Many Uilleann pipers have lost their only contacts w/others

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
GaryKelly
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by GaryKelly »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:I wish you every success as a leading member of the "C&F Decency Liberation Front".
CFDLF? Listen mate, you really 'ave to 'ate the Romans to join the CFDLF! Romanus Eunt Domus!
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

Lorenzo wrote:Too little too late. Someone has already taken a third of your congregation and headed down to earth. Turn the archives into a book. Call it The Up and Ups Bible. :)
What a crock.

They'll be back.
Joseph E. Smith
antispam: No

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

GaryKelly wrote:
Joseph E. Smith wrote:I wish you every success as a leading member of the "C&F Decency Liberation Front".
CFDLF? Listen mate, you really 'ave to 'ate the Romans to join the CFDLF! Romanus Eunt Domus!
:lol:
Tony
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

Whistlin'Dixie wrote:What a crock.

They'll be back.

Be nice.

How would you feel if you frequented a message board for nearly 4 years that had hundreds of members that participated. It was the most active place for us to come and exchange ideas as well as keeping in touch musicially.
Then for some unknown reason 2-3 get into a petty discussion that locks the board.
No one 'wanted' to leave.
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

Re: Lorenzo's comment.

I repeat ~ They'll be back.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

We really don't need to dwell on the question of whether pipers might take up residence elsewhere. When the C&F UP forum is unlocked, it will either last or it won't. If it does, fine, if it doesn't, and particularly if people find some other place that works, fine. I've been doing this many years--If the whole C&F enterprise collapsed, I'd be able to find something to do to fill the hours.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Typically American worrier. Honestly. Someone has to do it.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

GaryKelly wrote:
Yeah! We're not the bloody C&F Decency Liberation Front! We're the C&F Front for Decency Liberation (CFFDL)! And while you're at it, stay away from the Decency Liberation Front of C&F (DLFCF)!

Dale
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

DaleWisely wrote:
GaryKelly wrote:
Yeah! We're not the bloody C&F Decency Liberation Front! We're the C&F Front for Decency Liberation (CFFDL)! And while you're at it, stay away from the Decency Liberation Front of C&F (DLFCF)!

Dale
DLFCF? Splitters!
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
Paul Reid

Post by Paul Reid »

How about the title "Uill-a-bomber"?

Dale, your work here is phenomenal and your service to the community is GREATLY appreciated! Whatever the outcome, thanks a million.
PR

c[]|________||___o__o__O___o__O__º__º__||_]
      \\
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

DaleWisely wrote:If the whole C&F enterprise collapsed, I'd be able to find something to do to fill the hours.
I wouldn't. :(
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

GaryKelly wrote:
DaleWisely wrote:
GaryKelly wrote: CFDLF? Listen mate, you really 'ave to 'ate the Romans to join the CFDLF! Romanus Eunt Domus!

Dale
DLFCF? Splitters!
What is your quest? What is your favorite colour? ........ sorry, whenever I forget the lines of a particular Python flick, I automatically revert to the Holy Grail... I think it is a panic response. :D
Brian Lee
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Brian Lee »

Let's just cricify the dissidents and all start whistling! Anyway this is all boring - let's go to the stoning! Yeah yeah, that's right, gimme ah, two with points, a big flat one and a packet a gravel!
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Whistlin'Dixie wrote:They'll be back.
They'll be back alright, with revenge! :D I might creep in for a minute and play "hello darkness my old friend" on the pipes, and look around nostalgically at all the graffiti on the empty walls.
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

The lock seems to be off.

And a new moderator has joined the ranks.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."