Who was Lilith?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
aderyn_du
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by aderyn_du »

Cranberry wrote: I think the tanned look is not only unnatural looking, but dangerous.
Guess I'm just unnatural looking and dangerous. ::eyebrow wiggle a la Groucho:: I have a year-round tan, and I don't even go out in the sun. I have my Spanish ancestors to thank for my dangerosity. :P
izzarina
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by izzarina »

aderyn_du wrote:
Cranberry wrote: I think the tanned look is not only unnatural looking, but dangerous.
Guess I'm just unnatural looking and dangerous. ::eyebrow wiggle a la Groucho:: I have a year-round tan, and I don't even go out in the sun. I have my Spanish ancestors to thank for my dangerosity. :P
Perhaps cran could have said the "self imposed tanned look"? But then again, maybe not :wink: I am VERY fair. It's quite a contrast to my very dark hair and eyes (my eyes are very dark brown). I used to lay out to get a tan, but I really just ended up with a very bad burn.
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

izzarina wrote:
Perhaps cran could have said the "self imposed tanned look"? But then again, maybe not :wink: I am VERY fair. It's quite a contrast to my very dark hair and eyes (my eyes are very dark brown). I used to lay out to get a tan, but I really just ended up with a very bad burn.
Aww.... but I rather liked the thought of being dangerous. :twisted:
Music melts all the separate parts of our bodies together. ~Anais Nin
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

aderyn_du wrote:
izzarina wrote:
Aww.... but I rather liked the thought of being dangerous. :twisted:
I tend to think that girls like us can be quite dangerous with or without a tan, don't you think? :twisted:
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

It's not the color, Ad, but the texture. That dry leathery look is awful. You still see women here who favor it. They're crunchy.
Cotelette d'Agneau
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

izzarina wrote: I used to lay out to get a tan, but I really just ended up with a very bad burn.
I know what you mean but just to let you know,among the Irish community in England,a "Tan" is a derogatory term for an Englishman.

Slan,
D.

...not that I have ever used it of course...
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

Peggy wrote:It's not the color, Ad, but the texture. That dry leathery look is awful. You still see women here who favor it. They're crunchy.
Yeah, I grew up in Arizona, so I know what you mean. :P
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Peggy wrote:It's not the color, Ad, but the texture. That dry leathery look is awful. You still see women here who favor it. They're crunchy.
Must be all the bug eggs.

edited to say that now whenever I hear "crunchy" all I can think of is that blasted chocolate thread!
Last edited by izzarina on Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

Poor FlyDood. We've taken his thread from Dark Goddesses to dark crunchy women. :boggle:
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

dubhlinn wrote:
izzarina wrote: I used to lay out to get a tan, but I really just ended up with a very bad burn.
I know what you mean but just to let you know,among the Irish community in England,a "Tan" is a derogatory term for an Englishman.
Well, then it must have been the wee bit of English that I got from my mother's side that made me do it :wink:
Jack

Post by Jack »

Yes, I agree. And I especially like the term 'crunchy' describing it. Hehe. I didn't mean to say that all people who were tanned were like that. They're not, of course.

Also, of course, tanning in the sun leads to cancer, especially if you're naturally lighter skinned (I never understood how John McCain survives in Arizona).
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

Cranberry wrote: (I never understood how John McCain survives in Arizona).
I never have either, but not for the color of his skin. :P
Jack

Post by Jack »

aderyn_du wrote:
Cranberry wrote: (I never understood how John McCain survives in Arizona).
I never have either, but not for the color of his skin. :P
Har har! When I think back, I seem to remember him having skin cancer at some point, actually. I'm not positively sure, though.

Anne Graham Lotz is one of those crunchy women. Her poor skin looks like it's going to fall off:

Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

aderyn_du wrote:Poor FlyDood. We've taken his thread from Dark Goddesses to dark crunchy women. :boggle:
Quite all right. Even here there are many women with the Death Valley texture.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
emmline

Post by emmline »

Scary. They must've gotten hooked in the era when Coppertone oil with NO spf was the favored emollient.

I now feel fortunate that I was too restless to bother trying to get a tan, and nowadays I use sunscreen year-round, even on dreary wet days like today. One of the cats screamed when I put her outside.