It's Peeps Season!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
TomB
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

It's Peeps Season!

Post by TomB »

OK, I know that peeps are available throughout the year, and that folks have them for many other seasons, but to me, Peeps are a part of the Easter Season (and yes, I know that Easter is not about candy, candy, candy).

Peeps are one sweet treat. Sorry Martin, I know you hate them.

All the Best, Tom
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
Martin Milner

Re: It's Peeps Season!

Post by Martin Milner »

TomB wrote:OK, I know that peeps are available throughout the year, and that folks have them for many other seasons, but to me, Peeps are a part of the Easter Season (and yes, I know that Easter is not about candy, candy, candy).

Peeps are one sweet treat. Sorry Martin, I know you hate them.

All the Best, Tom
Beth spotted some "fake" Peeps on Saturday, the 99p shop.

I love the concept, it's the flavour and texture that gets me...
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing
avanutria
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

In retrospect, I should have bought them.
TomB

Post by TomB »

avanutria wrote:In retrospect, I should have bought them.

Knock-off peeps?? :boggle: No way Beth, you can't buy those.
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Well, if ya can't get the real thing...

I could ask my aunt to pick some up for me and hang on to them...by the time I arrive for my visit in June, they'll be nicely seasoned, just the way I like them.

England may not have true peeps but they've come up with an interesting concoction: The Cadbury Creme Egg McFlurry. :boggle: Has that shown up over there yet? I might get one on the way home today.. :D
TomB

Post by TomB »

avanutria wrote:Well, if ya can't get the real thing...

I could ask my aunt to pick some up for me and hang on to them...by the time I arrive for my visit in June, they'll be nicely seasoned, just the way I like them.

England may not have true peeps but they've come up with an interesting concoction: The Cadbury Creme Egg McFlurry. :boggle: Has that shown up over there yet? I might get one on the way home today.. :D

If you want me to send you a box or two, I would be happy to do so. Just PM me your address. No big deal.

I haven't heard of the McConcoction of which you speak, but who knows!

Tom
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

avanutria wrote: England may not have true peeps but they've come up with an interesting concoction: The Cadbury Creme Egg McFlurry. :boggle: Has that shown up over there yet? I might get one on the way home today.. :D
Ugh. That sounds like a stomach ache and a cavity just waiting to happen! :boggle: You'll have to let us know what you think should you try one, Beth!
Music melts all the separate parts of our bodies together. ~Anais Nin
Charlene

Post by Charlene »

My husband and daughter don't understand how I can eat Peeps! I don't care much for just plain marshmallows - but get that colored sugar on and YUM!

The yellow and white ones are the best - blue is ok but the color comes off. Pink always tastes bitter to me.

Now you've done it folks - I need to stop at the store and buy some!
Charlene
Charlene

Post by Charlene »

My husband and daughter don't understand how I can eat Peeps! I don't care much for just plain marshmallows - but get that colored sugar on and YUM!

The yellow and white ones are the best - blue is ok but the color comes off. Pink always tastes bitter to me.

Charlene
TomB

Post by TomB »

Charlene wrote:My husband and daughter don't understand how I can eat Peeps! I don't care much for just plain marshmallows - but get that colored sugar on and YUM!

Well, of course the yellow are the most traditional, at least in my world.

Tom
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Never cared for them myself but I think this year I'm going to microwave a peep to see what happens. MUAAA HAA HAA
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Not one of you even mentioned that you can only eat them when they are stale....amateurs the lot of you :P
And fly, you'll have to let me know how it works out (the peep nuking). I would do it, but I'd hate to clean it all up afterwards.
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

izzarina wrote:but I'd hate to clean it all up afterwards.
The secret is I want a new microwave but my wife says this one is still good. My philosophy is if it doesn't cook properly it doesn't work. Her philosophy is if it runs it works.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
TomB

Post by TomB »

Flyingcursor wrote:
izzarina wrote:but I'd hate to clean it all up afterwards.
The secret is I want a new microwave but my wife says this one is still good. My philosophy is if it doesn't cook properly it doesn't work. Her philosophy is if it runs it works.

My suggestion is to stick a bag of microwave popcorn in it, and then "mistakenly" set the cook time for about 30 minutes. The resulting smell will be so bad, she will be only too happy to get rid of it. :wink:

I actually did this by mistake once, many years ago. I had a microwave that the timer did not work on any longer, so I used to just crank it up to microwave stuff and then pull it out at the correct time. I had a couple of friends over to watch some movies, I stuck the popcorn in, went back to the movie and we all promptly forgot about it until we noticed a horrendous smell. When the bag finally cooled off enough to open it, there was just a large mass of black smudge on the bottom. It looked and smelled like a science experiment gone bad.

I shelled out the $ for a new microwave, very shortly after this incident.

Tom
avanutria

Post by avanutria »

When I was about 11 or 12 I learned that if you try to make Rice Krispie Treats in the microwave (because you're not old enough to use the oven unattended), the resulting concoction has the consistency and clean-up-ability of set cement. :D

Hmm...maybe I'll make Rice Krispie treats sometime soon...