12-year-old nabbed for printing $1 bills

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Lambchop
antispam: No

Post by Lambchop »

dubhlinn wrote:
Peggy wrote:
amar wrote: i wouldn't eat neither..

I'm sorry, I'm perhaps missing the difference between Biltong Woman and the Tenderloin Chicks . . . look exactly the same to me . . . you'll happily bite B.W.'s rear portions, but pass on the Tenderloins?

Must be a guy thing . . . :roll:
I'm not into biting, Biltongs or Tenderloins.
Apart from that I'm fairly normal..

Slan,
D.
No, we know you're normal, Dub. You're Irish.

It was Amar who appeared to have conflicted interests. I'm curious to know the difference between the two species . . . what is it that distinguishes them?

Well, apart from two of them having the misfortune to appreciate Gunther. That's clear even to me.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

So, there I was, looking for lutefisk on the Prairie Home Companion webpage . . . and I found lots of lutefisk . . . but also found this:

Sounds like this would make you a useful addition to your local session!
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

peggy, you should be sleeping!
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

amar wrote:peggy, you should be sleeping!
No, I should be grading papers. :D

All last week I had to actually think at work--an unusual week, as I can usually go for a month or two without thinking--and I'm afraid I overtaxed my brain. It was fried on Friday afternoon, so I went to sleep at 8 p.m. Slept straight through to 7 p.m. tonight. At least, I think I slept straight through. I found evidence of having been up in the morning, but I don't recall it.

I'm definitely awake now.
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

I'd say the boy has a good career in the photo editing business. Maybe Komrad Bush can use him to provide photographic evidence of our misbehavior.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
jbarter
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by jbarter »

You still have dollar bills??!!?? That's about 53 pence. The smallest paper money we have is five quid, that's about $9.50. Anything smaller only comes in coins.
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

jbarter wrote:You still have dollar bills??!!?? That's about 53 pence. The smallest paper money we have is five quid, that's about $9.50. Anything smaller only comes in coins.
Some in the government would like to replace them with coins, and have made efforts to do so, with little success. People treat American dollar coins as collectors' items. The recent Sacagawea dollars have already gone out of production (other than proofs intended for collectors).

When I lived in the Philippines (1980's-90's) there were 2 peso notes in circulation, which were worth around US10 cents. At the time, there were all sorts of different designs of currency and coins in circulation, with some actual silver coins still in circulation. Reforms were made about the time I left, as it was realized that face value was far less than the value of the metals. What had been huge coins were miniaturized to a small fraction of the size, and the older coins have since been completely taken out of circulation.
Reasonable person
Walden
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Peggy wrote:So, there I was, looking for lutefisk on the Prairie Home Companion webpage . . . and I found lots of lutefisk . . . but also found this:

Sounds like this would make you a useful addition to your local session!

Confederacy of Dunces AND Prarie Home Companion? Wow. I'm thunderstruck.

Speaking of Lake Woebegon, the best lutefisk in the US is from Glenwood MN. Mike's Lutefisk.
Me and the Mrs. travel there each year and stock up on 50 to 60 lbs of pure Lutefisk goodness.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm