Start at low D ? ( help this beginner pls )

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
amar
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

I don't use a different attitude towards any kind of people, it makes no difference to me where people come from. I myself am half-indian living in Switzerland, I'd be the last person to treat people badly due to their race. But how dare you come in here and tell people they should f-off? Nobody here was, and will be offensive to you.
brownja
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by brownja »

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that I'm on holiday in France. I stop in a small village to request assistance finding my destination. My attempts at French, while laudable, are somewhat less than effective. Someone overhearing the conversation says "Hey, Florian down the way speaks English, Why doesn't someone ring him up and see if he can help this fellow out?"

Where's the offence in that?
Would it not be inappropriate, not to mention, counterproductive, for me to respond with obscenity and verbal abuse?

After reading this thread, and the one on the flute forum, It seemed there a bit of confusion, I was going to add my 2 cents, then thought that maybe you could more comfortably and effectively get the information you desire from someone that speaks your native language.

There are people on this board from all over the world and it would have been no different if you were from Germany or Uraguay.

The ironic thing, we most often have requests for translation between English and American, not another language.

I'm truly sorry you found my post offensive. I do believe, however, that's a more a result of your hypersensitivity, rather than anything patently offensive in my post.

Sincerely,
John Brown
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Well said, brownja!
<font size="small"><marquee>But
I'm just a beginner, so what do I
know...... </marquee></font>
Cees
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I became interested in the beauty and versatility of Irish whistles and music over 20 years ago when I first found the Chiff boards. Yes, I do have WHOA, and I love my whistles. :)

Post by Cees »

lkthomas,
I think the only reason brownja suggested getting some translation help is because it was obvious that you weren't understanding the answers people gave you to your questions. They would answer them and then you would ask the same question again in a different way. No offense by anyone was intended. People here are generally very helpful and friendly and go out of their way to help strangers and friends in need.

I suggest in getting started with the whistle that you do what I did when I started on Chiff & Fipple--read all of the various parts of the website: whistle brands cheap and expensive, interviews, FAQs, etc. It will give you a lot of information. I know it helped me get a good start in the whistling world.

Best wishes and good luck to you,
Cees :smile:
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

Cannen You me helpen wiz ze Whistelln? Mine Fingern maken not vat I want, and where finde I ze F natural on ze whistell? Mine whistell is zu small and has not enough holesen.

Helpen Sie mir! And wenn You don't like ze Germans, You can Geh und Fick Dich selbst.

Zank you. :wink:
/Bloomfield
ChristianRo

Post by ChristianRo »

Awww...c'mon Bloomfield!
Christian
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

:: holding my head in my hands and shaking sadly. . . :: I KNEW I shouldn't have mentioned that this thread had taken a new and interesting angle. I think I need to learn when to let sleeping Bloo's lie.
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

On 2002-05-02 09:40, ChristianRo wrote:
Awww...c'mon Bloomfield!
Christian
Christian, als Deutscher kann ich mich ja schlecht ueber jemand anderes lustig machen. :smile:
/Bloomfield
claudine
Tell us something.: Hi, I am a choir singer from Luxembourg trying to get back to Irish flute playing after a few years of absence from ITM.

Post by claudine »

Bloomfield, so viel Zartgefühl hätte ich dir ja gar nicht zugetraut.
ChristianRo

Post by ChristianRo »

Wow, das wusste ich nicht. Waere aber auch so natuerlich nicht beleidigt gewesen! (translates as: Vott? You German, too? Anniway, I am nott offendet!):-)
Christian
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

On 2002-05-02 10:41, claudine wrote:
Bloomfield, so viel Zartgefühl hätte ich dir ja gar nicht zugetraut.
Ich bin selber ganz ueberrascht. :grin:

P.S. Claudine, thanks again for the Jolly Beggarman, I've almost got the words down (there is just sooo many of them...).

Tschuess, nech.
/Bloomfield
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

On 2002-05-02 10:45, ChristianRo wrote:
Wow, das wusste ich nicht. Waere aber auch so natuerlich nicht beleidigt gewesen! (translates as: Vott? You German, too? Anniway, I am nott offendet!):-)
Christian
{{{APPALLED}}}

Are you telling me that you're misspelling the German too!!! oy vey is mir. . .and I've been trying to translate it! You are all INCORRIGIBLE! and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
ndjr

Post by ndjr »

Hey, Bloom! Trust you to take a thread that had gone all haywire, and make something interesting out of it.  :-D

With regard to lkthomas and the earlier part of the thread, I think trying to reason with him, even to mollify him, is a useless enterprise because:
<pre>

A) He's not behaving rationally.

B) He doesn't appear to understand what he's saying.

C) He doesn't appear to understand what <b>others</b> are saying.

D) There is the possibility that he's deliberately trying to start a row.

</pre>
Y'all have to do what y'all have to do, and I don't blame you for trying, but there are some people you just have to write off.

YMMV
Best regards,

Neil Dickey
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

On 2002-05-02 11:25, tyghress wrote:
On 2002-05-02 10:45, ChristianRo wrote:
Christian
{{{APPALLED}}}

Are you telling me that you're misspelling the German too!!! oy vey is mir. . .and I've been trying to translate it! You are all INCORRIGIBLE! and I wouldn't have it any other way.

PLEASE DON'T USE A DIFFERENT ATTITUDE TO PEOPLE WHO CAN'T SPELL. I hate zat....
/Bloomfield
ChristianRo

Post by ChristianRo »

Nope, Tyghress,
the spelling was o.k., although this does not compensate for lack of style.. my apologies:-)
Christian
On 2002-05-02 11:25, tyghress wrote:
{{{APPALLED}}}