Why I love New York

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
amar
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

Feadan wrote:
amar wrote:bloomy just revealed to us that he lives in NY. This is his coming-out!
Bloomie would only like you to believe he lives in NYC. I have it from reliable sources that his true residence makes him a western Massachusetts hillbilly :wink:

Cheers,
David
OMG!! This is Bloomy???
TomB
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by TomB »

Feadan wrote:
amar wrote:bloomy just revealed to us that he lives in NY. This is his coming-out!
Bloomie would only like you to believe he lives in NYC. I have it from reliable sources that his true residence makes him a western Massachusetts hillbilly :wink:

Cheers,
David

Yep, the accent gives him away every time. :)

Tom
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
Feadan
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Feadan »

amar wrote:
Feadan wrote:

Cheers,
David
OMG!! This is Bloomy???
Basically...well, yeah...except Bloomie doesn't dress as nicely and he has fewer teeth.

Cheers,
David

P.S. Here is Bloomie's wedding photo with his lovely wife, Daisy-Bob and faithful dog Foamy. Note the ancestral trailer in the background.

And what a wedding cake!

dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Bloomfield wrote:
dubhlinn wrote:For a moment in another Thread,I thought you were from Ballyfermot.....
I thought you'd be one to catch that. ;)

So many stories..so little time..another time..When Paddy is rested for another Year.. :wink:

Keep the Faith..

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

Feadan wrote:
amar wrote:
Feadan wrote: Bloomie would only like you to believe he lives in NYC. I have it from reliable sources that his true residence makes him a western Massachusetts hillbilly :wink:

Cheers,
David
OMG!! This is Bloomy???
Basically...well, yeah...except Bloomie doesn't dress as nicely and he has fewer teeth.

Cheers,
David

P.S. Here is Bloomie's wedding photo with his lovely wife, Daisy-Bob and faithful dog Foamy. Note the ancestral trailer in the background.

And what a wedding cake!

that dude's wearing some kind of tartan.
disgrace! outrage! :x
Feadan

Post by Feadan »

amar wrote: that dude's wearing some kind of tartan.
Actually I think it's old pajamas....

Cheers,
David
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

New York... Massachussetts... somewhere in the Blue States... we're pretty sure of that. I ain't ever been to New York or Massachussetts, but I hear it's real pretty country.
Reasonable person
Walden
Feadan

Post by Feadan »

Walden wrote:New York... Massachussetts... somewhere in the Blue States... we're pretty sure of that. I ain't ever been to New York or Massachussetts, but I hear it's real pretty country.
All kidding aside, as I've said before (not on this thread) Bloomie's home is in one of the most beautiful hill towns in Franklin County (MA). I grew up in the next town over (which ain't half bad itself).

Cheers,
David
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Feadan wrote:
I have pajamas like that. They're really comfy :) But I think I look better than he does in them. :roll:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
emmline

Post by emmline »

New York isn't boring like suburban Maryland, that's for sure. I'd like more opportunities to hang out there, really. Sooner or later I'd learn to stop talking to the uncharacteristically friendly types who invariably tag me as a non-resident (even though I'm wearing a black coat,) and hit me up for a handout.
Last time, we ate at a cool place called Pomaire, which is supposedly the only Chilean restaurant in NYC. Very good.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Feadan wrote:

Cheers,
David

Yup, tartan flannel. Can't beat em!

Mine are dress Campbells.
Cotelette d'Agneau
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

What is it with Rottweilers and house trailers? I never met a Rottweiler until I went into the trailer business.

Y'all may know, I still buy and renovate (actually, my handyman does most of the renovating now that I'm a big player in the penny whistle industry) used mobile homes. I sometimes pick up old house trailers that have been repo'd or evicted from a trailer park somewhere. It seems that there are three things that are almost standard equipment with mobile homes:

1. The frame of at least one water bed.

2. A non-functioning console television (probably was used as a stand for a portable television, which would not have been left in the trailer since a portable television would be light enough to carry out).

3. Rottweilers. I've never found one in a vacant house trailer, but I've encountered more of them than I can count in and around occupied mobile homes. The guy who hauls and sets up mobile homes for me has a 200 pound (not a typo) Rottweiler named Duke. If Duke sits on your foot, you can't leave until he decides to move.

Best wishes,
Jerry
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

I haven't been to any New England states yet. Every time we decide to take a driving vacation we go south. Last time we were set on doing a New England trip but then ended up in Georgia.

I knew I shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

izzarina wrote:I have pajamas like that. But I think I look better than he does in them. :roll:
I'd like to take your word for it Izz, really I would, but there's no way round it. A photo is required for comparative purposes.
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
Jack

Post by Jack »

Was Bloomfield not born in Europe?