Something I've Been Wondering About...

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

Well, I haven't really succeeded in answering the original question exactly, but this is a machine used for making solid or hollow gumballs. Unfortunately, I can't find out exactly how the hollow is made----there are some light colored drawings above the ball forming machine but I don't know what they show exactly. It does look like the cross section of a hollow ball, but I don't really see how they made it. After the production line is the ball making machine itself, along with a little man (I forget what those models are called). Then there is a closeup of someone doing something, I wish I could say it was putting air inside the balls or holding the space still, but I have no idea. I really need to get a life.

ImageImageImage
Jack

Post by Jack »

FJohnSharp wrote:Space is always standing still. It's the rest of the stuff that's moving.
I agree.
Flyingcursor
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

I'd think some kind of space grabbing tweezer is used to grasp the space wherein it's injected with a tranquilizer to keep it from flopping while the gumball is wrapped around it.

Band Nerd - You'll catch on quick enough. Just keep posting.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Jack

Post by Jack »

Flyingcursor wrote:I'd think some kind of space grabbing tweezer is used to grasp the space wherein it's injected with a tranquilizer to keep it from flopping while the gumball is wrapped around it.

Band Nerd - You'll catch on quick enough. Just keep posting.
Don't you think space is too large to fit in tweezers?
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

That's what THEY'd like you to think. Actually you can amputate little parts of it with those special tweezers.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
emmline

Post by emmline »

I can't believe you all have missed this. Look at Cynth's diagram again. Right above the "ball forming machine" you'll see, in light but visible print, a picture of the Coke bottle ray-gun they use to stun the space prior to wrapping it in a gumballishious coating.
Coke bottle ray guns, unfortunately, emit dangerous radiation and can only be safely handled by poseable artists' figures. Hence, the multi-jointed machine operator shown.
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

emmline wrote:I can't believe you all have missed this. Look at Cynth's diagram again. Right above the "ball forming machine" you'll see, in light but visible print, a picture of the Coke bottle ray-gun they use to stun the space prior to wrapping it in a gumballishious coating.
Coke bottle ray guns, unfortunately, emit dangerous radiation and can only be safely handled by poseable artists' figures. Hence, the multi-jointed machine operator shown.
thank you em! We can always count on you to find out the answers to these mysteries :)
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

emmline, I know I feel things have now been completely clarified. Those little coke bottles were making me crazy. Thank you!!!!!
emmline

Post by emmline »

It appears, also, that even the ambient gravitons have been temporarily stunned, as evidenced by the gravity-defying polishing pan near the end of the assembly line.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

This diagram of the atomic structure of the gumball might explain that phenomenon:
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

nothing stands still, there is no absolute vacuum!
BrassBlower

Post by BrassBlower »

Hydrogen Atom #1: I think I've lost an electron.

Hydrogen Atom #2: Are you sure?

Hydrogen Atom #1: Yes, I'm positive.
https://www.facebook.com/4StringFantasy

I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

-Galileo
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

good 1. :D
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Band Nerd wrote:.....?
It's a Chiffy thing... wierd humor, bad puns, itinerant thought processes... you'll get used to it... or suffer endlessly... mwwuuhaahaahaaaaaaaa
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Cranberry wrote:
FJohnSharp wrote:Space is always standing still. It's the rest of the stuff that's moving.
I agree.
That's silly. Being known as a "space case", I can assure you that space moves around wherever I do. "Case" in this case means it's a container-type case thing, not as in "situation"-type case or upper or lower case cases, in case you didn't know. You know, like, Peeps. Sure, they don't move in their package, but go ahead and move the package: the Peeps moved, too.

There is a fine logic to this.