I...uh....I.....uh....I'd just like to say....uh...

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh dear, I'm so sorry.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Lambchop
antispam: No

Post by Lambchop »

Flyingcursor wrote:
Peggy wrote: The latter is Ignatius Reilly.

You've read A Confederacy of Dunces???? One of the funniest novels I've ever read. Along with Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
Yes, I have read it. <Becomes aware that she has shifted into a Southern magnolia accent, smiles, and extracts a tattered copy from the more cluttered bookcase, pointing out that the author, John Kennedy Toole, won the Pulitzer Prize posthumously> I've read it several times! It's one of my all-time favorites. I've worn out, given away, and lost a number of copies.

It is an utterly hysterical novel. So perfectly New Orleans. Spent 7 years there in the same neighborhoods while going to school. I can hear it, see it, and smell it. <Fondly recalls the rum-soaked grease and oysters aroma of wet French Quarter streets and hotdog wagons> Although I try not to think about smelling Ignatius. And I'm very happy not to have picked up that particular accent.

FaLiLV is good? I'll have to read it.
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

Peggy wrote:Thus reminding me that there is something else that goes really nicely with rumply jersey and faded jeans.
Tousled hair, a Saturday-casual growth of beard, and . . . dare I say it? . . . why, yes, I think I just might! . . . anatomy books.
Gorgeous traditional tomes like Clemente's Gray's . . . mmmmmmm! Latin and . . . and . . . whatever other language you want . . . but Latin and big and solid. . . and beautifully done . . .
Ooooh!
'

You're killing me here, Peggy, really. I love the turn this thread has taken, I truly do. Justice. Excellent job, ladies all. :wink:
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

hmmmph...we still don't know who the flute-babe is...
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Peggy wrote:
Yes, I have read it. <Becomes aware that she has shifted into a Southern magnolia accent, smiles, and extracts a tattered copy from the more cluttered bookcase, pointing out that the author, John Kennedy Toole, won the Pulitzer Prize posthumously> I've read it several times! It's one of my all-time favorites. I've worn out, given away, and lost a number of copies.

It is an utterly hysterical novel. So perfectly New Orleans. Spent 7 years there in the same neighborhoods while going to school. I can hear it, see it, and smell it. <Fondly recalls the rum-soaked grease and oysters aroma of wet French Quarter streets and hotdog wagons> Although I try not to think about smelling Ignatius. And I'm very happy not to have picked up that particular accent.

FaLiLV is good? I'll have to read it.
I've read it three times. I had two copies but apparently something happened to them. I'll have to try to find another. Would you like Ignatius better if he wore a cotton jersey? Last time I read it I kept going around saying, "My valve! My valve is acting up!" Nobody had any idea what I meant.

FaLiLV is probably only good if you can identify with mind altering nature of the story. Not that I ever could.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

amar wrote:hmmmph...we still don't know who the flute-babe is...
Found this on the web:

Family Name: Steetz
First Name: Marvella
Siblings: Big sister Norma, younger sister Luscia
Likes: Music, sports, beer, sex, and the way men smell after a hard day's work.
Dislikes: chick-flicks, shopping, anatomy books, cologne, men with beards, anything latin.
Favourite food: Whatever he wants me to cook.
Favourite TV show: Too busy foolin' around for TV.
Favourite Movie Character: Gollum.
Favourite clothes: Anything small, tight and comfortable. Less is more!
Ambition: To play a real Irish Keyless flute, not one these stupid Boehm clackophones.

:)
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

mhhhhhhhhh, my type of gal...

:wink:
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Found this on the internet:

Name: Polly Styrene
Weight: 98.6 lbs.
Education: 10th grade
Favorite tune: "Mary Had a Little Wooly?"
Favorite word: "Zeenuth"
Favorite colour: "Kocky"
Turn-ons: attention, cigarettes, internet
Turn-offs: parents
Goals: "find some guy with lots of money"
Horoscope: Pisces
Favorite Band: Atomic Teens
Favorite things: parties, Chris, twisted demons
Favorite snack: Jelly Beans, Chris, Capt'n Crunch, Chris
Good habits: Chris
Bad habits: Avery
Favorite TV: Inuyasha.. Mwahaha
Favorite animal: snakes, teddybears
Favorite clothes: shrinkle
Dilemmas: want to live--want to die
Fears: "to never be loved," crosses, pain, "getting beetreyed"
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

New registration for Belly Dance Classes: New Belly Dance Classes are starting on Thurs. Jan., 13, 2005 in the Ranchers Hall for 8 weeks. Kindergarten to Gr. 2 - 3:00 to 3:30pm - $25.00; Gr. 3 to Gr. 4 - 3:30 to 4:15pm - $30.00; Gr. 5 to Gr. 7 - 4:15 &#150; 5:00pm - $30.00; Gr. 8 to Adult - 8:00 to 9:00pm - $35.00. Early registration until the 5th of Jan, $5.00 off. For more information or registration please call Dagmar @ 931-2228.

Wavier Form: The applicant agrees that Dagmar Steetz, will not be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss however caused and agrees to release Dagmar Steez from all claims which may arise as a result of, or by reason of, accident or loss.

Child&#146;s name:___________________________________________ Grade:___________________________________

Phone number:___________________________________ Email address:___________________________________

____________________stays right after school until the lesson starts, there will be no supervision for those children that arrive before or stay after a lesson.

Parent/Guardian Signature:_______________________________________________ Date:_____________________

Please sign this and give it back to Dagmar or to one of the Steetz girls, before the first belly dance lesson starts.
Apparently the Steetz girls have many talents.http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache:Bs ... eetz&hl=enSorry, no pictures.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

amar wrote:mhhhhhhhhh, my type of gal...

Did you not notice the . . . pushup . . . ??
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Peggy wrote:
amar wrote:mhhhhhhhhh, my type of gal...

Did you not notice the . . . pushup . . . ??
Oh good grief! :roll: Real women don't need one of those. But not just any man can do rumpled, that's for sure :wink:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Ohhh, I get it.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

izzarina wrote:
Peggy wrote:Did you not notice the . . . pushup . . . ??
Oh good grief! :roll: Real women don't need one of those. But not just any man can do rumpled, that's for sure :wink:

Exactly. There simply wouldn't be room.

No, you're right. Either they have it, or they don't . . . it slips too easily from deliciously warm and inviting to . . . oh, dear! . . . inviting bacterial overgrowth.
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Peggy wrote:
izzarina wrote:
Peggy wrote:Did you not notice the . . . pushup . . . ??

Exactly. There simply wouldn't be room.

No, you're right. Either they have it, or they don't . . . it slips too easily from deliciously warm and inviting to . . . oh, dear! . . . inviting bacterial overgrowth.
exactly :twisted:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Having spent quite some time perusing the photography . . . <she smiles shyly> . . . on the LLBean and Eddie Bauer websites . . . to admire their fine 100% cotton, prelaundered, high-rumple-potential products and . . . and yes, cosy gray wool socks . . . <trying to be accommodating to the traditional spellers with that "cosy," as well as to y'all in the frozen north--did you notice?> . . . and expecting to find similar and possibly even better delights at Cabela's . . . <they employ models> . . . her venture came to a skidding halt when she found THIS!!!

Now she understands why men are soooo confused! The poor things! They've been misled! It's no wonder they boast about their socks! What choice do they have?

They've become pheromone-impaired due to the atrocities of modern marketing!

Just look! Brace yourself, ladies, the horror is extreme!

Cabela's MTP Series Performance Underwear with Scent Eliminator

Rats! The [img] thing didn't work . . . clearly they are trying to hide these atrocities from the female population! . . . so go to www.cabelas.com and do a keyword search for IF-901469. Yes, that's a keyword search, not the other kind.

Isn't it awful! I feel . . . I feel . . . well, nearly in tears is what I feel. They're not only going to be boasting about their socks, but we're going to be forever deprived of . . . of . . . :cry: . . . that special scent!

Edited to correct a misspelling! I was so upset!
Last edited by Lambchop on Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.