have you huged your pipemaker today

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
chanterdan
antispam: No

Post by chanterdan »

this is my first posting,id just like to say ,nick whitmer is the man!faced with stpatric day gigs,and no playable reed, nick came through for me in a moments notice.invited me to his place in ithica ny,and hooked me up,and gave me a reed making lesson to boot. THANKS MR WHITMER!
PJ
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

You've heard of the Gentleman Piper, well he's the Gentleman Pipemaker!!

Nick is the man, alright.
Patrick D'Arcy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Patrick D'Arcy »

:o If I wanted to I don't think I would try it.... I'd say it'd be damaging to the relationship..... I only try to get huge for the missus....

My appoloogies in advance.... once again... I couldn't resist.... I am weak and yet with a keyboard at my disposal - I am strong like bull! :lol:

Some bloke.
tompipes
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by tompipes »

Maybe we could have a national holiday,
Praise the Maker Day
Or even, Have a week where you get to travel to the craftsman's workshop and hug'em.
That could be Meet You're Maker week!

Tommy
Antaine

Post by Antaine »

Oooo...National Uilleann Pipemaker Day...I like it...
{][_||_______||_][___o__o__O___o__O__º__º__]]_]
         \\
           \\
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

tompipes wrote:That could be Meet You're Maker week!

Tommy
:lol: :lol: :lol: Now that's funny. :D
Patrick D'Arcy

Post by Patrick D'Arcy »

Caw Caw... what time is it Mr. Crow.... Caw caw!

Judge.
feadogin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by feadogin »

Patrick, have you been abusing any illegal substances? :wink:

J.
Patrick D'Arcy

Post by Patrick D'Arcy »

Tommy will tell you :) .... his Avatar is linked to mine .... pretty funny to me anyway :)

PD (Judge)
djm

Post by djm »

Patrick, you don't have to get huge with your pipemaker, but he might appreciate getting wide ... :D

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Beauford T Rosemondt III

Post by Beauford T Rosemondt III »

Patrick D'Arcy wrote:
:o If I wanted to I don't think I would try it.... I'd say it'd be damaging to the relationship..... I only try to get huge for the missus....

My appoloogies in advance.... once again... I couldn't resist.... I am weak and yet with a keyboard at my disposal - I am strong like bull! :lol:

Some bloke.
I don't like to ruin your fun fellow uilean pipers but there are many youth who can and I think do read this forum for help and inspiration and this type of crude inuendo spoils it for many of us who would like to encourage the younger generation. I know I went to Bible college and everything like that so I am just a little over sensitive to the way public discourse has deteriorated in recent years. Maybe I am a might prudish but I just thought I'd note that because I am told by many it's what destroyed the bagpipe newsgroup and some other bagpipe related mail lists on the internet. I would hate to see it get out of hand in this group too and I realize pipers and musicians are a rowdy bunch by nature and we should exercize some restraint in public places like this at least for the more tender ears out there.
BTRIII
mukade

Post by mukade »

Beauford T Rosemondt III wrote:
Patrick D'Arcy wrote:

Some bloke.
I don't like to ruin your fun fellow uilean pipers but there are many youth who can and I think do read this forum for help and inspiration and this type of crude inuendo spoils it for many of us who would like to encourage the younger generation. I know I went to Bible college and everything like that so I am just a little over sensitive to the way public discourse has deteriorated in recent years. Maybe I am a might prudish but I just thought I'd note that because I am told by many it's what destroyed the bagpipe newsgroup and some other bagpipe related mail lists on the internet. I would hate to see it get out of hand in this group too and I realize pipers and musicians are a rowdy bunch by nature and we should exercize some restraint in public places like this at least for the more tender ears out there.
Hello Royce.

Mukade
djm

Post by djm »

Da! Strong like bool. Schmart like dump truck.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Beauford T Rosemondt III wrote:
Patrick D'Arcy wrote:

Some bloke.
I know I went to Bible college and everything like that so I am just a little over sensitive to the way public discourse has deteriorated in recent years.... I realize pipers and musicians are a rowdy bunch by nature and we should exercize some restraint in public places like this at least for the more tender ears out there.
No Offense, but public discourse has always been vulgar, filled with colorful metphore and base innuendo. Over all, this thread is quite tame, when compared to ones I have read in my one short year posting in this forum.

This isn't Sesame Street, and it isn't Club 51 either. If you feel this forum might offend young eyes, then suggest to said young eyes they look elsewhere. Dale Wisely, this board's moderator, is usually pretty good about keeping our topics and language in line. But if you feel offended by something, send him a private message, and link the offending passage to it so he can check it out.
Patrick D'Arcy

Post by Patrick D'Arcy »

Wow... thanks for straightening me out there Beauford T Rosemondt III. I thought the post was about being huged... it trurns out I was grossly mistaken and the topic is about being hugGed. I will be off now for a good flagulation and healthy dose of hunger striking to set myself straight.

And might I say what an honour it is to meet one to be knighted by the Queen. And not only that but the third in his family to have been honoured thusly... wow... I am truly humbled.

:lol:

Same Bloke.
Last edited by Patrick D'Arcy on Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.