New summer music camp in Vermont - w. Guru Larsen et al.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
StevieJ
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Old hand, active in the early 2000s. Less active in recent years but still lurking from time to time.

New summer music camp in Vermont - w. Guru Larsen et al.

Post by StevieJ »

I have just been alerted to this new summer camp in the Green Mountains (deet-un-diddly deet-un dadee doot-un diddly...) of Vermont 12-18 June.

It seems they need a few more people to sign up to avoid cancelling the entire event.

http://www.langston.com/NHMC/index.html
Rin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Rin »

They couldn't move it back a couple of weeks, could they? :P June's too early for me.

Too bad, I would have been interested. :( Could even have commuted! :wink:
Jennie

Post by Jennie »

Is anyone else here planning on going? I'm interested in finding something that both my daughter(s) and I can attend, and this one is at least close to one family member.

I'm curious about what you other Irish music folks find that would also interest my contra-dancing, fiddle kid. Anybody have any great suggestions?

Jennie
Rin

Post by Rin »

Actually... I *might* be able to...

We'll see.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Just to hear Ken Perlman play the banjo would be worth the trip.

And I am using Grey Larsen's book to learn from---I sure would love to ask him about a few things. He is my guru.
NancyF

Post by NancyF »

I had Grey for my teacher at Rocky Mountain Fiddle Camp last summer and am dissapointed he won't be there this year. If you can possibly get to this camp - for heaven's sakes go! You will love the soft spoken wisdom that kind man will share with you.

While at RMFC, I got to know Ken Perlman, who is hosting the new camp. He is a wonderful musician and an organized guy who will put on a great camp. I had an email from him today saying they need 7 more sign-ups by March 31 to go ahead with the camp.

--NancyF