this quiz of yours, Flydooooood. But now, I think that it would be better to just stay away :boggle: If it made amar sick, that's saying something :P
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.