a few thoughts on chocolate

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
izzarina
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by izzarina »

Flyingcursor wrote:Regarding the "off the shelf" common candy bar, what is everyone's favorite? Mine is Zero followed by Dove dark.
mmmm...Dove dark! One of my favorites! But I also love Dove milk chocolate. And I admit that I do also love Hershey's with Almonds. :)
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
mamakash

Post by mamakash »

Flyingcursor wrote:Regarding the "off the shelf" common candy bar, what is everyone's favorite? Mine is Zero followed by Dove dark.
I like "Milky Way Dark" bars, even if they are a little sweet. Otherwise, Paul Newman's chocolate is the best.

Does anyone from the states enjoy Gertrude Hawk's chocolate? The only place I've seen a store is in New York State . . . I don't think they are in Jersey. They mall store's are not nearly as good as in my childhood. They used to have HUGE amounts of bin chocolate for the holidays. Now they only sell boxed chocolate. Their dark chocolate bars are fabulous. :D
I sing the birdie tune
It makes the birdies swoon
It sends them to the moon
Just like a big balloon
Lambchop
antispam: No

Post by Lambchop »

GaryKelly wrote:Our cheese is better'n yours too. :)

That's why we have your cheese, too. :)

We have everybody's cheese. It's our only defense against Velveeta.
Last edited by Lambchop on Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cotelette d'Agneau
FJohnSharp
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

My wife got me some Godiva for Valentine's Dy. It was from a department store, and it was covered in bloom (a chalky white coating caused by the changing of the fat crystals in the cocoa butter from one form to another form (alpha to beta I think). It comes from abuse, like letting it get too warm then cool again.

We sent an email to Godiva to let them know that the store was not taking good care of their chocolate. They were very happy we let them know and they sent us a box that as twice as big as a make-up.

We also ate the first box, since they didn't want it back and since there is really nothing wrong with bloomed chocolate.
"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
(The people’s spirit is raised through culture)

Suburban Symphony
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

FJohnSharp wrote:My wife got me some Godiva for Valentine's Dy. It was from a department store, and it was covered in bloom (a chalky white coating caused by the changing of the fat crystals in the cocoa butter from one form to another form (alpha to beta I think). It comes from abuse, like letting it get too warm then cool again.
John, that is so cool that you know that-- I am thoroughly impressed. I had never known there was a term and an explanation for that occurrence. You rock! :thumbsup:
Music melts all the separate parts of our bodies together. ~Anais Nin
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

aderyn_du wrote:John, that is so cool that you know that-- I am thoroughly impressed. I had never known there was a term and an explanation for that occurrence. You rock! :thumbsup:

In warm climes, like here, little bug eggs hatch in the nuts in chocolate and the larvae kind of start eating it from the inside out. It's kind of hard to tell this has happened until you've bitten into it. Usually, you only think it's bloom, but nooooo . . . . :)

Eagerly awaits praise and accolades . . .
Cotelette d'Agneau
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

Peggy wrote:
aderyn_du wrote:John, that is so cool that you know that-- I am thoroughly impressed. I had never known there was a term and an explanation for that occurrence. You rock! :thumbsup:

In warm climes, like here, little bug eggs hatch in the nuts in chocolate and the larvae kind of start eating it from the inside out. It's kind of hard to tell this has happened until you've bitten into it. Usually, you only think it's bloom, but nooooo . . . . :)

Eagerly awaits praise and accolades . . .

BLECCH! Peggy, dear, I'm not sure whether to give you accolades for knowing such a thing, or to cry... chocolate with nuts is one of my favorite things. Now every chocolate bar is suspect for wee little buggies devouring it from the inside out. :shock:
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

aderyn_du wrote:BLECCH! Peggy, dear, I'm not sure whether to give you accolades for knowing such a thing, or to cry... chocolate with nuts is one of my favorite things. Now every chocolate bar is suspect for wee little buggies devouring it from the inside out. :shock:

If you freeze it for a few weeks, the eggs die. 8)
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Peggy wrote:Eagerly awaits praise and accolades . . .
YAY PEGGY!! I really am not sure why I praised you, except maybe because I din't hurl after reading that :lol:
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

Peggy wrote:
aderyn_du wrote:BLECCH! Peggy, dear, I'm not sure whether to give you accolades for knowing such a thing, or to cry... chocolate with nuts is one of my favorite things. Now every chocolate bar is suspect for wee little buggies devouring it from the inside out. :shock:

GAG-O-RAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:boggle:
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

aderyn_du wrote:
Peggy wrote:

GAG-O-RAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:boggle:
I agree! eeeewwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!! I may have to take that praise back now, Peggy :P
emmline

Post by emmline »

One time, in college, my roommate had a bag of chestnuts she was getting all ready to eat. So, she poured them out, only to discover--chestnuts and several white wiggly grub things. She stared at this unappetizing surprise for a few moments, unable to move, until I grabbed the whole platter and disposed of it. Yes, I know what can happen in nuts.
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

::cowering in the corner::

Stop! Stop the madness!! Ad can't take much more. Bugs in nuts...it's tragic.
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

aderyn_du wrote:::cowering in the corner::

It's ok ad.....we'll go buy some new shoes, ok? Everything will be fine

:wink:
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

izzarina wrote:
aderyn_du wrote:::cowering in the corner::

It's ok ad.....we'll go buy some new shoes, ok? Everything will be fine

:wink:
Ahhh... shoes. I got a new pair a couple days ago. Life is good. Image